My Fresh Take on the Shifter - Summons as Items

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

washout
D-Bee

My Fresh Take on the Shifter - Summons as Items

Unread post by washout »

Maybe not a fresh take, but you could summon an air elemental and have it assume the shape of a cloak, and then make it obey who you gave it to, if you told it to cast spells with keywords by commands and kept it happy in it's pact it might be happy to be an item? who knows what elementals think?

In the same way creating other "magic items" with the other elementals is pretty obvious since they cast level 1-4 elemental spells. Could put a fire elemental in a special ceramic vessel of some kind etc.

You could even fake bio-wizardry to an extent by forming a pact with a fairy and having it live in a bottle hidden inside some kind of item, and keep it happy by sneaking it treats and letting it out to go make mischief from time to time.

These are all I've really been able to come up with so far, but it's a start. Anyone have other ideas?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: My Fresh Take on the Shifter - Summons as Items

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

washout wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:11 am Maybe not a fresh take, but you could summon an air elemental and have it assume the shape of a cloak, and then make it obey who you gave it to, if you told it to cast spells with keywords by commands and kept it happy in it's pact it might be happy to be an item? who knows what elementals think?
But like, their extreme hatred for being bound to a particular person or place or thing for extended periods of time is the one thing we are explictly told that elementals hate and will become violent towards their summoners if they try this.

I can see wanting elemental themed magic items, that's a cool idea. But we know elementals themselves are not cool with being treated like literal objects. GM's free to ignore this of course; but you can't say we don't know how they'd react--we are told.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”