TMNT Book Collection

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

TMNT Book Collection

Unread post by Jack Burton »

My son loves the Ninja Turtles, so I thought I'd get all the books since he's getting almost old enough to play TMNT. After assembling these from Palladium, eBay and Amazon, I think I've got everything, but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone see something missing here?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures!
After the Bomb (TMNT supplement, not the stand-alone RPG)
Road Hogs
Guide to the Universe
Transdimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Game Shield
Truckin' Turtles
Turtles Go Hollywood
Mutants Down Under
Mutants of the Yucatan (After the Bomb Book Four)
Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb Book Five)
Mutants in Orbit

The only book I don't have is the stand-alone After the Bomb RPG, which I'm unsure I need or even want, given the fact that I already have the TMNT core book. I'm a little confused because Yucatan and Avalon say on their covers Book Four and Book Five, respectively. No other books say One, Two or Three. Does anyone know what books One, Two and Three are? Am I missing anything? Thanks!

EDIT
***I just discovered what books One, Two, Three and Six are. They're referenced by number on their descriptions on the PB website, but on their covers, they don't say their "number." Weird, but whatever. It seems I have 2-6. Book One is the After the Bomb stand-alone RPG, which I mentioned earlier that I don't have.***
Todd Freyburger
D-Bee

Re: TMNT Book Collection

Unread post by Todd Freyburger »

The stand alone After the Bomb give you expanded options for your mutations. It has advantages and disadvantage plus more animal psionic powers.

You may have seen some of these option in the new animals that people have posted on the forums.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

The Standalone After The Bomb is completely different from the After the Bomb supplement as I'm sure you're aware. It will be useful (imho) to scour the forums for a version converter from TMNTOS to TMNTOSr. The skill system is different. I mention this because some of the copies of the supplements I have (Road Hogs, Yucatan, Down Under) have the old system of skill choice, while some have both old and new.

EDIT** BTW You win RPG Dad of the Year for assembling this collection for your kid. Good job sir
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thanks! I don't understand what you mean about the conversion. Something changed from what to what?
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Jack Burton wrote:Thanks! I don't understand what you mean about the conversion. Something changed from what to what?

Ah sorry about that. The way skills were listed/categorized between TMNTOS and TMNTOSr(evised) changed. The old system of skills had them broken down into groups such as High School skills, Trade Skills, and College skills (I think. my terminology is a little rusty). The new system in the revised edition sorted them into skill programs and secondary skills.

For example Education background A would have given you 10 HS skills, 4 Trade Skills, and 2 College skills under the OLD System

In the NEW system Education background A changed it up and gave you 2 skill programs and 12 Secondary skills.

I know there is a thread that outlines the difference somewhere. I'll see if I can't find it for you

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:Thanks! I don't understand what you mean about the conversion. Something changed from what to what?

Ah sorry about that. The way skills were listed/categorized between TMNTOS and TMNTOSr(evised) changed. The old system of skills had them broken down into groups such as High School skills, Trade Skills, and College skills (I think. my terminology is a little rusty). The new system in the revised edition sorted them into skill programs and secondary skills.

For example Education background A would have given you 10 HS skills, 4 Trade Skills, and 2 College skills under the OLD System

In the NEW system Education background A changed it up and gave you 2 skill programs and 12 Secondary skills.

I know there is a thread that outlines the difference somewhere. I'll see if I can't find it for you

Ah, gotcha. I'm familiar with the revised skill process. Thanks for the tip!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Here is the link for the thread I mentioned earlier. Percentages aren't listed, but I think they can be extrapolated from the other books to be close enough

College and High School skills, which are they?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Here is the link for the thread I mentioned earlier. Percentages aren't listed, but I think they can be extrapolated from the other books to be close enough

This one should help also. It has the percentages listed. I linked the post directly, but the whole thread is worth reading

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19588&hilit=old+system#p1751950

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Here is the link for the thread I mentioned earlier. Percentages aren't listed, but I think they can be extrapolated from the other books to be close enough

This one should help also. It has the percentages listed. I linked the post directly, but the whole thread is worth reading

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19588&hilit=old+system#p1751950

That's perfect. Thanks again!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

There is also 1 other thing that changed from most PB 1e to 2e... Spd used to give a bonus to dodge.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Zer0 Kay wrote:There is also 1 other thing that changed from most PB 1e to 2e... Spd used to give a bonus to dodge.

In the TMNT&OS revised edition it still does.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:There is also 1 other thing that changed from most PB 1e to 2e... Spd used to give a bonus to dodge.

:) Well I guess that wasn't revised.

I know my N&S has it but my N&S revised does not... unfortunately that exact page in my N&S was loose and at first I thought it was perfect for character creation... till I lost it. Thanks though that reminds me I can get the same info from my TMNT book and even my, or rather especially from my TMNT transdimensional book
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:

I know my N&S has it but my N&S revised does not... unfortunately that exact page in my N&S was loose and at first I thought it was perfect for character creation... till I lost it. Thanks though that reminds me I can get the same info from my TMNT book and even my, or rather especially from my TMNT transdimensional book

So TMNT is the only game that gives a dodge bonus for speed?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

So TMNT is the only game that gives a dodge bonus for speed?

Is now since it was never updated to current rule sets. IIRC it started being phased out with Robotech
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Oh, oh. When you submit to the Rifter you should do it in sections. BTW... how are you dividing the... book? I'd suggest by which ever game has the most granular division of Weapon Proficiencies and then "zooming" back out to the games that have more generic WPs. I think N&S has the lowest level division of firearms while Rifts may be one of the more basic the "modern" WP are expanded with energy weapons.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

If you really want to complete the collection...

