Millimeter Waves

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MrTwist
Hero

Millimeter Waves

Unread post by MrTwist »

I've heard the term before, but never really got around to learning about it. Search Engines keep popping up sites trying to sell stuff.

So, I was curious as to what the capabilities of tis technology are. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Unread post by PigLickJF »

This seems like decent info

Millimeter Wave info

(Which, incidentally, was the first hit on yahoo search, not sure why you had problems finding the info, hehe).

PigLick
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

I searched for millimeter wave, not waves. Seems like it makes a difference. I was curious how a char using millimeter wave radar would differ from one using the base power of Radar as presented in HU2. Would they have no penalties?
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Actually, a character with Millimeter Radar would end up with more penalties due to the atmosphere absorbing the energy he emits.. the benefits you may think the millimeter waves provide are based on the tight beam width.. that is not the strong point of the Radar super power, which gets it's benefits from the ability to sense everything around the character.. for that sort of omnidirectional energy emission, you don't want waves that get soaked up too quickly.

In short, it makes no difference really, not stat-wise.
Interesting reading though, so thanks for that.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”