MadDog's Skill Book

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

MadDog's Skill Book

Unread post by mellowmaveric »

I don't know if it's verboten, but I obtained a copy of his 6.5 version and converted it to a Word 2013 Doc and I'm working on cleaning it up and updating it. I plan on doing a few pages a day just for cleaning it up and then I'll try to maintain going through a book or two a day of what I have for updating the skill list. I will post a link to the updated document as soon as I finish cleaning it up.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: MadDog's Skill Book

Unread post by The Beast »

That is good to know.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I am very excited to see the updated version. personally I like the 6.0 version better than 6.5. please keep us updated of your progress.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

After going through this for a bit, I'm realizing that some of the text didn't copy over to the right column. I will have to edit and figure out where this goes as I'm working on this. (Banging head against my desk.)

I'm not good with the legal speak and acknowledgements if someone could either point me in the right direction of send me an update for it, that would be great.

If anyone is willing/able to send me an updated list of skills by book with text, I could plug those in after I have finished with the editing. That would make this go a lot faster with that help.

I hope if I keep plugging away with this, I should have the editing of the current product finished before Halloween.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have or suggestions. I plan to have the final product saved as a .docx so any editing and/or updating can be done easily. Locking it, seems pointless to me. I'm currently working with Word 2013 for it.

I will "try" to work on it this coming weekend. "Try" being the operative word as I'm doing 2 panels on the Megaverse at our local anime convention and I will have fun walking around in the interim. If you're in Reno, please stop by.

www.snafucon.com
mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

It's been condensed down to 88 pages during the conversion. I'm messing around with the font size a bit. I am working on page 42 right now and most of the way through the physical skills. Does anyone have any questions? I've noticed I've garnered a bit of attention from the number of views.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Yes, I have a question. Will the skills be "normalized" across the different printings? For example if the Acrobatics skill in Palladium Fantasy is slightly different than the one in Heroes Unlimited will a new adjusted for differences version be shown or will you be picking one or the other?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Beast

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Yes, I have a question. Will the skills be "normalized" across the different printings? For example if the Acrobatics skill in Palladium Fantasy is slightly different than the one in Heroes Unlimited will a new adjusted for differences version be shown or will you be picking one or the other?

Or will you be including what the percentages are for every setting?
The Beast

Oh, and something else I just thought of. Over the years several skills were moved from one category to another. Will you be using the most up-to-date- versions of those skills, or including both versions?
mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

I plan on getting it as up to date as possible.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

i found that 6.5 thing somewhere online just recently as at least a base list to go from since it's been helpful but then had to check other books for certain ones (like prowl getting +8% per level instead of 5% i think)
is this done? or being worked on still? (i've wrote out the skill lists a few times on paper over the years to try and have them all in one place, but i wish i had wrote the books they came from sometimes since i never included the description of them)
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
Ambrosius
D-Bee

Unread post by Ambrosius »

PSI-Lence wrote:i found that 6.5 thing somewhere online just recently as at least a base list to go from since it's been helpful but then had to check other books for certain ones (like prowl getting +8% per level instead of 5% i think)
is this done? or being worked on still? (i've wrote out the skill lists a few times on paper over the years to try and have them all in one place, but i wish i had wrote the books they came from sometimes since i never included the description of them)

I have one of the older editions and I really wish it had references to the original sources. I can gather that some of the skills are from Rifts or PF or NS, but some I can't tell at all and I think it'd be fair to the GM to know where they came from.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”