PU3

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

PU3

Unread post by Zenvis »

I was just thinking what should be in PU3? And I came up with a few things that should be done.
1) More Powers.
2) A list of stories and villains to combat.
3) A new index table for the HU2 universe to work with that incoperates the old with the new.
4) Something that points at the PU additives and how they have affected the HU2 universe (An article or two).
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: PU3

Unread post by Carmen »

Hey, Hi I am Carmen Bellaire, the one that did PU1 and PU2, Kevin has okayed a PU3 to wrap things up, but I will not be getting to it for a bit. I want to put more powers, a set of charts for PU1 to 3 and HU2, the new special training stuff that got left out of PU2, a dedicated sidekick rule for the non-powered heroes, maybe a new class called the multi-hero (like the old dial H for hero comics) and some new psionic powers, but at only 96 pages (the standard for the PU books) it will not leave me too much room to but in those, extra goodies. What do you think? THanks Carmen. :-D
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

As much as I would love to give thanks to Scaype for endorsing me via the web, I dont deserve all the credit for all the powers on my site and I plan to expan with various sites that Scaype and I have discused should be on the web, let alone in a book in your hands. I just think that my site lacks the power that PU2 or 1 have. So unless someone comes to me and says that they have publishing potential, I'm holding out for now. Although I like what Carmen has done. keep up the good work.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

There's going to be a Powers Unlimited Three?? (reaction somewhere between mild shock and confusion)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

NecroTechno wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:There's going to be a Powers Unlimited Three?? (reaction somewhere between mild shock and confusion)

Same here. Is that even possible. ANOTHER 200 powers?

My question as well. I mean you could go with Supersonic speed and Supersonic flight and a few others but I would think that 90-95% of most comic book powers are covered. Of course as soon as I post this then I or someone else will think of fifty right off the bat. :P
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Preacher wrote:
NecroTechno wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:There's going to be a Powers Unlimited Three?? (reaction somewhere between mild shock and confusion)

Same here. Is that even possible. ANOTHER 200 powers?

My question as well. I mean you could go with Supersonic speed and Supersonic flight and a few others but I would think that 90-95% of most comic book powers are covered. Of course as soon as I post this then I or someone else will think of fifty right off the bat. :P

Well, it's not like they have to look very far.....I mean many of the powers in PU1 can be found in the old Ultimate Powers Book for MSH. :P (and there are still plenty more in there) :D
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

Hello Today

Well I was not thinking of another two hundred powers, just another 96 page book that falls somewhere between PU1 & PU2 in scope and ties it all together and finishes off the seires, heck Kevin cut out 50 or so powers that never made it in either book and even obvious ones like EXT: I.Q. are not included yet, so I think I have enough room for one more. Of course Kevin has me working on Splicers RPG and rifts stuff right now so it will be a little while, but I have a lot of ideas for hero games. While I am not yet the writer (and am NOT an artist) that Wayne B. is I think that you will see more HU2 line titles with my name on them in the future. THanks Carmen :ok:
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Carmen wrote:Hello Today

Well I was not thinking of another two hundred powers, just another 96 page book that falls somewhere between PU1 & PU2 in scope and ties it all together and finishes off the seires, heck Kevin cut out 50 or so powers that never made it in either book and even obvious ones like EXT: I.Q. are not included yet, so I think I have enough room for one more. Of course Kevin has me working on Splicers RPG and rifts stuff right now so it will be a little while, but I have a lot of ideas for hero games. While I am not yet the writer (and am NOT an artist) that Wayne B. is I think that you will see more HU2 line titles with my name on them in the future. THanks Carmen :ok:

Hey Carmen I have a question not really along the lines of PU3 but more of a Heroes Unlimited question in general just to see if you had ever given it any thought. Have you ever thought about doing a HU City Book based on an actual city? I know a lot of people would like it as a lot would not like it but was wondering what you thought about HU2 Citybooks? Orginizations, Super Heroes and Supervillains and the like. Like Century Station but as I said based on real cities.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

No, I had never thought of a city book, mostly do to the fact that at heart I am just a play that happened to get some of my stuff to Kevin (I did not go the Rifter route) he liked it and told me to get writing. I have though of a "Heroes International" book, with international organizations and villians, aka Justice League or the Avengers, that sort of thing. :? Carmen
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

