Well, that's a big darn announcement.

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Well, that's a big darn announcement.

Unread post by thorr-kan »

https://palladiumbooks.us21.list-manage ... 4f841698f1

Just received an email about this from Palladium Books.

I wonder how much of the previously canceled TMNT&OS 2E from back in the day will make the transition?
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Rali
Hero

Re: Well, that's a big darn announcement.

Unread post by Rali »

It better not be just a reprint of the same rules with new art. :-?
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Rali wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:23 pm It better not be just a reprint of the same rules with new art. :-?
"The beloved, out-of-print Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles role-playing game and its sourcebooks are sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since its release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products. They are returning to print as two deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and sourcebooks. Each is being completely remastered by industry veteran Sean Owen Roberson and presented in full color, and Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will also provide a new painted cover."

That's exactly what it sounds like they're doing with other variety of "extras".
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I just hope they re-evaluate the amount of Bio-E each char gets. In the old edition you couldn't make the TMNT turtles with the amount given.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Rali wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:23 pm It better not be just a reprint of the same rules with new art. :-?
I am hoping to be proven wrong. Yet given the announcement it does seem the Rajiv an old house with a new cost of paint.
Warning: Continued and constant trolling. - NMI
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:16 pm I just hope they re-evaluate the amount of Bio-E each char gets. In the old edition you couldn't make the TMNT turtles with the amount given.
Yeah that was always something that bugged me in the game and something I tweaked in my games.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

TMNT and Other Strangeness was the first roleplaying game I ever played, the first one I owned, and the first one I GM'd. It set me on a path that would lead to decades of roleplaying joy. I have a special fondness for this game, and many wonderful memories of using it. But I won't be Kickstarting this - I already own the book! If it is only a collectors' item, with no real substance, then I don't need it - I can relive my fond memories by looking at the "real thing" still sitting on my shelf!

However... that was before I noticed this important nugget of information when I watched that Nerd Immersion video posted by ninevah -

This book will be "in beautiful FULL COLOR"!!! A full color book! From Palladium! That is amazing news - finally a Palladium book that could stand alongside the roleplaying games of today without looking tired and dull. Just open up almost any RPG and compare the lush full colour pages to the simple, black-and-whiteness of PB. I'm personally fine with the look - I'm used to Palladium Books and don't need extra flash to help me enjoy the content - but if they are ever going to attract new players, the books will have to be, well, attractive. If this first foray into a full color book succeeds, this could be the start of a fundamental change in PB products, which, I believe, would be great for business! :-D
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Full color doesn't impress me. I don't mind a few color pages but I prefer the black and white.

I am hoping that the original rule list and definitions are included. A number were dropped in the Revised Edition but are still referenced in later TMNT and AtB books. It'd be nice to finally have those skills back.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Sambot wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:31 pmIt'd be nice to finally have those skills back.
Which ones?

~Nekira Sudacne
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Mutants in Avalon lists these.
Aerial Navigation
Instrument Reading
Radiation Technology -Industrial
Radiation Technology -Medical
Oceanography
Shipboard Navigation

Some might have a more modern name but what's Radiation Technology do? There might also be some more skills. I've got a list of Heroes Unlimited 1st edition skills from here in the forums that might also be in the 1st Ed of TMNT as it includes the above but I don't know for sure.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

I don't suppose this Kickstarter will be using Backerkit and allowing late backers, is it?
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

thorr-kan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:53 pm I don't suppose this Kickstarter will be using Backerkit and allowing late backers, is it?
From what I understand No, you had to pledge at least $1 in the KS to get access to the Backerkit.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

I'm sure it will be released as a softcover eventually.

~Nekira Sudacne
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Warshield73 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:05 am
thorr-kan wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:53 pm I don't suppose this Kickstarter will be using Backerkit and allowing late backers, is it?
From what I understand No, you had to pledge at least $1 in the KS to get access to the Backerkit.
I figured as much, but I didn't even have that for discretionary income at the time. Christmas bonus came through though, so maybe I'll hold onto a bit incase Backerkit opens up.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

We appear to be mistaken!

From the 12 Jan Murmurs:
"If you did not back the Kickstarter
If you did not back the TMNT and Other Strangeness Kickstarter, you will be able to pre-order the following products via the Backerkit Pre-Order Store at the lower Kickstarter prices. "
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

thorr-kan wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:38 pm
We appear to be mistaken!

From the 12 Jan Murmurs:
"If you did not back the Kickstarter
If you did not back the TMNT and Other Strangeness Kickstarter, you will be able to pre-order the following products via the Backerkit Pre-Order Store at the lower Kickstarter prices. "
I think you can order anything that will be available in a store, like the regular edition of the book and maybe the mutagen dice, can be pre-ordered. But anything that was a KS exclusive like the variant covers or minis that would be no. At least that is how I read it.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Warshield73 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm I think you can order anything that will be available in a store, like the regular edition of the book and maybe the mutagen dice, can be pre-ordered. But anything that was a KS exclusive like the variant covers or minis that would be no. At least that is how I read it.
Have you seen anything saying the new TMNT books will be available through anything but this Kickstarter and BackerKit?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

thorr-kan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:54 pm
Warshield73 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm I think you can order anything that will be available in a store, like the regular edition of the book and maybe the mutagen dice, can be pre-ordered. But anything that was a KS exclusive like the variant covers or minis that would be no. At least that is how I read it.
Have you seen anything saying the new TMNT books will be available through anything but this Kickstarter and BackerKit?
Only certain items were listed as KS exclusives so they could be sold on PBs regular site so they could go to retailers as well. Plus, there were two pledge levels for retailers just getting the redux editions and a few other items. Since there were over a 120 backers at those levels I assume they were going to sell them in a store.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Based on the the last two Murmurs, BackerKit is now open for non-Kickstarter backers as preorders.

Source: I didn't back the Kickstarter, but I preordered through BackerKit.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

thorr-kan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:32 pm Based on the the last two Murmurs, BackerKit is now open for non-Kickstarter backers as preorders.

Source: I didn't back the Kickstarter, but I preordered through BackerKit.
Just out of curiosity what items did you get to order? Just wondering if they are allowing non-KS people to order exclusives.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

I got the regular hardcovers.

I believe some exclusives were available, though not everything and in limited qtys.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”