How safe is the surrounding area?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MadisonRose
D-Bee

How safe is the surrounding area?

Unread post by MadisonRose »

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this,

I'm planning to fly out from California with my boyfriend and attend the Palladium Open House, I've never left the west coast before so I'm a little scared! Is the airport and area we will be staying at safe? Please let me know!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: How safe is the surrounding area?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I have been to 4 of the previous Open Houses, the last 3 at the current PB offices and staying at the hotel that is near the Red Roof Inn. I have never had any problems. I mean it goes without saying you want to be cautious with your belongings in the room and in your car but as long as you stay were people are I believe it's as safe as any place I was in California this summer.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Same. Been to the last 3 and no problems. Just use your head a little and you should be fine. I don't think anyone has had any problems at all for any of these Open Houses. Though I could be wrong and just not heard of it. I can say with almost 100% certain, that nothing has happen in those last 3 at least.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I never had any problems and I walked from the Hotel to the Warehouse a few times

There is nothing to worry about
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Where in California are you from?

I live in LA (and I am ex-NYC) so I found the Detroit suburbs to be very mellow. The ride from the airport to the hotel to the warehouse was easy and pleasant and I never felt uncomfortable. But I had GPS in the rental car and I had Yelped my take-out and delivery food options in advance.

The POH hotels are 3 star. AKA, okay business motels with good free breakfasts. Nothing fancy, nothing creepy.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I also am from California, and there is no issue where you are going- and Spinachcat nails the situation perfectly, as do the others...
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Brit whos been 3 times before. Its a normal level for caution as anywhere - Ive never seen ANY trouble at all and we always stay for 5-6 days and go to downtown detroit, bars, baseball game (recommended) etc. taxi's are no issue. We've walked a few main streets no issues. Great place.

Once you're at the POH you really dont wanna leave though so you see little of the delights Detroit has to offer....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”