fake bate

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: fake bate

Unread post by say652 »

What about those giant steel balls you can run around the inside of?
Unless pressed against a wall any hit just rolls it around.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Made of wire mesh maybe.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We should keep in mind that zombies are about twice as strong as humans and don't really care so much about tearing up their hands by ripping apart wire mesh.

Am reminded of what a pair of Humanichs just did to a chain-link fence in Extant last week.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

flatline wrote:
dargo83 wrote:if any of anyone used a baby as bait in my game they would be shot to death then there corpse burned to ash the the ashes burned

I question the efficacy of that last step.

--flatline

It's kinda like being a shizno is it really necessary for the excrement to excrement? :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Seeing as bright lite fades out auras making it difficult to see a person why not just use a bright light shining into a opaque plastic human shape from the bottom or inside a humanbulb
Hmm Human Explosive Alternate Decoy (HEAD) think like RAID levels
lvl 0 motion
Lvl 1 noise
Lvl 2 light
Lvl 3 humanoid

So a lit humanoid would be a HEAD32 a moving light a HEAD20 one that looks like a human, moves, makes noise and is lit up a HEAD3210
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Zer0 Kay wrote:Seeing as bright lite fades out auras making it difficult to see a person why not just use a bright light shining into a opaque plastic human shape from the bottom or inside a humanbulb
lvl 0 motion
Lvl 1 noise
Lvl 2 light
Lvl 3 humanoid

So a lit humanoid would be a HEAD32 a moving light a HEAD20 one that looks like a human, moves, makes noise and is lit up a HEAD3210

I see said the wise man. :-) Of course one thing you have to remember is that zombies tend to be able to tell the difference between the inanimate and the animate. Remember: Zombies can see the life force of an living creature, and if they see, for example, one of your HEAD weapon systems with, say, a mannequin on the inside, they can probably see through the trick after a little observation - and act accordingly. :? Personally I would think that actual life force lies beyond the spectrum of all conventional light, so I would bet that it's not exactly a sort of light that any human or man-made sensor can detect. However, if it says otherwise in Dead Reign canon, I stand corrected. Maybe if one were to add animatronic features to a mannequin-based decoy, it would increase the likelihood of deploying it successfully. That may help a bit, but as with any creature that can detect the life force of a man, zombies may still catch on. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero

Tor wrote:We should keep in mind that zombies are about twice as strong as humans and don't really care so much about tearing up their hands by ripping apart wire mesh.

Am reminded of what a pair of Humanichs just did to a chain-link fence in Extant last week.

Twice as strong yes but if said "human hamster ball" is rolling, once they hook their fingers into the mesh they will be rolling with the ball and probably come of before any tearing can occur.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hey, why not just have some "adult" on a mini bike in one of those steel balls. Make the lattices of the stew ball flat with sharpened edges. Have said minibike with no muffler so it is as noisy as possible, drive around. Heck lets put three inch steel spikes where ever the lattices are riveted /welded together. Drive slow for control or rev it up for some fun zombie destruction chaos.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

Zer0 Kay wrote:Seeing as bright lite fades out auras making it difficult to see a person why not just use a bright light shining into a opaque plastic human shape from the bottom or inside a humanbulb
lvl 0 motion
Lvl 1 noise
Lvl 2 light
Lvl 3 humanoid

I see said the wise man. :-) Of course one thing you have to remember is that zombies tend to be able to tell the difference between the inanimate and the animate. Remember: Zombies can see the life force of an living creature, and if they see, for example, one of your HEAD weapon systems with, say, a mannequin on the inside, they can probably see through the trick after a little observation - and act accordingly. :? Personally I would think that actual life force lies beyond the spectrum of all conventional light, so I would bet that it's not exactly a sort of light that any human or man-made sensor can detect. However, if it says otherwise in Dead Reign canon, I stand corrected. Maybe if one were to add animatronic features to a mannequin-based decoy, it would increase the likelihood of deploying it successfully. That may help a bit, but as with any creature that can detect the life force of a man, zombies may still catch on. But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

Decoys aren't supposed to be 100%. If daylight can "blind" them to some degree from seeing the light AND if a BRIGHT light is capable of doing the same thing, then bright lights should also appear, at least at range to be PPE glow to the zombies.
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Hey, why not just have some "adult" on a mini bike in one of those steel balls. Make the lattices of the stew ball flat with sharpened edges. Have said minibike with no muffler so it is as noisy as possible, drive around. Heck lets put three inch steel spikes where ever the lattices are riveted /welded together. Drive slow for control or rev it up for some fun zombie destruction chaos.

i say zombie kill of the week
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

dargo83 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Hey, why not just have some "adult" on a mini bike in one of those steel balls. Make the lattices of the stew ball flat with sharpened edges. Have said minibike with no muffler so it is as noisy as possible, drive around. Heck lets put three inch steel spikes where ever the lattices are riveted /welded together. Drive slow for control or rev it up for some fun zombie destruction chaos.

i say zombie kill of the week

And a double meaning for cage of doom
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

SittingBull wrote:if said "human hamster ball" is rolling, once they hook their fingers into the mesh they will be rolling with the ball and probably come of before any tearing can occur.

