On weird thing of HU(palladium in general really)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Baron of chaos
Champion

On weird thing of HU(palladium in general really)

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Technically you canot have an actor type character that has not been either a spy or criminal or elòite soldier.
Man "Fame" in palladium universe is much grittier show that in ours
I ssomethign that i noticed now, rekindling my passion for the Palladium books(In the end I always come back to my first love).
Is nearly impossible getting Impersonation or Disguise if you are not getting some sort of military/espionage training.
only exception is Beyond the supernatural that has the best "moder" setting skill system so far. But is the only one.
Is quite weird, just syaing that.
Am I the only one noticed it?
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: On weird thing of HU(palladium in general really)

Unread post by Kraynic »

Fantasy has the Bard/Minstrel/Actor to cover that, but I think you might be right in the other settings.
syntheticlife4m
D-Bee

Unread post by syntheticlife4m »

Independent Skill Program, which was brought up I think in a Rifter. You can choose any 4 skills except Modern Weapon Proficiencies and Advanced Piloting. Only downside due to the variety of skills normally inaccessible is you may lose your education bonus, it's split up between all four, as you decide, between the four skills and has a max. bonus of +20% cap (so Doctorate's would lose 10% of their normal bonuses)
fb.com/thepalladiummegaverse
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Hmm that must be one Rifter I missed.
In any case I found in Splicer one good option, as it does use Skill Programs, and undercover skill program could as well be Actor skill program, expecially if you get Seduction instead of surveillance and replace prowl with public speaking or performance.
Now there is always the main issue that not all skills are available every setting and book.
On side note I do not know much about Dead Reign. I heard is a variant of Beyond the Supernatural 2e when it comes to skills. But I have not checked since Zombies are not my things.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rifted #25 also has a Basic: Acting and Cinematography Skill Program. It also has the Independent Studies program.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:Rifted #25 also has a Basic: Acting and Cinematography Skill Program.
What other skills does it have? I might have to get it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:Rifted #25 also has a Basic: Acting and Cinematography Skill Program.

It has a range of expanded Military skill packages including K-9 corps, Combat Engineering, Field Medic, Special Forces, Naval. Artillery Gunner, and Astronaut/Cosmonaut/Taikonaut. Civilian skill programs include the aforementioned Acting, as well as Cowboy, Extreme Sportsman. Independent Study, Bounty Hunter, Paarmedic, and Veterinary Medicine among others.
New skills include W.P. Bola. Civil Engineering, and a slew of specific vehicle piloting skills.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

It has a range of expanded Military skill packages including K-9 corps, Combat Engineering, Field Medic, Special Forces, Naval. Artillery Gunner, and Astronaut/Cosmonaut/Taikonaut. Civilian skill programs include the aforementioned Acting, as well as Cowboy, Extreme Sportsman. Independent Study, Bounty Hunter, Paarmedic, and Veterinary Medicine among others.
New skills include W.P. Bola. Civil Engineering, and a slew of specific vehicle piloting skills.
I looked for it and found a digital copy I plan to get from DriveThruRPG. They had a physical copy on Amazon but want $75 for it used.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I looked for it and found a digital copy I plan to get from DriveThruRPG. They had a physical copy on Amazon but want $75 for it used.

Just downloade my copy from Drivethru, and it was well worth. Is one of those little gem of Rifter that one can miss, The skill package, expecially the military ones, are more tailored for N&S who has its innate issue of "well, seem my character has ALL the SKILLS IN THE BOOK!"" <justified since the genre itself is filled of insanely skilled characters> but they are very good(lack of skill programs in HU is kind of opposite issue). But is minor thing really(honestly once you realize that N&S skill program are equal to 2 Hu/Splicer skill program thing are easier)
Also cool new P.C.C. I never knew existed!(or i have forgotten..I'm getting old...)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The Baron of chaos wrote:Just downloade my copy from Drivethru, and it was well worth. Is one of those little gem of Rifter that one can miss, The skill package, expecially the military ones, are more tailored for N&S who has its innate issue of "well, seem my character has ALL the SKILLS IN THE BOOK!"" <justified since the genre itself is filled of insanely skilled characters> but they are very good(lack of skill programs in HU is kind of opposite issue). But is minor thing really(honestly once you realize that N&S skill program are equal to 2 Hu/Splicer skill program thing are easier)
Also cool new P.C.C. I never knew existed!(or i have forgotten..I'm getting old...)
I'm just waiting for the first of the month when I'll have money to get it.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”