Naruni Tech

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Naruni Tech

Unread post by darthauthor »

Quick question

Does Naruni tech, especially the energy rifles and pistols, depend upon eclips that only Naruni outlets or distributors can recharge?

Or can standard eclip charger recharger them?

If NOT could a techno wizard build something to recharge them magically?
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Naruni Tech

Unread post by Grazzik »

Naruni energy weapons and force fields sold on Earth have been modified to fit standard eclip sizes. (Mercenaries pg 123-125)

I doubt connectors are available on Earth for NE eclips, though custom items could be made or connectors dimensionally imported.

TW can do anything.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

An Operator could also build something to convert/connect the Naruni clip to a rechardging source.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

NMI wrote:An Operator could also build something to convert/connect the Naruni clip to a rechardging source.
I agree. Phase World book page 142 says 3G E-clips are not directly compatible with Rifts equipment and need to be altered slightly which adds 150 cr to the price of the 3G E-clip bring the E-clip’s total price to 400 cr.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Grazzik wrote:Naruni energy weapons and force fields sold on Earth have been modified to fit standard eclip sizes. (Mercenaries pg 123-125)

I doubt connectors are available on Earth for NE eclips, though custom items could be made or connectors dimensionally imported.

though the weapons that use them usually state that they aren't available for sale on rifts earth yet (see the NE-50 on pg123, and the NE-1000 on pg 124.) they were apparently mainly used by the sales reps. (though Robot Control probably falls under that category.)

Mlp7029 wrote:
NMI wrote:An Operator could also build something to convert/connect the Naruni clip to a rechardging source.
I agree. Phase World book page 142 says 3G E-clips are not directly compatible with Rifts equipment and need to be altered slightly which adds 150 cr to the price of the 3G E-clip bring the E-clip’s total price to 400 cr.

note that the 3g's clip is in 3g's credits, the UTC, which is worth more than rifts credits.. per WB2, pg53, a rifts credit trades at 1 UTC for every 10 rifts credits, but they sell rifts credits at 5 Rifts credits per UTC.

so that 3G's eclip would cost a rifts character about 10x more.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”