Before the Bomb

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Before the Bomb

Unread post by Zenvis »

So when is that book comming out? I know that the TMNT script was thrown out and never returned to, but I would like to have a new universe where the bomb never happened and see where that would go. Where powerful mutants control undergrounds and mad men want to keep the infestation of mutant animals under control... you get the idea.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

At the moment, presumably never. TMNT and HU can be used to simulate it though.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Mutant Underground would be a good book for you to check out if you want to run this kind of game.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Rali wrote:Mutant Underground would be a good book for you to check out if you want to run this kind of game.

Underground would require beefing up the mutants to make the cut when it comes to being a hero unless you would have an equally hush hush villian organization that causes trouble for just the underground. I would have to think about it.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

What I want is a TMNT type book. You know the one that was promised so many years ago. No super powers just mutants animals and their psionics. Sure they would have to recreate a story as to what its about without becomeing a "TMNT the next generation" but I want it now! I had the opertunity to ask Maryann personally about the manuscript when they said that they were doing away with it and she said that there was no way at this time or any time would I ever see that script. Man I was bumbed.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Zenvis wrote:What I want is a TMNT type book. You know the one that was promised so many years ago. No super powers just mutants animals and their psionics. Sure they would have to recreate a story as to what its about without becomeing a "TMNT the next generation" but I want it now!

Well, since that book may never be published, have you considered creating a home brew pre-Bomb world?

Just come up with a story and say it takes place X years before the Crash. Antogonists could be pro-mutant animal groups, anti-mutant groups, or even a generic antagonist that your player group has to deal with. A real kick would be to set it as the Crash is happening and have them try to save as many people as possible as civilization is falling apart around them.

Characters could be created without the background table in AtB. Instead, they could use the education tables from Heroes Unlimited assuming that the characters were brought up in a part of normal society that was open to the new creations.

If you want, give it a little X-Men spin where the scrupulous/principled mutant animals who are pressing for acceptance into general society are fighting unscrupulous mutant animals who want to terrorise society into submission.

Civilized mutant animals versus feral mutant animals.

Mutant animals versus mutant animal experiments gone wrong.

Maybe Green Peace is recruiting the mutant animals to fight corporations who continue to pollute and/or destroy the environment.

How about having the story take place in the pre-Bomb Yucatan, with them living around the area of the Aztec Land theme park. I recall there being a time machine or temporal mirror, and many other cool technologies in that book.

There are numerous options that you could go with if you take the time to work on them.

~Nekira Sudacne
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Well, since that book may never be published, have you considered creating a home brew pre-Bomb world?

Just come up with a story and say it takes place X years before the Crash. Antogonists could be pro-mutant animal groups, anti-mutant groups, or even a generic antagonist that your player group has to deal with. A real kick would be to set it as the Crash is happening and have them try to save as many people as possible as civilization is falling apart around them.

Characters could be created without the background table in AtB. Instead, they could use the education tables from Heroes Unlimited assuming that the characters were brought up in a part of normal society that was open to the new creations.

If you want, give it a little X-Men spin where the scrupulous/principled mutant animals who are pressing for acceptance into general society are fighting unscrupulous mutant animals who want to terrorise society into submission.

Civilized mutant animals versus feral mutant animals.

Mutant animals versus mutant animal experiments gone wrong.

Maybe Green Peace is recruiting the mutant animals to fight corporations who continue to pollute and/or destroy the environment.

How about having the story take place in the pre-Bomb Yucatan, with them living around the area of the Aztec Land theme park. I recall there being a time machine or temporal mirror, and many other cool technologies in that book.

There are numerous options that you could go with if you take the time to work on them.

Perhaps a story that involves the E.G.G.s and how the mutants see the end of the world and are attempting to stop it.[/quote]
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Lynx8882 wrote:if you wanted to do a before the bomb story line why not just set it out like this

1 all the PC's start out as Humans no animals no animal abilties if you have the TMNT books use that education tables and what not hve em roleplay thier lives for a few days or even a few weeks as the events that lead to the bomb are being played out in the background (ie all the splicing)

2 then drop the bomb boom they have to roll on the random tables to determine what animals they came out as.

Humans didn't turn into animals in this game setting. Not that it isn't possible that some mad scientist couldn't have found a way to cause animal mutations in humans (much like in "Tales of the Morphing Period" comic). But if you want to stay true to AtB's pre-Crash history, and play a mutant animal, you'd have to be the product of an E.G.G.(r) or some bio-tech laboratory (see AtB 2ed - page 163, 'The Birth of the Mutants'.)

~Nekira Sudacne
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Lynx8882 wrote:then the only way to for it truly work for the ATB setting would be to have them be surviving humans

That's not true. The book states that a few years into the consumer genetics boom that "it suddenly became glaringly obvious that humanity had created other intelegent life... Animals with sentience. Animals that were speaking, reading, and writing, and reasoning. If it hadn't been for The Crash, sentient animals would probably have become just another class of citizens."

So you see, players could play as mutant animals who lived before The Crash. A prime example is Wechek the Wise, spritual leader of the Free Cattle. He was born and partly mutated before The Crash.

~Nekira Sudacne
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Rali wrote:
Lynx8882 wrote:then the only way to for it truly work for the ATB setting would be to have them be surviving humans

That's not true. The book states that a few years into the consumer genetics boom that "it suddenly became glaringly obvious that humanity had created other intelegent life... Animals with sentience. Animals that were speaking, reading, and writing, and reasoning. If it hadn't been for The Crash, sentient animals would probably have become just another class of citizens."

So you see, players could play as mutant animals who lived before The Crash. A prime example is Wechek the Wise, spritual leader of the Free Cattle. He was born and partly mutated before The Crash.

It seems to me that without the crash that either mutants would become citizens or a weapon of mass distruction (A crap load of mutants to do your bidding.. ha ha ha ha....)
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

heretic888 wrote:

Or the TMNT, for that matter. :P

Shh, that's Gang of Four now, you want to get somebody sued? :quiet: :D
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”