Nightbane Spell Error

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Nightbane Spell Error

Unread post by The Beast »

The spell Impression on page 131 of the main book has a PPE listing of 5. The alphabetical list says it's 4. Which is it? (I'm going with 5 for my spreadsheet, but I would like an official answer.)
The Beast

Re: Nightbane Spell Error

The Charm Weapon spell does the same thing, 12 in the description, but 15 in the listing.
The Beast

Same with Invisibility: Superior.

EDIT: And Sickness.

EDIT 2: Curse: Temporary Insanity has no PPE listing in the alphabetical listing.

EDIT 3: Create Magic Scroll has the two different PPE amounts as well.

EDIT 4: As does Metamorph: Mist.
The Beast

Summon Entity is listed in the alphabetical listing, but is not in the book. Is this like the Summon & Control Entity spell in the Rifts Book of Magic, or is control not a part of this spell?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Good catches all. Have you tried seeing if it has been mentioned in the Errata for the books?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Beast

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Good catches all. Have you tried seeing if it has been mentioned in the Errata for the books?

I have, and they are not. At least not in the errata version I have. It's possible Palladium updated it since I downloaded it, but given what I found in my 6th printing of HU2 I doubt it was.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I have found that a lot of Palladium books have errors. You would think that they might hire someone to maybe proofread their stuff.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

The Beast wrote:Same with Invisibility: Superior.

EDIT: And Sickness.

EDIT 2: Curse: Temporary Insanity has no PPE listing in the alphabetical listing.

EDIT 3: Create Magic Scroll has the two different PPE amounts as well.

EDIT 4: As does Metamorph: Mist.

I'll try to remember to handle these in a Q&A section... perhaps for the Nocturnes sourcebook.

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I have found that a lot of Palladium books have errors. You would think that they might hire someone to maybe proofread their stuff.

I know that was probably intended with a fair amount of snark, but have you ever edited a large book? If not, let me tell you that it's not as easy as what you might think. I'm pretty anal about hunting errors in my work and some still slip through. Then you factor in all the numerical values, cut and paste from other sources, etc. Not to say that it couldn't be done better (though that would almost assuredly slow production down even further), but even between me, a handful of volunteer proofreaders, and the staff at Palladium, I know minor mistakes have made it past all of us into print. It's just the nature of the beast.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

On the various PPE costs I suspect one of the issues is that there are often multiple 'versions' of spells with the same name (thus several different 'versions' or 'flavors' of Golem, or Create Scroll, or Anti-Magic Cloud, or Shadow Meld et multiple cetera)
What this means is that sometimes I suspect they start with version A, change it to version B in the final draft and forget to change the index list.

And of course since Palladium doesn't have any sort of qualifier for these spells you can get a lot of confusion, especially when you go to other systems to bring in more spells...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I think we need to turn this into a numbered list of Qs so we can get a numbered list of official As which could lead to an amendment PDF similar as to what RUE got.

Return to “Nightbane®”