NPC Pictures

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Re: NPC Pictures

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

JW02 wrote:Hey, does anyone have any sites they use for pictures of your NPCs? What I'm looking for are some examples of the art that is in the Heroes book that shows normal people, not super heroed types. Military, cops, suits, common people, etc..

..I use Poser 4 to do a basic 3d model of my NPC's and print them. I can post them online though, what are you looking for specifically? Fat, short, tall, skinny, bald, hairy, facial hair, black, white, asian, male, female etc.?

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

We found a program called Hero Machine. It has some very basic forms, and then it has various articles of clothing, facial features, colors, etc. that you can put over the basic form. The entire gaming group has used it to create pictures of almost all of the characters, the GM seems to be having waaaay too much fun visualizing new bad guys with it, and we are even using it to create a group picture of all the characters together.
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Unread post by PigLickJF »

JW02 wrote:Yeah, I've used Hero Machine, but don't really have the time to put pictures together.

I'm looking for military types, officers, and etc. various age, sex, height, etc.

Do a yahoo or google search with "stock photos X," X being what you want pictures of, and you shoudl come up with some hits for just about anything. For instance, I just did "stock photos military personnel," and this page was the third listing. That should be a good start.

PigLick
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Stock photos is good, particularly if you want to portray real people. I like to bring the pictures into PhotoShop when needed and put in a few 'unusual physical characteristics' as well. I'm especially proud of the Elven ears I put on one of my NPCs.

Oh, I also found out that Under Ground Online added Heromachine 2.0 to its Heromachine offerings... You can find it here:

http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heroMachine2/
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”