Cartoons and animes that inspires your games...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Cartoons and animes that inspires your games...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

What cartoons and animes have inspired your games?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Cartoons and animes that inspires your games...

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Pokemon has been worked into my games a couple times.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

If you mean specific to PF, I think Slayers and Words Worth, zero no tsukaima, akazukin chacha and densetsu no yuusha densetsu all have interesting material to offer.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have drawn inspiration from different anime shows. Namely Macross, Macross Frontier, and second-handedly Gundam Stardust Memory.
But since they were for rifts and NB chars I will not detail them here.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
smkeyes
Wanderer

Unread post by smkeyes »

The best one in my opinion to draw from is the record of the lodoss war for a palladium fantasy campaign
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I've been thinking of working out a game or campaign inspired by the anime Gate. It's almost like a fantasy world version of Rifts, but with a very different explanation behind it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Glistam wrote:I've been thinking of working out a game or campaign inspired by the anime Gate. It's almost like a fantasy world version of Rifts, but with a very different explanation behind it.

and they even have the standard pc reaction when seeing a dragon. Rocket launcher time lol.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

kiralon wrote:
Glistam wrote:I've been thinking of working out a game or campaign inspired by the anime Gate. It's almost like a fantasy world version of Rifts, but with a very different explanation behind it.

and they even have the standard pc reaction when seeing a dragon. Rocket launcher time lol.

I'm very interested in the potential story of what those modern soldiers will do if/when they become stranded in that fantasy world and they can no longer just get resupplied from the modern world with ammo, fuel, and gear whenever they run low. That's the story I want to see told.

Spoiler:
It was super cool to watch them send jet fighters after dragon hatchlings and dispatch them unceremoniously (and to the utter shock and despair of the priestess who had trained them to be her ultimate trump card), but jet fuel and missiles are very finite resources that would not be able to be reproduced once the gate finally closes. All that modern tech would become scrap, and they'd have to quickly figure out how to begin production of their own tech. While it could still be high tech compared to the kingdoms around them, they'd be taking their technology level down several notches and introducing the knowledge of how to create these items into a world that desperately wants that knowledge. It would never be the same again.

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Anime like .hack//SIGN, Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, and Overlord have me also considering making a story arc in an upcoming Heroes Unlimited game where the characters have to go into a popular VR-MMORPG in order to accomplish some goal. This "game world" would basically be Palladium Fantasy and the players would have new characters and abilities to explore in that "game." It seems like it could be a fun diversion for a game or two, but I need to flesh it out a bit more before I run with it.

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Glistam wrote:
kiralon wrote:

I'm very interested in the potential story of what those modern soldiers will do if/when they become stranded in that fantasy world and they can no longer just get resupplied from the modern world with ammo, fuel, and gear whenever they run low. That's the story I want to see told.

If they are Ninjas and superspies soldiers then I think burt said it best
Burt from Tremors wrote:"Well, when the radios went down I decided to return to the refinery, but en route, I find I'M IN AN AMBUSH SITUATION! Must have been a couple dozen of these things! Well, I dropped the first wave with semi-auto fire, but they just kept on coming. Sheer luck most of them were in front of the truck, so I just popped it into six-wheel and ran 'em down. The ones that got on board I handled with a combination of small-arms fire and hand-to-hand techniques. [pulls out two pistols] I am completely. Out. Of ammo. [Beat] That's never happened to me before."

They then proceed to use their (was then as second ed was only just out and didn't have enough add on books to make it worth playing) superior hand to hand techniques to beat the crap out anybody who didn't speak their language, which was everybody. They eventually get captured by wolfen and sentenced to work in the mines for killing lots of people, they then bide their time, break free, make their way back to human territory until they find a priest who can talk in tongues, then head into a big town and trade some of their know how for amulets of tongues and the set down into the serious business of making guns and ammo for the humans, then get assassinated for polluting the palladium time stream with futuristic weapons.
:lol:
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

thundarr the barbarian :)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I like Anime,s Slayer,Fairy tail and the Cartoons Thunderr the Barbarian.

I make a number of islands around palladium,so I can add lands to explore.
pblackcrow
Champion

For myself cartoons include: Ducktales, Thundarr, ThunderCats (Both), Gargoyles, He-Man (ALL 3), She-Ra, Batman the animated series, Peter Pan and the Pirates, Visionaries, Defenders of the Earth, Prince Valiant, Dave the Barbarian, Swamp Thing, Toxic Crusaders, King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, American Dragon Jake Long, Dungeons and Dragons, Aladdin, Animaniacs, both of the Avatar cartoons, Ben 10, Biker Mice From Mars, Skeleton Warriors, Conan: the Adventurer, BraveStar, Silver Hawks, Smurf's, Dino Riders, Flash Gordon, Galtar and the Golden Lance, Mighty Max, Huntik, Gummi Bears, Ewaks, Paw Paws, David the Gnome, the Raccoons, Ulysses, The Littles, Galaxy Rangers, Wildfire, Voltron, Gobots, Transformers (Mostly Beast Wars and 80s), X-Men, Justice League, Pirates of Dark Water, Robotech, 200X TMNT, Sectaurs, GI Joe, Rambo, inhumanoids, Sky Commanders, StarCom, Cops, Johnny Quest (All 3), Captain Planet, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Wuzzles (With Butterbear and Bumblelion as more animallistic in nature), Street Sharks, etc.

Also I hate to admit this, but I have used elements of Jem, Rainbow Bright, and My Little Ponies & Friends in my campaigns, although I did reluctantly mentioned Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and the Paw Paws.
Last edited by pblackcrow on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

gaby wrote:Well I like Anime,s Slayer,Fairy tail and the Cartoons Thunderr the Barbarian.

I make a number of islands around palladium,so I can add lands to explore.

So did we. Plus we always managed to go to another dimension almost every other campaign, so.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

I've been inspired by Record of Lodoss War, Legend of Crystania, Rune Soldier, Scrapped Princess & Chiaka Coffin Princess; plus Berserk.
But i am more inspired by manga & comics, like:Poison Elves, Ubel Blatt & Battle Chasers.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”