Marks of Heritage Flaming Sword

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Marks of Heritage Flaming Sword

Unread post by darthauthor »

Could use some help with looking this up.

The Atlantean Marks of Hertiage include a flaming sword on the left wrist if I am not mistaken.

I can't seem to find the description for the tattoo.

How much PPE does it cost to use?

How much damage does it do?
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Marks of Heritage Flaming Sword

Unread post by Grazzik »

WB2 pg 87

DB15 has more detail on the Marks, mostly cosmetic descriptions for the blade tattoo.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

You won't find a "Flaming Sword" Magic Tattoo if you look for it specifically this way. Some categories of M-Tats are presented in a "generic" format that you are expected to "specialize" by what is actually depicted in the M-Tat. In this case you are looking for the "Weapon Covered in Flames" Magic Weapon Tattoo (WB2 pg87 as previously mentioned, it's also in Book of Magic), but you have to select the weapon to be depicted (example: sword, axe, or knife/dagger, and technically here you have to be even more precise in what type of weapon within the examples) and that will be the weapon that will appear each time it is activated. It also means it is one of those M-Tats that you can take multiple times each time with a new "specialization".

PPE cost is standard for a "Weapon Covered in Flames" Magic Weapon Tattoo. Damage would also be "standard", this requires the weapon to be more precise than a generic "sword" requiring you to spec into a specific sword (examples, Long Sword or Katana) to determine the magical weapon's damage which converts 1:1 from the generic ancient weapon (where it does SDC, it converts to MDC at ratio of 1:1).
darthauthor
Hero

So a standard TRUE Atlantean.

Given their "Marks of Hertiage"

Uses their "FLAMING SWORD" tattoo.

PPE Cost?
10 PPE?
Regardless of sword type or size?
Weightless?
Wield in one hand regardless of size?

MD Damage?

IF it depends on the size of the sword and the it can be wielded one handed regardless (magic) then it looks like 4d6 MD

Strength bonus converted to MD or Just the damage the sword does (4d6 MD)?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

ShadowLogan wrote:PPE cost is standard for a "Weapon Covered in Flames" Magic Weapon Tattoo. Damage would also be "standard", this requires the weapon to be more precise than a generic "sword" requiring you to spec into a specific sword (examples, Long Sword or Katana) to determine the magical weapon's damage which converts 1:1 from the generic ancient weapon (where it does SDC, it converts to MDC at ratio of 1:1).

This is a place we put the clans into play... IMC, different clans use different weapons. One might favor the Flamberge, another the long sword. The clan crest is usually worked into the tattoo, and True Atlanteans can often identify someone's clan by their tattoo (or, at least, recognize the similarity between two of the same clan).

BTB, the Marks of Heritage cost double PPE for those who have less than 7 tattoos; 20 PPE for the flaming sword, 30 for Turn Dead. I personally go with True Atlanteans being able to use Marks of Heritage at cost, because they've had them for a long time and they're so ingrained into the culture.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

darthauthor wrote:So a standard TRUE Atlantean.

Given their "Marks of Hertiage"

Uses their "FLAMING SWORD" tattoo.

PPE Cost?
10 PPE?
Regardless of sword type or size?
Weightless?
Wield in one hand regardless of size?

MD Damage?

IF it depends on the size of the sword and the it can be wielded one handed regardless (magic) then it looks like 4d6 MD

Strength bonus converted to MD or Just the damage the sword does (4d6 MD)?

Size of the weapon doesn't matter per the description for determining PPE Cost. It has the standard magical properties for a Tattoo weapon. While the weapon might be weightless, I'd still require two handed weapons to use two hands to retain accurate control (and if players object, just say its magical weightless properties do not apply to certain reference frames like when you swing the weapon).

As I said the Mega-Damage is going to be based on the actual sword/weapon-type depicted. Nothing indicates normal PS bonus converts to MD 1:1, however IF they are considered to have SN PS you could use the rules for SN PS using melee weapons (either it replaces the weapon damage or its cumulative).
darthauthor
Hero

So,

Does it cost 10 PPE?

IF it is a regular normal swords does a Flaming Sword do 2d6 MD?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

darthauthor wrote:So,

Does it cost 10 PPE?

IF it is a regular normal swords does a Flaming Sword do 2d6 MD?

There is no text that directly says True Atlanteans pay normal cost for any tattoos, which would indicate that, unless they are T-men, they pay twice the list cost; so the flaming sword costs 20 PPE for most.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”