Longbowman+what race?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Longbowman+what race?

Unread post by Thinyser »

If you were going to make a Longbowman for PFRPG but were allowed some leeway in what race they could be what would you pick?

EDIT: please include the book they are found in if you can, thanks!
Last edited by Thinyser on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Longbowman+what race?

Unread post by Natasha »

Bug bear.

Not really a race, but could make a Fayed Sister from Northern Hinterlands p. 162.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Natasha wrote:Bug bear.

Not really a race, but could make a Fayed Sister from Northern Hinterlands p. 162.

Nice I like it.

Keep the idea's coming!

Thanks
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Danzi, they run faster then everybody else so, run run run shoot. run run run shoot. run run run shoot. They would never get within hth range.
Last edited by kiralon on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

kiralon wrote:Danzi

What book? maybe a page too if you have it handy. ;)
Edit: found it in the Eastern Territories book. Thanks for the idea!
Last edited by Thinyser on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

eastern territories p.25
thunder, thunder, thundercats hoooooo
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

haha I just editing my previous post that I found it when you posted that

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Wolfen. Big size, big damage.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

If you want to get super silly, just play a demigod. Pantheons of the Megaverse. Convert it to lower magic environment/SDC.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Asgard high elf from pantheons. Great stats and elf bonus with bows.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Kankoran
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
MrShowtime
Wanderer

Unread post by MrShowtime »

With as much leeway as you say you have, why not choose a Jeridu (World Book 14: Land of the Damned 1, Page 69)? 6 arms may mean 3 long bows if said GM offers that much leeway... not that mine does lol
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

MrShowtime wrote:With as much leeway as you say you have, why not choose a Jeridu (World Book 14: Land of the Damned 1, Page 69)? 6 arms may mean 3 long bows if said GM offers that much leeway... not that mine does lol

Wouldn't physically work to have 3 longbows because of the stance and the way the bow is drawn (try to imagine 3 bows drawn at once, even if you manage it without entangling as there is only 1 head so only 1 would be aimed), however having extra arms holding arrows would certainly allow for the argument of higher rate of fire, and maybe a bow with higher pull for more damage as you can get multiple arms working for better leverage.
MrShowtime
Wanderer

Unread post by MrShowtime »

Touche lol and I suppose drawing for 3 bows wouldn't be possible either... A Jeridu is more for melee anyways, but makes for a great battling character yet doesn't have to be a brute.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

kiralon wrote:Danzi, they run faster then everybody else so, run run run shoot. run run run shoot. run run run shoot. They would never get within hth range.

Couldn't you do about the same thing with any Longbowman and a horse? Horse archers are pretty awesome, though it doesn't often seem to pop up in people's games.

Mark Hall wrote:Wolfen. Big size, big damage.

I'd have to go with this. The single biggest downside of archery is the low damage, which never really improves, in Palladium. The Wolfen (being giant sized) increases that damage by 50% which is a huge boost. On average, they would do enough damage to almost kill an average 'first level' peasant who didn't have any SDC to start! That being said, I prefer my Wolfen with javelins, pillum, and other similar weapons, where they can also make great use of their strength for damage as well as distance.

The Dark Elf wrote:Kankoran

This is just classy. I love the Kankoran, and the image of them stalking through the trees with arrows nocked to bowstrings, feathers, beads and scars on display is just great. I have to wonder though, does the average NPC Kankoran (not PC's who commonly break all the molds and can do things far from normal) really use a 'Long'bow? I would think they would be more likely to use a 'regular' bow, as they seem more similar to cultures around the world that do.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Eashamahel wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Kankoran

This is just classy. I love the Kankoran, and the image of them stalking through the trees with arrows nocked to bowstrings, feathers, beads and scars on display is just great. I have to wonder though, does the average NPC Kankoran (not PC's who commonly break all the molds and can do things far from normal) really use a 'Long'bow? I would think they would be more likely to use a 'regular' bow, as they seem more similar to cultures around the world that do.

I would make the general npc's use short bows indeed.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Eashamahel wrote:
kiralon wrote:Danzi, they run faster then everybody else so, run run run shoot. run run run shoot. run run run shoot. They would never get within hth range.

Couldn't you do about the same thing with any Longbowman and a horse? Horse archers are pretty awesome, though it doesn't often seem to pop up in people's games.

Surprisingly the fastest danzi can outrun a horse over short and long distances, and can also cast chameleon on themselves naturally. They have 5d6+6 speed, add 4d4 for running and then can sprint for x2 speed for 1/4 their pe in minutes per day. They can also run for 1hr per PE point per day without needing rest.

