Stats for Forgotten Gods?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

chenoa.lynn
D-Bee

Stats for Forgotten Gods?

Unread post by chenoa.lynn »

Our group has delved into the gods side of Palladium recently and resurrecting the lost gods of Aco's pantheon has become the driving goal.
Our problem comes in that those gods are not provided full stats in Garden of the Gods, namely AR, Awe Factor, SDC, HP, PPE and Attributes.

Is there any guidance in any books or supplemental for determining/rolling up these stats? If not any recommendations on how you all would handle it?

As a note we likely will actually need these stats at some point, I'm 100% sure we will be doing some actual god fights.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Stats for Forgotten Gods?

Unread post by kiralon »

Just look in dragons and gods for inspiration, I will say though unless the characters are amazingly tough/have a mcguffin to kill the god, fighting a god would end up in player death, its not like a god is going to hang around in a fight when he is out gunned, and they usually have *LOTS* of friends they can bring to the party. Unless the god has the IQ of a piece of cheese of course, because if he was that easily killed he would have been before the players got to him/her.

P.S. My players usually die to Dragon fights (TPK), cause they will only win if the dragon goes, me stupid, me sit here and let players kill me.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

chenoa.lynn wrote:Our group has delved into the gods side of Palladium recently and resurrecting the lost gods of Aco's pantheon has become the driving goal.
Our problem comes in that those gods are not provided full stats in Garden of the Gods, namely AR, Awe Factor, SDC, HP, PPE and Attributes.

Is there any guidance in any books or supplemental for determining/rolling up these stats? If not any recommendations on how you all would handle it?

As a note we likely will actually need these stats at some point, I'm 100% sure we will be doing some actual god fights.

My advice? Copy another god, and call it good. Decide each god's role in the Pantheon, and then copy another god, possibly tweaking things a bit to fit what you need.

(Worth noting that Ma of that Pantheon was written up by someone who is both gorgeous and brilliant in Rifter 36, as an extremely low-powered deity... she might be lower than Chantico in that write-up).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
chenoa.lynn
D-Bee

Unread post by chenoa.lynn »

kiralon wrote:Just look in dragons and gods for inspiration, I will say though unless the characters are amazingly tough/have a mcguffin to kill the god, fighting a god would end up in player death, its not like a god is going to hang around in a fight when he is out gunned, and they usually have *LOTS* of friends they can bring to the party. Unless the god has the IQ of a piece of cheese of course, because if he was that easily killed he would have been before the players got to him/her.

P.S. My players usually die to Dragon fights (TPK), cause they will only win if the dragon goes, me stupid, me sit here and let players kill me.

While I wouldn't exactly put it past some of our party to try, I meant gods fights as in the gods fighting each other. Both through wars and likely one on one/pantheon on pantheon style.

Also, I mean who among us hasn't gotten caught up in the siren's call of trying to fight a dragon and everyone dies?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”