comprehensive skill lists?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

comprehensive skill lists?

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

i keep a list of the ones i know written down, but i don't know which skills might be covered by other books out there (mostly focused on gathering all the rifts skills in one spot, secondary other books if they filled a gap left by only going by the rifts books)

the most up to date list i have would be the RUE book, but there are missing skills (like ice skating,or deadball) is there any up to date list of all the skills in one place? or at least a lis of what they are and where to find them?

(also i looked and was surprised i didn't find an 'invented skills' list much like the magic and psionics posts in the section, though i am sure there are some out there, even for hand-to-hand at least?)
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: comprehensive skill lists?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I don't think you'll find such a list for Rifts (IIRC I've seen one for PF). Though even a simple "master" list like at the start of the skills section with reference info (source & page) might be nice.

While RUE is the most recent, Rifts Game Master Guide might also work.

World/Sourcebooks with additional skills that aren't in RUE would be from WB10: Juicer Uprising (Juicer Sports/vehicles), WB8: Japan (HTH:MAs), WB: 20 Canada (winter sports mostly, but some OCC class skills might also be transferable),, WB26: Dinosaur Swamp (some of the class skills IIRC are transferable to other OCCs), DB2: Phaseworld (space skills), Mutants in Orbit (space skills), Mercenaries (one skill). This doesn't even consider the issue of languages (both written and spoken) that are referenced and scattered throughout the various books. Nor am I considering some of the skills that Aliens have that could also work independently (I can think of a few in WB:30 DBoNA).

This thread might help (mostly on 2nd page), it also includes at least a partial list of the available languages from across numerous books:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=119140
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Not Rifts specific but might sill help...
Prysus wrote:Greetings and Salutations. While they don't include their full skill descriptions (as they want you to still buy the books), these are the best available options I can find.

1: Kuseru Satsujin (guy responsible for the N&S Netbook) made this list:
http://www.geocities.ws/kuseru/NewMasterSkillsList.htm

Note: It doesn't have any % listed (as that goes against Palladium's online policy), and some O.C.C. specific skills are included as well. This also has not been updated in a while.

2: Rifter #0 is a PDF only Rifter that can be found here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/9 ... _10152_0_0

Note: This is an official Palladium product ($5), and as such includes % next to the name for all the skills. Still no descriptions, but also includes which book it can be found in next to the skill (as opposed to the number/reference system).

That's the best I can give you right now. Hope that helps to some degree. Even though descriptions are not included, in most cases they're easy to figure out. Both are still a few years out of date (I don't think Kuseru touches PB anymore, and the Rifter #0 list is only accurate up until its release date: May 2008). Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I think ones is in the gm's kit on drive through rpgs if no ones mentioned that yet
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

thanks that's a huge help, i think i do have most of them written down (at least the ones that came out of rifts world and source books and a hand full of rifters) but it gives me something to check against to compare and maybe what other books to get

(i noticed going over it last night some of the skills have been split up in RUE like "criminal science + forensics" being 'CSI' and 'forensics' as 2 skills as well)
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Dont the Index & Adventure books have a list of skills by location?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Shorty Lickens wrote:Dont the Index & Adventure books have a list of skills by location?

i know i have at least 1 index book, but they are kind of out of date compared to a lot of the skills, like mid/late 90's or something, so anything that came after they'd be no good for, but i've got a good start with the one list (doesn't have all the rifter ones i'm sure are out there, and anything new might put that list out of date, but it's more complete than what i had)
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I dont think even the GMG has Rifter skills, does it?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Shorty Lickens wrote:I dont think even the GMG has Rifter skills, does it?

no it doesn't, i posted in the rifter section for that, but i was hopping some might have been compiled online too, i looked for player made ones and was unable to find them here too but no doubt there are many i just missed the thread lol
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. For the record, the Kuseru link I posted above includes many Rifter skills within its list. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. For the record, the Kuseru link I posted above includes many Rifter skills within its list. Farewell and safe journeys.

ya i copy pasted that list so i can look them up in the books and fill out the relevant skill info , it does go up to rifter 29 so it's much closer to complete than anything i had written down, once i get all the skills i have access to written down there i can see which was the most recent book on that list to know which others i may have to check for missing skills, but it does get me further along than i was before so thanks
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

the Rifter 00 has a list of all skills with percentages and list of here they originated
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back

Return to “Rifts®”