Why would they come off? I'd let go because being crushed by a ball is painful. What would cause the zombie to let go?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
SittingBull
Hero

Inertia, violent movement, and lack of dexterity/coordination/mental awareness to hang on completely. This idea might work better with a hefty ATV inside as too many bodies, managing to get stuck on entangled with, could or would slow the spheres movement or even possibly stop it.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

SittingBull wrote:Inertia, violent movement, and lack of dexterity/coordination/mental awareness to hang on completely. This idea might work better with a hefty ATV inside as too many bodies, managing to get stuck on entangled with, could or would slow the spheres movement or even possibly stop it.

That's good and if it is a atv with roll bars large casters could be put on it so the atv has 8 points of contact on the cage, add a five point harness and a rider (also buckled in) with a gun and that should be fun.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

SittingBull wrote:Made of wire mesh maybe.

American Gladiators used steel, but that was a tv show.
SittingBull
Hero

say652 wrote:
SittingBull wrote:Made of wire mesh maybe.

American Gladiators used steel, but that was a tv show.

That's exactly what I was thinking of.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

SittingBull wrote:Inertia, violent movement

Versus something twice as strong as a human who may not have out 'let go when something is painful 'reflex. Plus how much damage do they take from something heavy falling on them anyway?

SittingBull wrote:lack of dexterity/coordination/mental awareness to hang on completely.

I don't think you would need that, just grip as hard as possible to the cage and go limp. Vice-grip with finger flexors is all you'd need. Other stuff like roll with impact (which some zombies can do) would only be about reducing the damage.
SittingBull
Hero

Maybe Dead-reign zombies but not all zombies (since a lot of people don't run dead-reign zombies) would be able to roll with impact.
Kosh from Babylon 5
Doctor Who
Bane
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Right, but this is the DR forum so if you're discussing zombies, one assumes by default this is the type you mean unless you specify another type.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I know longer understand what you folks are talking about.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tirisilex »

Somehow Record a Zombies Moan.. Put it on a side of town far from where you want to go.. Get a battery powered radio and blast the Recorded Moan so all the zombies think "Food that way.." And there you go Zombie bait..
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by CarCrasher »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

lvl 0 motion
Lvl 1 noise
Lvl 2 light
Lvl 3 humanoid

Yes they can tell the difference between inanimate and animate but i would say they would be attracted by the light in a dark setting or at night. After all wouldn't that mean food if a light is on?
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Wire mesh i would think has to big of holes to be of any good use. My idea would be to also use perforated steel. Same thing as mesh but much smaller holes so nothing would be able to put fingers through.
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tirisilex wrote:Somehow Record a Zombies Moan.. Put it on a side of town far from where you want to go.. Get a battery powered radio and blast the Recorded Moan so all the zombies think "Food that way.." And there you go Zombie bait..

It needn't be the recording of a moan. They would be just as attracted to some new age psychedelic noise or some classic head banging heavy metal music. Any sound means food is within walking distance.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Why not just get a boom box and crank it up, with people talking on tape or something. Zombies investigate noise and human voices and what have you. Put it inside or under a car, or any other simi safe location, hell put it in a tree.

Then you don't have to use people...

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Zombies may.investigate noise but wouldnt they lose interest if they got to source and saw no PPE around?
Eagle
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eagle »

Easiest distraction would be one of those remote control drones that has a camera attached to it so you can see where you're going if you break line of sight. Fly around where the zombies can see it, then go away from your location. Zombies are dumb, they should follow it. Just be sure to land it on top of a building or something, in a place where you can recover it if you want your drone back.

Those should actually be pretty commonly available in electronics stores though. When the world ended I doubt people swarmed every Best Buy to grab TVs and stuff.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

There's an entire character class built around drones now in one of the published books.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

hbrika
D-Bee

Unread post by hbrika »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Why not just get a boom box and crank it up, with people talking on tape or something. Zombies investigate noise and human voices and what have you. Put it inside or under a car, or any other simi safe location, hell put it in a tree.

I like it. Just put it on the edge of a broken bridge or platform that is up high. Hide somewhere and watch them crowd around and fall off :)
Never accept blindly, always question.

Give up free will at your peril.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

SittingBull wrote:The game is not only about survival but also keeping a hold of your humanity.

How much damage could you inflict on a zombie by getting ahold of humans, lifting them overhead, and throwing them at the zombie?

Could you target the head?

Could the zombie parry, dodge or roll with impact? Or would they just simultaneously attack your thrown object?
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

taalismn wrote:
Rappanui wrote:I still prefer the dead baby stapled to the chicken route.

Pray that you don't get zombie animals; I remember one zombie novel where the reanimating agency jumped species...after sea life was affected, when it was discovered that it had finally jumped to birds, the last remaining humans realized they were well and truly ####ed.

Brian Keene's Rising series?
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

hbrika wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Why not just get a boom box and crank it up, with people talking on tape or something. Zombies investigate noise and human voices and what have you. Put it inside or under a car, or any other simi safe location, hell put it in a tree.

I like it. Just put it on the edge of a broken bridge or platform that is up high. Hide somewhere and watch them crowd around and fall off :)

Yeah or an overpass. Break one of the walls. Put the boom box out on a metal bar or something you fit into a hole in the concrete. Zombies walk up over to the hole, hearing the voices they reach for the boombox (10 feet out) Falll CRUNCH.

Wouldn't kill all the zombies in the world but could put a pretty serious dent on ones around the overpass.

Return to “Dead Reign™”