bionic mega-silk

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

bionic mega-silk

Unread post by abe »

What would be the stats for mega-damage silk kimono?
I figure that it's got to be better than standard silk and be pretty good armor to boot!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Re: bionic mega-silk

Unread post by taalismn »

abe wrote:What would be the stats for mega-damage silk kimono?
I figure that it's got to be better than standard silk and be pretty good armor to boot!

ANYTHING megadamage is better protection than its SDC counterpart, but lighter MDC fabrics, especially made into civilian clothing, wouldn't protect you from concussive shockwaves or piledriver punches/kicks. They might blunt edged attacks or save you from a single energy blast, but the fabric would still fold around a kinetic attack.
I'd use the term 'pretty good' only if you were expecting to be attacked by opponents with SDC or low MD weapons, and even then, a kimono is going to leave your head unprotected....headshot or throat-slit.
Splicers tends to be heavier MD than Rifts, so I'd go with any of the Rifts plainclothes armors as guidelines for high-end handcrafted Splicer megadamage clothing...but NOT the padded or hardshell body armors.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Splicers®”