Look for some 1st edition misprints with "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness" spelled incorrectly as "...& Other Strangness" and the books with the banned psychosis tables (but depending on the age/maturity you should review them first).

And there are a couple of Gateway magazine articles that had some TMNT stuff in them too.

I'd have to go look at my collection. I still have my first TMNT&OS back when it was originally released in the '80s...
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:Oh, oh. When you submit to the Rifter you should do it in sections. BTW... how are you dividing the... book? I'd suggest by which ever game has the most granular division of Weapon Proficiencies and then "zooming" back out to the games that have more generic WPs. I think N&S has the lowest level division of firearms while Rifts may be one of the more basic the "modern" WP are expanded with energy weapons.

Hadn't given it much thought yet. Currently, I have pistols and rifles separated by caliber. Shotguns, submachine guns and grenade launchers are mixed, caliber-wise. Within each category, they're separated alphabetically by manufacturer. I've yet to add machine guns, hand grenades, rocket launchers or energy weapons.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

gordyzx9r wrote:If you really want to complete the collection...

Look for some 1st edition misprints with "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness" spelled incorrectly as "...& Other Strangness" and the books with the banned psychosis tables (but depending on the age/maturity you should review them first).

And there are a couple of Gateway magazine articles that had some TMNT stuff in them too.

I'd have to go look at my collection. I still have my first TMNT&OS back when it was originally released in the '80s...

I am curious as to these Gateway magazine articles (Or any palladium material in any periodical for that matter) myself.
I am a major collector and try to get everything I can. If you wouldn't mind sharing (either here or in a PM) please?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
gordyzx9r
Hero

eliakon wrote:
gordyzx9r wrote:If you really want to complete the collection...

I am curious as to these Gateway magazine articles (Or any palladium material in any periodical for that matter) myself.
I am a major collector and try to get everything I can. If you wouldn't mind sharing (either here or in a PM) please?

SpaceGamer #79 Aug/Sept 1987 has an adventure called Silicone Solution that can be used for TMNT or for AtB.

Gateways #1, #2 and #11 have some discussions/reviews about TMNT & OS. #11 focuses on Transdimensional TMNT. There is also one (and I can't recall which number) with a character called Badger for use with either HU or Villains & Vigilantes. I don't have the Gateways for the one with Badger, but I have the PDF of the article itself.

The Magic of Palladium Books 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8 has articles. #1 discusses Mutants down Under, #3 is an adventure. #4 gives advice to GMs for use with TMNT, and 7/8 are rules clarifications Q&A with Wujick.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Jack Burton wrote:My son loves the Ninja Turtles, so I thought I'd get all the books since he's getting almost old enough to play TMNT. After assembling these from Palladium, eBay and Amazon, I think I've got everything, but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone see something missing here?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures!
After the Bomb (TMNT supplement, not the stand-alone RPG)
Road Hogs
Guide to the Universe
Transdimensional Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Game Shield
Truckin' Turtles
Turtles Go Hollywood
Mutants Down Under
Mutants of the Yucatan (After the Bomb Book Four)
Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb Book Five)
Mutants in Orbit

The only book I don't have is the stand-alone After the Bomb RPG, which I'm unsure I need or even want, given the fact that I already have the TMNT core book. I'm a little confused because Yucatan and Avalon say on their covers Book Four and Book Five, respectively. No other books say One, Two or Three. Does anyone know what books One, Two and Three are? Am I missing anything? Thanks!

EDIT
***I just discovered what books One, Two, Three and Six are. They're referenced by number on their descriptions on the PB website, but on their covers, they don't say their "number." Weird, but whatever. It seems I have 2-6. Book One is the After the Bomb stand-alone RPG, which I mentioned earlier that I don't have.***

Only one I see that you're missing is Adventures in the Yucatan. It's just a cheap book like the Rifts Adventure Book, but for MofY.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Is it different than "Mutants in the Yucatan?"
The Beast

Yes. It's a bunch of adventures set in that area.
gordyzx9r
Hero

The Beast wrote:Yes. It's a bunch of adventures set in that area.

It came with the AtB Game Shield.
CMDrunk
D-Bee

Unread post by CMDrunk »

Polyhedron issue #45 Jan. 1989 has an article by Erick Wujick abo for TMNTut a group of rodents called Sewer Rats
gordyzx9r
Hero

CMDrunk wrote:Polyhedron issue #45 Jan. 1989 has an article by Erick Wujick abo for TMNTut a group of rodents called Sewer Rats

Awesome, thanks...found it on PDF pretty easy too.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

What is Mutants in Xanadu? Someone said it was online, so I checked DrivethruRPG and it's not there. Palladium also doesn't sell it. A Google search shows it on Scribd. Is it an official book?
The Beast

Never heard of it.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

never heard of it either. presumably if it does exist, it's asian animals?
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Neither had I. A quick search of the internet will garner you a pdf. It's completely fan made. All 169 pages worth. And yes, it's set in Asia. Introduces mythical animals, and a shamanistic magic system. Not official PB.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I have a copy of Mutants in Xanadu. As stated above it is completely fan made. I like it. It has a sort of Mutants in Avalon meets Mystic China vibe to it. Some of the mythological creatures are a bit freaky but still worth a download.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

CMDrunk
D-Bee

Unread post by CMDrunk »

The Space Gamer #79 has an adventure involving robotic mutant animals (I think)
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Jack

I have that TMNT Space Gamer #79 with the TMNT adventure in it.
If you want it (free) text me.

Dan

EDIT. MAILED TO JACK
Dan Frederick

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”