Need some help here

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Yeah, the key is to use common sense. Like Gadrin said, people are going to look at costumed people at a mall funny. Make them get out like normals and maybe play up the secret identity issue with them. If they go to the mall as Ted and Larry and try to bust up a gang fight as them, people are going to ask questions when Ted turns to metal and Larry runs so fast he's a blur.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Why not try making a list of mundane tasks that everyone does on a regular basis and using them for RP hooks. Example:

..Washing laundry
..Buying Grocercies
..Getting gas/fuel for vehicles
..Watching TV/news
..Renting videos
..Playing video games
..Reading a book
..Buying Comics
..Cleaning Weapons
..Vehicle Maintenance

..That's just ten off the top of my head. Each of them can lead to other avenues of interaction, or even adventure...

..GM: "Just as you add the soap to your load of laundry you hear a rumbling sound and see the terrible visage of Gore, the giant Mutant Iguana stomping on a car outside the laundramat..."

..Just as you sit down to enjoy the old fantasy novel you picked up at the used book store a slip age colored paper falls from the book into your lap. You pick it up and it has both your hero name and your real name on it..."

..There's tons of adventure ideas that don't involve combat. You just have to train your brain to think that way. In every good book you read that was a page turner, there were events pretty close to the front that sucked you in. That's what you need to do with your hooks, get them so interested that they don't notice they aren't slugging it out with cannon-fodder NPC's.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”