Longest Gaming Session

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Longest Gaming Session

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

84 hours started at six on a Thursday and ended some time around midnight on Monday. IIRC we went paintballing the morning of Tuesday. June 1992 making me 18 and Rifts 2 years old... we were playing Rifts in my still running Rifts campaign.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

15 hours of battletech.
We called it a draw after that a we still had 2/3rds of our forces on the map because of the amount of maneuvering and usage of cover we had performed.
20 years old.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Zer0 Kay wrote:84 hours started at six on a Thursday and ended some time around midnight on Monday. IIRC we went paintballing the morning of Tuesday. June 1992 making me 18 and Rifts 2 years old... we were playing Rifts in my still running Rifts campaign.

84 hours is an impressive mark!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

zyanitevp wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:84 hours started at six on a Thursday and ended some time around midnight on Monday. IIRC we went paintballing the morning of Tuesday. June 1992 making me 18 and Rifts 2 years old... we were playing Rifts in my still running Rifts campaign.

84 hours is an impressive mark!

Not straight through thoug. I thing longest straight was at the same time and it would have been 20 hours... before we started getting stupid from sleep deprivation.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
kennethk
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by kennethk »

Back in my teens, we did Robotech for 72 straight hours. Back in the day of Jolt Cola.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

My old hometown group use to routinely game for up to 12 hours at a time and could go for up to 20 plus hours over a weekend or during a school break.

The longest single sitting game I believe we played was in July of 1993 when we did the fight against the Four Horsemen.

The final battle, hunting and then killing the last 3 of 4, was about 16 hours but some of the players played three or four games before that (doing the gathering of heroes, infiltrating the Phoenix Empire, and killing off followers and supporters of the Four) which added another 20 hours of gaming in about five days.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Vincent Takeda
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: 44 years in denver, but now in grand rapids.

Unread post by Vincent Takeda »

I've been running in a session of r/outside since 1974. Unfortunately the gm assigned us premade characters and I was assigned 'filthy prole'... Its been pretty grimdark for most of the session.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

I think about 16 hours straight thru to end a Rifts game, ended about 6 in the morning with half the players asleep. To this day I can't remember what we actually fought and what we dreamed, but we won...I think
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

(not counting bathroom breaks, smoke/food breaks, cell calls, ect.)
Typical time; up to 3 hours, depending on who's house you're gaming at & what weeknight you do.
Extended or 'Booked' time; + 2 hours. By 'Booked' time I mean scheduled time either at home or by arrangement of your FLGS/FLCS. One I used to go to would put up the various booked times on a dry-erase board for all to see. The gaming area was a remodeled storage room.
Convention Game time can be up to 6 hours, depending on availability of the game room or area.
Cons like my own homegrown, ICON, used to be on the SUNY campus of Stony Brook, and during the convention game-rooms would be assigned to those who booked game time for the convention (panels, speaking engagements, videos & anime were booked to the larger classrooms that had a/v set-ups). Most simple or easy-to-play tabletop games (board games, miniatures, dice, ect) were set up in a larger 'common room' with extra tables so several games could go on at once. Such would happen for up to 12 hours, until the con would shut down for the night.
Last edited by BookWyrm on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The longest game session was on a deployment where most the people where not on mission the next day and the GM, and 1 player had staff duty. Other than breaks for patrols and bathroom breaks we played for 27 hours straight.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
ankitgill
Newb

Unread post by ankitgill »

We know you’re looking for more interesting ways to engage with Refereum and earn points during the Season, so we’re going to roll out more quests. You may have even participated in some of our tests last season like the Spider-Man and cube quests. We will be rolling our more unique quests like these this season to make things a bit more interesting. best alternative app
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Back in the day:
10 - 12 hours
Rifts

Part way through my gaming career:
8- 10 hours
Rifts
Mid 20's

Current Group:
7 - 8 hours
Rifts

With our current group we did a marathon game on my daughter's birthday, we gamed about 14-16 hours.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

The longest gaming session I've ever been a part of lasted about 9 days (with breaks for sleeping and eating). We were freshman/sophmores in college during Christmas break and we were playing D&D 3.5/Pathfinder. We were marathoning our way through the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path by Paizo, with a side adventure delving into the Temple of Elemental Evil.

I wish my group and I still had that kind of stamina. We stretched from about 8 am to 12 am every day that break. Good times :-P
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Jack Burton wrote:3 questions....

How long was your longest gaming session?
What game were you playing?
How old were you?

Me:
10 hours
Heroes Unlimited Revised
15 years old

If sleeping is counted I was paid 300 dollars to dm for a week (2nd ed d&d), and only made it to the fifth day (its surprisingly tiring).
18 or so in age
If sleep isn't counted We used to play regularly from about midday Saturday to 9am sunday, and that was for about 2 years when I was around 23/24 (this was palladium and part of it was doing isle at edge of world)

These days I struggle to make midnight

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”