Using a longbow from the back of a horse would be tricky, especially trying to aim at something moving at the same speed, and as the Danzi has less mass and smaller area he can stop quicker and makes a smaller target. (I know the game makes no difference for shooting at a fly from 800ft and a blue whale at 3 ft)
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I've always wanted to play a centaur longbowman. Plate Barding, big saddle bag-quivers for arrows, and decent P.S., P.E, and P.P. Would be fun.
Eashamahel
Hero

kiralon wrote:Using a longbow from the back of a horse would be tricky, especially trying to aim at something moving at the same speed, and as the Danzi has less mass and smaller area he can stop quicker and makes a smaller target. (I know the game makes no difference for shooting at a fly from 800ft and a blue whale at 3 ft)

I would think using a bow of any kind while RUNNING would be harder than doing so from horseback.

And the Centaur version of horse archers is always classy.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Eashamahel wrote:
kiralon wrote:Using a longbow from the back of a horse would be tricky, especially trying to aim at something moving at the same speed, and as the Danzi has less mass and smaller area he can stop quicker and makes a smaller target. (I know the game makes no difference for shooting at a fly from 800ft and a blue whale at 3 ft)

I would think using a bow of any kind while RUNNING would be harder than doing so from horseback.

And the Centaur version of horse archers is always classy.

Running and shooting would be hard, but I would run and stop and shoot then run again, as you are faster you will generally stay away, and horses generally aren't happy when they have an arrow sticking out of them. (not that there are rules preventing you from running and shooting).
Eashamahel
Hero

yeah but, the horse might not be happy to have an arrow sticking out of it, and I'M not happy it's got an arrow sticking out of it, but I'm a heck of a lot happier *I* don't have an arrow sticking out of me!! :)

I like the horse/centaur idea I think for the run AND shoot instead of run, shoot, run, but in a world with bipedal humanoids who can run faster AND longer than a horse, I don't have an argument.

Just in general, a creature with a Supernatural strength should (roughly) be able to draw a bow 5x heavier than what it's PS would normally allow. If that actually worked, then i would have a hard time arguing that's not instantly the default choice.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Eashamahel wrote:yeah but, the horse might not be happy to have an arrow sticking out of it, and I'M not happy it's got an arrow sticking out of it, but I'm a heck of a lot happier *I* don't have an arrow sticking out of me!! :)

I like the horse/centaur idea I think for the run AND shoot instead of run, shoot, run, but in a world with bipedal humanoids who can run faster AND longer than a horse, I don't have an argument.

Just in general, a creature with a Supernatural strength should (roughly) be able to draw a bow 5x heavier than what it's PS would normally allow. If that actually worked, then i would have a hard time arguing that's not instantly the default choice.

I have a fairly comprehensive list for ranged combat modifiers, but even using that the centaur longbowman with a crossbowman (my crossbows do a lot more damage and shoot a lot slower) on his back is quite good
Eashamahel
Hero

A Centaur carrying a human? The shame...
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

First of all Legolas disagrees with you in regards to not being about to run and shoot at the same time. I was also going to say Danzi as well. I made a Danzi character for a game that never came to pass a few years ago and would really like to play it out some day. Their ability to run is amazing, and I could see that working very well into combat with a GM that did a fluid and fun combat style.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Faerie Longbowman but in miniature form. It wouldn't be necessarily super damage but it would be funny to role-play.

Now if you just want to go completely munchkin make a Tauton LongBowman that tips their arrows in the poison from their stinger. Plus they are giant sized, have really high attributes and are supernatural that works too.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Tyberius wrote:First of all Legolas disagrees with you in regards to not being about to run and shoot at the same time. I was also going to say Danzi as well. I made a Danzi character for a game that never came to pass a few years ago and would really like to play it out some day. Their ability to run is amazing, and I could see that working very well into combat with a GM that did a fluid and fun combat style.

With regards, even though it doesn't specifically state it in PF so far as i know, moving while attacking is covered in Juicer Uprising (and perhaps in the Rifts GMG) that states if you move and attack at the same time on your turn, you take a -3 penalty and move slower than you normally would (i believe at half the movement).
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Eashamahel
Hero

Tyberius wrote:First of all Legolas disagrees with you in regards to not being about to run and shoot at the same time.

By the movies, where we see him running and shooting, i would say he had a 'bow', not a longbow. I'm pretty sure the bows of the other elves were actually larger/longbows.

Lukterran wrote:Faerie Longbowman but in miniature form. It wouldn't be necessarily super damage but it would be funny to role-play.

Faeries with bows is awesome. Characters pulling out porcupine quills for hours after disturbing them/accidentally insulting the Queen is an underrated bit of humour.

Alrik Vas wrote:With regards, even though it doesn't specifically state it in PF so far as i know, moving while attacking is covered in Juicer Uprising (and perhaps in the Rifts GMG) that states if you move and attack at the same time on your turn, you take a -3 penalty and move slower than you normally would (i believe at half the movement).