In keeping with the theme of powers and power categories, but being something new and complimentary to the previous two books, how about some new rules for using new and old powers, such as "power stunts," ways to tweak aspects of powers taken (e.g., special limitations and advantages on one's powers), side effects (similar to those in Rifter #9 1/2, but in a more serious vein) and uncontrollable powers, power determination tables for different campaign power levels, G.M. and player advice for the material of the first two books, and an index of powers from all the HU2 books to date?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

So we have the following features suggested for PU3 or PU4..
1- New super powers (including those 50 or so left out of PU1 and the many submitted powers from us fans).
2- Special Training category expansion
3- Side kick stuff
3- International Teams
4- Power Stunts
5- Full tables for all the powers from all the books
6- Rule notes for power levels, balance, multi class heroes, etc.
7- Hardware and an updated modern equipment list
8- More psionic powers
9- Inclusion of spells from the other game settings into the HU setting
10- Inclusion and expansion of the powers side effects list from Rifter 9.5
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I think adding some interesting rules on combining powers for new effects would be useful. Also, maybe an expanded list of abilities available to Enchanted Weapon characters.

While adding new powers and maybe a category would be nice, something new should be done. The other stuff was done in the other two books. I think the power stunts would be the way to go, and skills that are based off powers(WP Energy Expulsion, a piloting skill for flying characters, etc).
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Actually the best way to bridge PU1 and PU2 and to hopefully lead up to a
VU 2nd edition is to do revision of some of the old powers. I mean
teleport and APS-Electricity could use an good update. As for the
rest of the stuff, I'm all for it. However, I don't think we need another
200 super powers, however some psionic powers including a Super
Psionic version of telepathy would be great. And how about a new
version of hyrokinesis instead of that lame one that came from
Beyond the Supernaturall 1st edition that all the Palladium Books
seem to inherit.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

As usual, we have come up with far too much content for a 96 page book. For PU 3 I would stick with Carmen's original ideas. Expand the Special Training class, do something with a multiclass Mega, add a few powers and psychics, put in writing rules for spell use and availability from other Palladium books, and update the tables and equipment lists would make me very content.

While I love the idea of an international book of hero teams, super villain organizations, and spy academies, I see that being a separate book. Instead of a "city" book, you could expand on the general flair of groups from around the world. Anything from the expanded Sector, or remnants of Soviet robotics programs, to a third world countries trys at cheap superhuman soldiers.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I would love to see ways to modify powers themselves. Sort of like how Champions gives you ways to customize powers to your heart's content. I'm not saying convert their stuff over, but it would be nice to personalize a power using official rules.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

My only hope that any powers included are well thought out and original. I was a little turned off at some of the powers that made it into PU1 -- there were some that just seemed redundant and/or unneccessarily derivative. In all fairness, though, there were some good powers in there as well IMO.

I would also like to see some of the powers that don't increase with experience/level updated (such as Sonic Speed, Sonic Flight, and ESPECIALLY Teleport).
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..I wasn't Impressed with PU2 on the first look, but when I got down to it, coupled with PU1's myriad powers that could be considered sub-powers (ie, dirivative), it rocks. Yeah, there's potential for abuse, but it also works out pretty cool with a measured hand.

..Whatever Carmen goes with, I'll now have faith in.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

I have to agree that I was pleasantly surprised with PU2. When I posted my own critique on PU1, I remember saying that I probably wouldn't want to own any more in the series... but PU2 did do a good job expanding on some categories (such as supersoldier and/or empowered) and bringing in some new ones (particularly the natural genius and the super-invention), so it pretty much always accompanies my HU2 core book.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Uncle Servo wrote:I have to agree that I was pleasantly surprised with PU2. When I posted my own critique on PU1, I remember saying that I probably wouldn't want to own any more in the series... but PU2 did do a good job expanding on some categories (such as supersoldier and/or empowered) and bringing in some new ones (particularly the natural genius and the super-invention), so it pretty much always accompanies my HU2 core book.

..Mine too, along with a print-out of Kittenstomp's Random tables of doom.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Troy Xavier wrote:New Random tables would be a good thing. Especially Kitten's.

AMEN!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”