Crossing genres

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

Crossing genres

Unread post by ProfessorFate »

Hi all,

I'm starting a game for some first time young players. I am thinking of combining PF with AtB/TMNT. I was thnking of something similar to some old school cartoons or the Disney version of Robon Hood. So it will end up being a PF game with anthropomorphic animals instead of the usual races.

If anyone has done this before, or has any suggestions, please let me know.
A hollywood marriage is succesful if it lasts longer than milk.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Crossing genres

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

This. This right here is similar to what you're talking about doing. heck, it is almost exactly what you're talking about doing,but is the authors unique take on the idea. feel free to vary it up how you like.

http://freepalladiumrpgcampaigns.blogsp ... -bomb.html
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

You're a legend, Late. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I'll have to tweak it a bit to make it a little more "kid friendly". The youngest player I have is 9. Bug thumbs up totthe author, who put in a massive amount of work.
Anyone got advice for running for younger players? I've been playing/running since I was about their age myself and am kind of set in my ways. Lol
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ProfessorFate wrote:You're a legend, Late. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I'll have to tweak it a bit to make it a little more "kid friendly". The youngest player I have is 9. Bug thumbs up totthe author, who put in a massive amount of work.
Anyone got advice for running for younger players? I've been playing/running since I was about their age myself and am kind of set in my ways. Lol

Greetings and Salutations. Since it sounds like you're happy with the link provided, I won't bother looking for other resources on the project. As for the age group ...

This is geared towards kids in general: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143123

In it, they also reference an article in Rifter #60 written with this subject in mind (gaming for kids). Hope that helps. Thank you for your time and patence, please have a nice day. Farwell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thanks for the link, Prysus, some great advice there. Unfortunately living in Australia and currently unemployed makes it very difficult to get hold of Rifter issues. Issue 60 will be one to get as soon as I have the spare cash though.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Prysus wrote:Greetings and Salutations. Since it sounds like you're happy with the link provided, I won't bother looking for other resources on the project.

Nonsense Prysus. Bother away. I always enjoy more information on a particular topic.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

ProfessorFate wrote:You're a legend, Late. This is pretty much what I was looking for. I'll have to tweak it a bit to make it a little more "kid friendly". The youngest player I have is 9. Bug thumbs up totthe author, who put in a massive amount of work.

Thanks ProfessorFate. I'm just curious (in a joking kind of way) how you could spell my name wrong? the L and the N aren't even close together on the keyboard :P

The Oh So Amazing Late.. Nah, just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Nate.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

Nate! There, got it right that time. Lol
If I was typing on a keyboard it wouldn't have been an issue, but typing on a phone makes it a bit more difficult.
ProfessorFate
Megaversal® Ambassador

I do love Animaniacs. I even used it in the course I'm doing at the moment. I'm studying a Diploma of Tourism and got 100% on my first presentation based on showing the class this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Running for kids can be pretty fun. The issue at times can be really engaging them, though. I suggest using fairy tales as inspiration. Witches that speak in poetry, evil kings who sing songs and have minions who serve them faithfully, but out of fear, so they're easily turned if the kids reach out to them. Oh, and use princesses...and fricken dragons who like to play chess. Most importantly, give them a real quest, something they can really latch onto like "protect the magic goose", then have the badguys steal it, or "the queen is dying, go to this far off land for medicine"...something like that. Making everyone puppies, bears and kittens should help get them into it. Good choice.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I played my first campaign when I was 12 or 13.

The game TMNT.

The story, Libyan Terrorists have take over 6 Flags amusement park, the police can't get near it and the national guard said tough luck. Our crew were the only ones who could get the job done.

The Job, get the terrorists out either in handcuffs or body bags before morning.

The pay off; Free lifetime passes that moved us to the front of every line, we got to keep the terrorists gear, and whatever we could carry out of any of the gift-shops by hand(no loading up a laundry cart).

So much fun and mayhem was had that night. I'll never forget the sound a terrorist's head makes as he's pulled along the tracks of an active roller coaster. Good times.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

In my formative years of gaming, i blew myself up a few times. Once with a block of C4 I had stashed in my pants, once by firing an M203 when too close to enemy, third time was a critical fail setting a door charge, blew my hands off. Happened to my brother once too. VF Pilot in RT stuck driving a Spartan (missile pod destroid), he got shot in the launchers, fratricide is a bummer.

Just all kinds of explodie death from 11-15.

Wow we just got off topic...
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I think we were saying that just because they are young kids that it doesn't mean the violence has to toned down. It didn't for us, and we enjoyed ourselves and escaped without felony records.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

Alrik Vas wrote:In my formative years of gaming, i blew myself up a few times. Once with a block of C4 I had stashed in my pants, once by firing an M203 when too close to enemy, third time was a critical fail setting a door charge, blew my hands off. Happened to my brother once too. VF Pilot in RT stuck driving a Spartan (missile pod destroid), he got shot in the launchers, fratricide is a bummer.

Was your character storing the detonator inside the block of C-4??? With as stable as that stuff is, your GM may have cheated you.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

arouetta wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:In my formative years of gaming, i blew myself up a few times. Once with a block of C4 I had stashed in my pants, once by firing an M203 when too close to enemy, third time was a critical fail setting a door charge, blew my hands off. Happened to my brother once too. VF Pilot in RT stuck driving a Spartan (missile pod destroid), he got shot in the launchers, fratricide is a bummer.

Was your character storing the detonator inside the block of C-4??? With as stable as that stuff is, your GM may have cheated you.

I think he may have learned a valuable real world life lesson. Don't put explosives down your pants. I'd say his GM did him a favor. :lol:

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Actually, I like the idea. I would have make it more of a Renascence era themed world.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”