Doesn't the Longbowman have some specific rule about not taking penalties while doing specific things?
Alrik Vas
Knight

They may very well. Though my copy of PF long ago was consumed by time itself.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

This is what my longbowman have to put up with when im dm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=141128&hilit=ranged#p2738814

scroll down to the ranged combat modifiers.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Lukterran wrote:Faerie Longbowman but in miniature form. It wouldn't be necessarily super damage but it would be funny to role-play.

Now if you just want to go completely munchkin make a Tauton LongBowman that tips their arrows in the poison from their stinger. Plus they are giant sized, have really high attributes and are supernatural that works too.

Had this in one of my games- a night elf named Binker Tell, shooting faerie magic arrows- is still one of my all time faves! The PC played her to the hilt!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Elven, due to the fact I like elves. Also have excellent vision at day or night time and a good Physical Prowess.

2nd choice would be Wolfen, again just because I like Wolfen. Also their bigger size (and damage) and ability to better handle rugged winter conditions is a plus.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Am I missing something? Why do wolfen do bigger damage? Just because of their PS? Or because their weapons are larger? What is it?

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

all giant sized weapons do an extra d6 damage
Alrik Vas
Knight

I was unaware. I'll have to do some work with my wolfen player. Seems silly i would have missed that somehow.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Alrik Vas wrote:I was unaware. I'll have to do some work with my wolfen player. Seems silly i would have missed that somehow.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm at work (on lunch), so no book in front of me for the exact page number but...

PF2 main book, the two pages with all the weapon pictures and damages listed (near the back, around page 290 or so). Second page (the one with swords, bows, and miscellaneous), bottom of the page. There are two notes down there. One is for Giant sized weapons (Wolfen included) and the other is for Gnomes (though these values differ from the values found in the Gnome racial write-up).

Hope that helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Alrik Vas
Knight

As i said before...
Alrik Vas wrote:They may very well. Though my copy of PF long ago was consumed by time itself.

But thanks for the assist, Prysus.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I had a Titan Longbowman once. His arrows were the size of javelins.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Baron mugwort
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Baron mugwort »

Troll! Boom you're dead :D
"Baron Mugwort, I think you are the official representative of the intrests of Giants in Rifts. Its a great job (full benefits!)." Argos.

http://www.kingsofrpg.com For all things RPG!
Contribute to the website with your own RPG advice, stories and adventures! barnonmugwort@ding-irl.com
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Cyclops Longbowman, get the extra d6 damage for giant size, plus access to their lightning shafts (which they can shoot an additional 600ft, for a longbow that would be 700ft+600ft=1300ft at level 1 +25ft per level. That's like a level 25 Longbowman baseline w/o other racial modifiers for range).

A Gigantes, mutant giant might also be interesting with the right roll/selections on the mutation table (turn invisible, additional arm/hand for extra attack, use their poison/acid ability to enhance arrows, wings for flight, etc).

I wanted to say Quillback as an option, but they can't be the Longbowman OCC, but can select the Ranger OCC and take WP Longbow. I was thinking they could use their quills as arrows, but now I'm not so sure as they might be sized better for crossbow bolts.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Problem with a range of 1300ft is the negative modifiers to shoot and hit something that far away. Not only seeing that far is difficult without clear terrain.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

MrShowtime wrote:With as much leeway as you say you have, why not choose a Jeridu (World Book 14: Land of the Damned 1, Page 69)? 6 arms may mean 3 long bows if said GM offers that much leeway... not that mine does lol

kiralon wrote:having extra arms holding arrows would certainly allow for the argument of higher rate of fire, and maybe a bow with higher pull for more damage as you can get multiple arms working for better leverage.
This!

Tyberius wrote:First of all Legolas disagrees with you in regards to not being about to run and shoot at the same time.

Freak cases like him are obvious examples of Longbowmen with Sharpshooter/Sniper skills to reduce penalties and have bonuses to offset them with.

Whether shooting from horseback or while running is easier is something I think that depends on your proficiency with either, what you practise doing more. In the case of horsemanship I think we should have some rules for 'getting to know the horse' though, Palladium seems to have 1 generic skill for it whether you've been riding a horse for a couple minutes or for 5 years...

With running, you wouldn't have any acclimation time, barring any injuries.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

So without even seeing this post (for some reason I stopped getting email notifications on it) we decided to do this. not only this but a whole group of Jeridu (as my char was already a Jeridu juggler/knife thrower.

Ended up with (all Jeridu)
-Godling with flight, and the psi option taken twice so he has ALL minor psi powers and 5 major (this is the GM's character so he gets what he wants)
-Juggler knife/knife thrower
-Longbowman (GM said he gets the RoF from the longbowman OCC for each set of arms but cannot aim with the bottom two)
-Diabolist
-Priest of Light
-Half-Wizard (thief for the other half)

The diabolist and PoL will be run by myself and the longbowman as secondary characters since we needed a group of 6 (Jeridu travel/adventure in Hexans) as well as needing them for support.

