Metamorphed Dragon DNA Test?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

isawarenshi
D-Bee

Metamorphed Dragon DNA Test?

Unread post by isawarenshi »

I have my thoughts but I was wondering the consensus of the community considering how heavy DNA testing is in Titan Robotics. Would a Dragon in Human form have Dragon or Human DNA if they were tested?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Metamorphed Dragon DNA Test?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Its a dragon in human (shape) form. Not a human body possessed by a dragon.

There is a nice article in the Rifters call (working from memory here) Anatomy of a Dragon. And it goes into the micro-biology of a dragon's cells.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

First, you'd have to get through their mega-damage to get the sample. And I'd say they still have dragon DNA, otherwise you'd have "Well, my dad was a metamorphosed dragon..." as a reasonable backstory.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

They'd have Dragon DNA, metamorphosis doesn't change the DNA (assuming they even have DNA). There is nothing to indicate the DNA is altered for metamorphosis (generally, the Auto-G might be the only exception as its called out how complete the change is and how you need a specific test to spot them).

EDIT: Auto-G text from WB30 (pg27-31, SoT3 and IIRC MercOps also have the description) on pg27 "Unlike the metamorphosis of a dragon or the shape-changing abilities of other beings, the Auto-G's transformation is so complete that even its DNA and apparent natural abilities are the same as the race whose appearance it has assumed."

Now if Titan Robotics performs genetic testing I don't know, but if they did it seems clear that the subjects DNA would not change unless they are an Auto-G.

Return to “Rifts®”