Karmic Power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Karmic Power

Unread post by Carmen »

I still have my copy of Justice Machine and it was Talisman that had the Karmic power not Demon. :lol:
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I don't have it work all the time.

The power makes a note of when it works, an I don't see why such an extremely potent ability should be so ever functioning.

That said, it's hard to find a time when it shouldn't be working.

Essentially, when heroes with this power are using words such as 'ends justifies the means' or 'I don't like to do this but I have no other choice' is a good time to start presuming that he is not acting directly in the interests of his alignment's stictures, and therfore shouldn't be working. Another good check phrase is 'you gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelette'

Also, for those with a spiritual bent, I've had it stop working on a player when he *thought* he was doing a good deed, but in fact was deluded, mistaken or being decieved.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Ogrr wrote:how do ya'll see Karmic Power workin, is it on all the time, or is it only in "Realy Realy" just causes and dire straights? In our group it's mostly a full time/ part time thing, it wont help ya win the lottery, but as long as you keep on the path of good an groovy, it is pretty much on all o the time.

As long as the character with the power is being a good boy or girl, the power is always in effect for that character. However it only affects others as long as the user can concentrate on using it.

the drunken werebear wrote:as i have always understood it remains active all the time

but one question what about mystically betowed or any character that has to change forms for that matter is it on all the time or only in superhero forms

All Mystically Bestowed powers and bonuses only exist when the character is transformed into a superhero. The same goes for those with the experiment or mega-hero side effects of "must transform to use powers." The rest of the time the character is a mere mortal, unless he has additional powers and bonuses independent from the transformation (from alien physiology, etc.).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

the drunken werebear wrote:so that means that while mere mortal i can do all the dastardly stuff i was never able to do as a superhero and never get the bad karma so long as when i chcnge forms i am a do gooder again

No, karma is an omnipresent cosmic force that doesn't care whether you have a superpower related to it or not. Do bad things and you will pay for it when you transform. Furthermore, in the case of a Mystic Bestowed hero you can be sure the being that bestowed the powers is watching you and will be very ticked off...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”