Living Armor

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: Living Armor

Unread post by krispy »

welcome to the board Maliganok

the MB doesn't actually stipulate an exact limit on the amount of enhancements can be incorporated into a HA; however, there are various references to weapon systems if chosen, no other weapon or sensor can be placed in the same place.

just approach it logically and let the GM decide in the end exactly how many enhancements they can have...

in saying that, bear in mind the layering of the enhancements. when i say layering, i mean. the HA could have: Acid Blood, Quick Cotting Blood, Righting Reflex, Enhanced Neurological Connection, Butchers Organ, Electrical/Lightning Discharge, Flame/Plasma Breath, Elongated Running Legs, Elongated arms etc. etc. before you even look at having any externally visible weapons, such as Bone Blades, BEEVs, Spore Discharger, etc.

available Bio-E limits this too, considering that if you wanted 15 (max) organic rockets, that's going to cost you 75! Bio-e
connecting the dots
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

in general, living armours only get enhancements if specifically noted.

in general, i would look to the trend of what can be placed on OCC-specific living body armours to consider what would be placed on them. technically, there are very few limits, but that's what i would use.

which would place the limits as:

eyes and vision
other sensory features
offensive bio-weapons
ranged bio-weapons and upgrades
extra MDC (2d6 + 18 per 10 bio-e)
biological defences
flight appendages

however, it is worth noting that there are a few OCCs that get living body armours with no stated restrictions on what their enhancement bio-e goes towards.

any restrictions beyond that will be mentioned directly in the description of the enhancement in question.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Shark_Force wrote:in general, living armours only get enhancements if specifically noted.

Shark is dead on. In the main Splicers book, the limitations of Living Armor, both Bio E and what they can choose, are listed for each individual OCC. For example, a Biotic starts with 2D6+22 Bio-E for additional enhancements, limited to the categories of Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Offensive Bio-Weapons and Ranged Bio-Weapons, and/or Extra M.D.C.

An Archangel, for comparison, starts with 5DlO+45 Bio-E for additional enhancements, but is limited to the categories of Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Offensive Bio-Weapons, Ranged Bio-Weapons, Ranged Weapon Upgrades and/or Extra M.D.C.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

Maliganok wrote:Hey thanks Krispy,
Yea I am the gm and it has been a while since have run palladium games, I am hopeing for it to be epic, and I will take your advice. Also man your forum ideas rock!

why Thank You :-D
connecting the dots
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:in general, living armours only get enhancements if specifically noted.

Shark is dead on. In the main Splicers book, the limitations of Living Armor, both Bio E and what they can choose, are listed for each individual OCC. For example, a Biotic starts with 2D6+22 Bio-E for additional enhancements, limited to the categories of Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Offensive Bio-Weapons and Ranged Bio-Weapons, and/or Extra M.D.C.

An Archangel, for comparison, starts with 5DlO+45 Bio-E for additional enhancements, but is limited to the categories of Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Offensive Bio-Weapons, Ranged Bio-Weapons, Ranged Weapon Upgrades and/or Extra M.D.C.

well, this seems like it should have been the answer i gave =S

i interpreted the question as "what enhancements are physically capable of being added to living armour" =S
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

maybe living armor could get some sort of sandpaper type of effect (sorta like shark skin)

Return to “Splicers®”