Bad News or Proof Murphy hates this game

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Bad News or Proof Murphy hates this game

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Rick S. wrote:Bad News or Proof Murphy hates this game

Neither, my friend... it's karma.

Specifically, this is the universe balancing the books over the rigged GenCon sales vote.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
yanko128
D-Bee

Unread post by yanko128 »

Well, they are not giving a release date for Wave 2, which in my eyes is a step in right direction.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

yanko128 wrote:Well, they are not giving a release date for Wave 2, which in my eyes is a step in right direction.

I don't have a problem with that, as long as they accurately communicate the status of the project as it moves along. But I don't see that happening either. Things will be declared "final", and mean the digital sculpt is. With no pictures or video to show where things are at. I fully expect status quo "It's awesome, but no pictures right now because *reasons*".
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Oh, so wave 2 is no longer 'October', errr, 'the end of the year'?

It took a while, but perhaps they have learned something.

That said, they seem to have taken the wrong lesson in that 'omg you guys are mean to us when we give dates and miss them', when the simpler lesson really seems to be 'stop counting those damned chickens before they hatch'.

And maybe, just maybe, it's possible to get a target date (Q1 2015) and then update it with how things are going and explanations as to what is holding things up as needed.

Again, I must point out that the Xia campaign, which is one guy provides more in depth analysis to the challenges he's facing and how they're being resolved than this one. Issues with QA on the figures, on the flight stands, on the plastic box insert that holds everything in place.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Rick S. wrote:Bad News or Proof Murphy hates this game

Neither, my friend... it's karma.

Specifically, this is the universe balancing the books over the rigged GenCon sales vote.

:lol: :lol:
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I thought is news would make all the no's happy. I didn't care either way, as long as I get them and they look half way descent.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Alpha 11 wrote:I thought is news would make all the no's happy. I didn't care either way, as long as I get them and they look half way descent.

Getting the product to the backers first, even if they didn't necessarily choose to do it that way, is going to do at least a little to dispel the aura of negativity surrounding the game. They are, after all, the greater portion of the game's word-of-mouth advertising and the game's chances are much better if they have more positive things to say than they do right now.

So, I guess, you could also call it a blessing in disguise.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Well, if more of the yes voters and the non-voters voted what they really wanted, then the "no's" would have won. But since some of the "yes's" claim they voted yes out of fear or for various other reasons, then yeah, the No's lost.

Even if you ignore the backers that did not vote - the no's still lost by a landslide. There was no "rigged" vote. That horse is beyond dead, beyond decomposed. It's gooey remains have seeped back into the earth. There's nothing left to beat.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
ingexthefuryhunter1
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by ingexthefuryhunter1 »

i am a backer and I can see this from both points of view not only because I am helping set the gen con gaming sessions but as a business owner myself.

On the one hand the backers where promised first chance at the game. That is one of the great things of being in a kick starter if that exclusivity that knowledge you helped bring this product to market and the ability to get cool stuff that is only exclusive to you. That is all well and good. But on the other hand having a product to demo and show off to investors & potential retail buyers at Gencon one of the largest cons in the area makes good business practice.

Now many are angry as to the delays, but if every one remembers palladium did not have control of manufacturing that was ninja division. But I have yet to see anyone on here frothing at the mouth over their bumbling of their portion of this endeavor. Palladium had product input as well as Harmony gold. so delays in production lay at ninja divisions feet. Now does that mean Palladium is in the wrong for the dates, no it is ninja divisions, the only thing Palladium did from a PR stand point was try and inform the fans, which lets be honest if they had not done would have just pissed off people because no word was coming.

This endeavor falls at many door steps but it would seem people who have had a long standing axe to grind with Palladium want to lay it all at the one door, I for one as a backer and Palladium fan, will stand and say very clearly, I may have at times had issue with product date releases being late to the point, I skipped years in school but I will not let those in the backer community try and lay this blame soulfully at the feet of palladium door.

Now the question remained, if palladium was to get the games in three days before gen con and some how ship them out, that would mean those of us on the west coast and many mid west states would not see them till at least the second day of gen con, which by then others would have seen had them assembled and playing.

is this fare? of course. So as for me I look at it like Amazon back ordering my game I can buy at best buy on release day. I can pine or I can do something about it like I am going to do, which every person who complains can. I am going to Gencon and play some great games, and wait like the rest of you. But yes if I get a chance I am buying a copy of the tactics just so I can get the guys at the booth to sign it and play my game like I always intended to do, because unlike many of you I understand the american dream and it is not Respect or honor it is get off your ass and do it your self and quit whining.

As to how palladium treats its fans, I know no for a fact that palladium is the only company when your order is left on your door step and is destroyed by rain, will replace it with no hassle other than a phone call and to explain the issue. While the other two companies you ordered from pretty much tell you so sad spend more money and reorder bu-bye.

But getting frothing at the mouth pissed off because your copy of a book is in transit, an being mad that the company is trying to promote this game while being ham strung at every turn is not the sign of a fan. A fan stands by a product or company and tries their dangdest to help them not nut shot them because they didn't beg when they stumbled for your forgiveness. Now I know many on here who are going to poo poo my post so come on I have tons of Charmin.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Oh No! Say it isn't so!!

Totally devastating and embarrassing for Palladium.

After all the hype and drama. :(

If I were them, I'd just throw in the towel and go next year all prepped and primed for a big comeback.

But hey they do have a couple new books to showcase for the throngs of Gen Con fans. Megaverse in Flames!!!

Also- I bet I can think of something that needs the fun sucked out of it.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Also- I bet I can think of something that needs the fun sucked out of it.

O.O

Dude... at least offer to buy us dinner first.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Forar wrote:
MurderCityDisciple wrote:Also- I bet I can think of something that needs the fun sucked out of it.

O.O

Dude... at least offer to buy us dinner first.

I'll be at the Open House...with cash. :heart: :quiet:
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

RAM-Kay wrote:
ingexthefuryhunter1 wrote:As to how palladium treats its fans, I know no for a fact that palladium is the only company when your order is left on your door step and is destroyed by rain, will replace it with no hassle other than a phone call and to explain the issue. While the other two companies you ordered from pretty much tell you so sad spend more money and reorder bu-bye.

I had almost this exact issue with a GW order, and they replaced it with one email to their published customer service email address. I have no experience with PB's replacement policy, but just want to point out that other companies do this as well, it's not particularly special.

Personally I haven't had a issue with any shipments from Palladium. However not too long ago a forum member got shipment with damaged books (corners were pretty damaged truth be told) and while that forum member and I have no love lost between us to be sure, he was treated well in regards to the damaged books as Palladium told him to go deal with the post office over it and effectively washed their hands of the matter. Now, this is from him so I do not know both sides and my guess it wasn't quite this way but seeing as this person orders quite a bit in both new and multiple copies of product and states to never had an issue before it leaves wondering if it is true or not. *shrugs*
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I have had only one issue. The my order was lost to USPS for over a month. I called PB about it and they replaced it. A week after the replacement copy arrived USPS finally delivered the first copy, 7 weeks after it was sent. When I contacted PB about returning one of them they told me to just give it to a friend.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
BuzzardB
Explorer

Unread post by BuzzardB »

Warshield73 wrote:I have had only one issue. The my order was lost to USPS for over a month. I called PB about it and they replaced it. A week after the replacement copy arrived USPS finally delivered the first copy, 7 weeks after it was sent. When I contacted PB about returning one of them they told me to just give it to a friend.

A delightful issue.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with the hardcover OSRIC book I ordered. Timing sounds the same too.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”