Where are the Handheld Weapon Bio-E listings for Rifter OCCs

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Where are the Handheld Weapon Bio-E listings for Rifter OCCs

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So following up on this: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=116312#p2230452
The Galactus Kid wrote:...Oh, and Rifter 0 has additional Splicers personal weapons upgrades. The most recent list ove bio-e to include the newest O.C.C.s from Rifters 50 and 51 has been posted on this site over the past couple of weeks.

Where can I find this information?
Has this been printed in an FAQ or Q&A in a Rifter or any other print source?

Are the Rifter #0 Handheld Weapon Bio-Enhancements official material now since the recent official Rifter articles use them?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Where are the Handheld Weapon Bio-E listings for Rifter

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

13eowulf wrote:So following up on this: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=116312#p2230452
The Galactus Kid wrote:...Oh, and Rifter 0 has additional Splicers personal weapons upgrades. The most recent list ove bio-e to include the newest O.C.C.s from Rifters 50 and 51 has been posted on this site over the past couple of weeks.

Are the Rifter #0 Handheld Weapon Bio-Enhancements official material now since the recent official Rifter articles use them?

Not as far as I know. We included them in the manuscript for Genetic Expressions, a book with I really hope sees print.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Not as far as I know. We included them in the manuscript for Genetic Expressions, a book with I really hope sees print.

Then I am confused, how can I Am Legion be Official, if the articles reference and utilize the Rifter 0 article without the Rifter 0 article being elevated to Official status?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

13eowulf wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Then I am confused, how can I Am Legion be Official, if the articles reference and utilize the Rifter 0 article without the Rifter 0 article being elevated to Official status?

As far as I understand it...
Each of those, specific upgrades that was in the adventure, is now canon.
The rest of it would be, I guess Deuterocanonical, eg not quite canon, yet, but Very Highly Recommended To Be Considered To Be So.
Sort of like... elevated to the status of the "sidebar optional" that you find in the published books instead of the much lower level of optional found in rifters which is lower than say home brew (and even that has shades... I would for instance look at anything that a published author brewed in their line as being far more likely to be closer to the canon than something someone cooked up for That One Game.)

Which is sort of annoying because I have found that a number of the Freelancer authors forget to do their research and reference the Rifters because they forget that just because they used it in their game didn't mean it was official. Which leads to a lot of problems for the rest of us when we have to make calls in our games on what is actually canon or what is just optional. Which matters a lot when, for instance you tell a player "I allow anything from the official material, but we don't use any of the unofficial material"... and then an author references something unofficial in an official book and you as a GM go "Gahhhh"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Splicers®”