Goblin kobold and Ork weapons

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hell knight
Explorer

Goblin kobold and Ork weapons

Unread post by Hell knight »

My brother came back from over seas and wanted to do a lord of the rings marathon , as i watched it i wondered What would goblin kobold and ork weapons look like in PF any idea .
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Goblin kobold and Ork weapons

Unread post by kiralon »

Kobold weapons can be works of art, but unlike middle earth most palladium orks aren't that great in a forge, same with goblins, except maybe the ork nation where the orks are wolfen barbarians in disguise. Their weapons would be ok.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If I was to be making a rule about these I might write up a chance for breakage for G&O produced weapons. And maybe a bluntness damage reduction for blades.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hell knight
Explorer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If I was to be making a rule about these I might write up a chance for breakage for G&O produced weapons. And maybe a bluntness damage reduction for blades.

Ah very kool and yeh can see it.
Hell knight
Explorer

kiralon wrote:Kobold weapons can be works of art, but unlike middle earth most palladium orks aren't that great in a forge, same with goblins, except maybe the ork nation where the orks are wolfen barbarians in disguise. Their weapons would be ok.

My thought as well.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Actually in middle earth orcs were not very good at weapon making. At least those under sauron or living in their own kingdoms.*
I'll admit the urukhai are what tend to stick into peoples minds though, and they did have well crafted weapons and armor. But that was due to being created and led by an Istari and his use of non-orcs as craftsmen.

*remember that in Tolkien's works orc and goblin are just two terms from different languages to describe the same race, so the goblins of the misty mountains and those of moria need to be factored in as well as those of mordor.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

glitterboy2098 wrote:Actually in middle earth orcs were not very good at weapon making. At least those under sauron or living in their own kingdoms.*
I'll admit the urukhai are what tend to stick into peoples minds though, and they did have well crafted weapons and armor. But that was due to being created and led by an Istari and his use of non-orcs as craftsmen.

*remember that in Tolkien's works orc and goblin are just two terms from different languages to describe the same race, so the goblins of the misty mountains and those of moria need to be factored in as well as those of mordor.

Goblin/Orc crafting from the Hobbit:
There in the shadows on a large flat stone sat a tremendous goblin with a huge head, and armed goblins were standing round him carrying the axes and the bent swords that they use. Now goblins are cruel, wicked, and bad-hearted. They make no beautiful things, but they make many clever ones. They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble, though they are usually untidy and dirty. Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light. It is not unlikely that they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them, and also not working with their own hands more than they could help; but in those days and those wild parts they had not advanced (as it is called) so far.

Orcs were lazy, they could make weapons but preferred not to, They mostly weren't as good as the dwarves or elves, but neither were humans which they were about on par with.
The Orc Craft rings in Gundabad were very skilled and could make awesome weapons. Look up Thrakurghash if you want to see one of the pinnacles of orc craftsmenship (a gigantic scimitar, nearly 5' in length, forged of volcanic black laen. Its hilt is wrapped in red dragonskin, and the pommel is a mithril dragon's claw tipped with a ruby. The scimitar was created by the most renowned weaponsmiths of Mount Gundabad for the Ashdurbuk during the Second Age and enchanted by mages dispatched from Mordor. Thrakurghash's laen blade, which never requires sharpening, is +25 to hit (effectively +5 to strike, parry and damage)
Hell knight
Explorer

kiralon wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:Actually in middle earth orcs were not very good at weapon making. At least those under sauron or living in their own kingdoms.*

Goblin/Orc crafting from the Hobbit:
There in the shadows on a large flat stone sat a tremendous goblin with a huge head, and armed goblins were standing round him carrying the axes and the bent swords that they use. Now goblins are cruel, wicked, and bad-hearted. They make no beautiful things, but they make many clever ones. They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble, though they are usually untidy and dirty. Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light. It is not unlikely that they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them, and also not working with their own hands more than they could help; but in those days and those wild parts they had not advanced (as it is called) so far.

Orcs were lazy, they could make weapons but preferred not to, They mostly weren't as good as the dwarves or elves, but neither were humans which they were about on par with.
The Orc Craft rings in Gundabad were very skilled and could make awesome weapons. Look up Thrakurghash if you want to see one of the pinnacles of orc craftsmenship (a gigantic scimitar, nearly 5' in length, forged of volcanic black laen. Its hilt is wrapped in red dragonskin, and the pommel is a mithril dragon's claw tipped with a ruby. The scimitar was created by the most renowned weaponsmiths of Mount Gundabad for the Ashdurbuk during the Second Age and enchanted by mages dispatched from Mordor. Thrakurghash's laen blade, which never requires sharpening, is +25 to hit (effectively +5 to strike, parry and damage)

That last bit is kool .

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”