Common Bounties in the Palladium World

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Common Bounties in the Palladium World

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Here's a complex question for folks.
What are the common bounties in the Palladium world? what are the regional differences in the reward?

basically if the characters capture a known bandit how much to they get for them? alive? dead?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Common Bounties in the Palladium World

Unread post by kiralon »

Mostly depends on the crimes, and how many.
But if it was a bandit leader robbing general merchants with a gang, around 2000 - 5000 gold for the leader alive (for justice), and the rest dead or scattered.
General orc bounty, right ear 20gp
If it was a highwayman doing daring robberies probably 500-1000 to start with, but go up over time.
If it was a thieves guild member in a big town, maybe 2000-10000 (more crimes normally)
a pirate captain 5000-50000gp as the ship can be used in the costs.
I tend to add more if its personal, and reduce it if its bureaucratic.

and dead tends to give less reward then alive, as alive have to be fed and transported properly, rather then just an ear or a big box.

but it does depend on the circumstances. bureaucratic ones tend to be lower paying, and want alive rather then dead so they can be hung publically, but more common.
Personal ones pay the best, and often all they want is a token of the person death (head etc), but are much harder to find, especially if the bounty is illegal.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

thanks

Your list is most helpful.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

kiralon wrote:Mostly depends on the crimes, and how many.
But if it was a bandit leader robbing general merchants with a gang, around 2000 - 5000 gold for the leader alive (for justice), and the rest dead or scattered.
General orc bounty, right ear 20gp
If it was a highwayman doing daring robberies probably 500-1000 to start with, but go up over time.
If it was a thieves guild member in a big town, maybe 2000-10000 (more crimes normally)
a pirate captain 5000-50000gp as the ship can be used in the costs.
I tend to add more if its personal, and reduce it if its bureaucratic.

and dead tends to give less reward then alive, as alive have to be fed and transported properly, rather then just an ear or a big box.

but it does depend on the circumstances. bureaucratic ones tend to be lower paying, and want alive rather then dead so they can be hung publically, but more common.
Personal ones pay the best, and often all they want is a token of the person death (head etc), but are much harder to find, especially if the bounty is illegal.

Nice list.. what did you base it on?
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Previous Gameplay and a bit of real life research. I had someone play a bounty hunter for 7 or so years
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

And a rogue knight/"The duke of orcs" who has captured a mountain fort of yours...the reward is cake! I paid a group of fae to help me take it back.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”