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Lukterran wrote:Problem with a range of 1300ft is the negative modifiers to shoot and hit something that far away. Not only seeing that far is difficult without clear terrain.

Given a Cyclops is 2-3x larger than human size, which those modifiers are based on, it may be the equivalent of a human shooting at 400-600ft as opposed to one shooting at 1300ft for a Cyclops. Additionally they could have magical enchanted objects to grant them superior vision (ex. "Eye of the Eagle" monocle in PF2 pg256, allows one to see 2000ft clearly)

Terrain is an issue, but it would also apply to any archer/range attack to fully utilize the range.
The Immortal ME
Explorer

Unread post by The Immortal ME »

ShadowLogan wrote:
Lukterran wrote:Problem with a range of 1300ft is the negative modifiers to shoot and hit something that far away. Not only seeing that far is difficult without clear terrain.

Given a Cyclops is 2-3x larger than human size, which those modifiers are based on, it may be the equivalent of a human shooting at 400-600ft as opposed to one shooting at 1300ft for a Cyclops. Additionally they could have magical enchanted objects to grant them superior vision (ex. "Eye of the Eagle" monocle in PF2 pg256, allows one to see 2000ft clearly)

Terrain is an issue, but it would also apply to any archer/range attack to fully utilize the range.

The issue isn't necessarily seeing, but trigonometry. In order to hit an object at range you need to aim within an arc which is inversely proportional to the range. To make matters worse, in order to hit an object at range with an indirect fire weapon you need a very good estimate of distance, difference in elevation between the target and firing platform, and wind currents hundreds of feet above the surface which have no relations to those on the surface.
- The Immortal ME

Sic itur ad astra.
"There are some who call me ... TIM?
(All factual statements based on personal recollection only unless otherwise attributed. May not actually be factual.)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

The Immortal ME wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

The issue isn't necessarily seeing, but trigonometry. In order to hit an object at range you need to aim within an arc which is inversely proportional to the range. To make matters worse, in order to hit an object at range with an indirect fire weapon you need a very good estimate of distance, difference in elevation between the target and firing platform, and wind currents hundreds of feet above the surface which have no relations to those on the surface.

Considering the game doesn't have the arrow take any time to get there, I don't think most are gonna worry about trig.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

The Immortal ME wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

Good points but the game doesn't account for this (its a game after all and too much realism especially in combat gets it very bogged down). At those distances you could even have a normal chance to dodge behind cover or simply change your position since its gonna take 2, and maybe as much as 4, seconds for the arrow to travel 1300 feet. In two seconds at a Spd of 10 you can cover 20 feet, 40 for 4 seconds, and of course more if you have a higher than average speed attribute.

Isn't the arc of fire (between 0 and 45 degrees) directly related to the distance? Pretty sure that at very close distances you can get away with 0 degrees where at a longer distance you would need a higher arc and at max distance you are pretty much shooting at 45 degrees. Inverse relation would mean at very close distance you would be shooting at a very high arc and at far distance you would be shooting very flat. Arcs grater than 45 degrees generally shorten the shot and increase hang time and are only used for indirect fire weapons like artillery or mortars.

Bows are direct fire under most circumstances. Fire over a castle wall or over a hill or hedge or over your front ranks of infantry and cavalry, would be indirect because you cannot see your target and are basically aiming at a point in the sky and estimating where it will land and adjusting this aim point in the sky to hopefully hit your target on the ground. Even when this is used its generally used very close to the max distance of the bows so that the archers can stay as far away from their target as possible, so angles above 45 degrees are not really used. Archery en masse works pretty well this way because you are filling the air with many, many arrows, from many, many archers. Despite "max range-high arcing fire" being widely used in history it is not how most people play archers in RPGs. We tend to shoot stuff we can see with a single (or a handful) of archers.

Anyhow this thread is about good races for archers not the physics of archery.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Mark Hall wrote:
The Immortal ME wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

Considering the game doesn't have the arrow take any time to get there, I don't think most are gonna worry about trig.

Teleporting arrows are awesome in that regard arn't they? So much simpler. :lol:

ShadowLogan
Palladin

The Immortal ME wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:

Which would be covered by the WP skill(s) IMHO.

WP: Archery increases the [u]maximum effective [/i]range each level. While the WP: Longbow lacks that qualification, it can be seen in other lines that "range" is short for "effective range" in numerous cases, and one can shoot beyond effective range by 30% with penalties.
AmasCole
D-Bee

Unread post by AmasCole »

Titan. just think of it. your shooting tree's as your arrow's.. ballista bolt's for arrow's man with a long bow range...giant sized. massive damage. or Cyclop's with the lighting arrow's...from a long bow.

Titan and cyclop's are in the main book.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”