Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Guild of Magic & Psionics

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:
The description says, "range: touch" and "anything that is touching his hands. Leading me to believe that once you turn loose of it, the psi effect is no longer active. Yes it does say "duration: 15 minutes" I believe that is how long it will last, contingent upon you keeping ahold of it.

Example:
I pick up a willow branch, do whatever gaby's thing was called. my branch now does 1d4 damage and has +15 sdc. (yes I think this is how it works)

I pick up a roll of Charmin extra soft and do whatever gaby's thing was called. If I bash you in the head while holding it, 1d4 dmg and plus 15sdc.

If I throw it at you, the effect is gone and i've wasted isp by turning it loose.

At least that's how i read the power.
Usually the touch is needed only to activate it. His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Explorer

.... 13oewulf, does this mean Ernie literally could have beaten things to death with his junk?

Also, in the style of a two-headed ball and chain, would each testicle do 1D4?

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

jreece06 wrote:
.... 13oewulf, does this mean Ernie literally could have beaten things to death with his junk?

Also, in the style of a two-headed ball and chain, would each testicle do 1D4?

Think big. What if the dragon went all Centauri, then it is more like a flail....

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Explorer

A cat o'nine tails?

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

jreece06 wrote:
A cat o'nine tails?

And piercings, what if you cast it on each piercing and have multiples....

Or if using regular 'normal whips if you bead the ends, is each bead separately enhanced?

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
The description says, "range: touch" and "anything that is touching his hands. Leading me to believe that once you turn loose of it, the psi effect is no longer active. Yes it does say "duration: 15 minutes" I believe that is how long it will last, contingent upon you keeping ahold of it.

Example:
I pick up a willow branch, do whatever gaby's thing was called. my branch now does 1d4 damage and has +15 sdc. (yes I think this is how it works)

I pick up a roll of Charmin extra soft and do whatever gaby's thing was called. If I bash you in the head while holding it, 1d4 dmg and plus 15sdc.

If I throw it at you, the effect is gone and i've wasted isp by turning it loose.

At least that's how i read the power.
Usually the touch is needed only to activate it. His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

".....and so, we must conclude that Colonel Mustard was bludgeoned to death in the study with the inflated 'Garfield' balloon...."
"What was that thing inflated with, LEAD?!"

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

That's perfectly fine. As long as there are singing midgets to greet me and hand me a giant lollipop.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
His power basically leads to Munchkin land.

That's perfectly fine. As long as there are singing midgets to greet me and hand me a giant lollipop.
With said lollipop doing 2d4 damage and having +15 SDC, of course.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
With said lollipop doing 2d4 damage and having +15 SDC, of course.

2x damage and automatic diabeetus on a Nat. 20.

Razzinold wrote:
And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:12 pm

Priest

You know, I have a Shemarrian Fringe Tribe that uses giant molecular adhesion-head lollipops as blunt force weapons...and they're almost all midgets(or rather robots masquerading as children). Robot strength, molecular adhesion, and you take damage first from the hit, and subsequent whiplash as they wave that giant sucker back and forth REAL FAST. :P

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
You know, I have a Shemarrian Fringe Tribe that uses giant molecular adhesion-head lollipops as blunt force weapons...and they're almost all midgets(or rather robots masquerading as children). Robot strength, molecular adhesion, and you take damage first from the hit, and subsequent whiplash as they wave that giant sucker back and forth REAL FAST. :P

I like you. You can stay. :lol:

Love it! Are they posted here, in another thread?

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Priest

13eowulf wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I like you. You can stay. :lol:

Love it! Are they posted here, in another thread?

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=103576&start=2050

about 3/4 of the way down the page.
It's a free-for-all-madness with Munchy overtones; psionic robots, Shemarrian Civil War, and Shemarrian Star Nation. :D

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:35 am

Champion

Ahem... Back to the Psionics shall we lads? Before the thread is moderated for being off topic.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Priest

Very well, let's have a go with this, then...

Impart Knowledge
Type: Super
Range: Touch
Duration: Special(see below)
Saving Throw: Standard
ISP Cost: 7
Effects:
Impart Knowledge can be considered a more selective version of Mind Bond, and allows the psychic to implant large blocks of information, including workable skills, into the mind of another person. The extent and duration of the information retention depends on the age of the person;
Adults(18+ years of age)----The imparter can implant information and skills they possess, equal to one level below their level of experience, into the adult brain. However, they will only be able to retain the skills/knowledge for 4d4 hours. Only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the person’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the impartee can more effectively resist(if they so choose) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Children/Teenagers(1-17 years of age)---Minds aren’t as developed yet, so they cannot make associations of the parts of a skill as readily, so imparted skills are at HALF the level of the implanter. However, they can retain the knowledge for TWICE as long. Attempting multiple skills in the same person incurs the same penalties as above.

Prenatal----The unborn can be permanently imprinted with information and skills during the third trimester. The imparter can implant a block of knowledge or a complete skill(at FIRST level of proficiency, plus any I.Q. bonuses the imparter possesses) that the infant will be effectively born with(during the implantation, the mother may attempt to resist the effort, but is -1 to do so, since she is not the focus of the implant). This Imparted skill/knowledge typically manifests itself as an aptitude for something, or may have an effect on their activities(knowing, for instance, a schematic, features of which may surface in the child’s art). Note that unless the child takes the skill again, the implanted skill remains at 1st level and does not increase with experience. If it IS taken again, the person gets a +15% bonus(in addition to any other bonuses). As with adults and children, only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the unborn’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the mother can more effectively resist(if she so chooses) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Limitations:
-Physical(including hand to hand combat styles) and W.P. Ancient skills can only be imparted at a FIRST level of experience, and any physical enhancement stat bonuses accompanying them CANNOT be imparted. This is because the skills involve a certain amount of muscle memory that a impartee doesn’t instantly acquire. They may get a general knowledge of gymnastics, for example, but not any P.S., P.P., or SDC bonuses that they would get by actually working out.
Piloting skills, W.P. Modern, and academic/knowledge skills are unaffected.

-General knowledge can include memorized books, schematics, maps, plans, code words, and the like, that the person can recall with perfect clarity for the duration of the implantation.

- After the duration of the implantation runs out, the person will only be able to recall parts of the imparted information, and perform the original imparted skills at a 15% proficiency, up to a month afterwards. If the impartee possesses Total Recall or a similar psychic ability, they can up this to 25%, up to TWO months.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 am

Champion

Taal,
Is there any special effect for smacking the impartee upside the head, or performing any other type of "I'm tryin' to learn you boy!" gesture; such as one hand on the shoulder, leaning in with heads close and pointing off with the other hand or such?

OR
What if the knowledge I want to impart is in a book, and I hit them forcibly with the book? Is there a bonus applied for using blunt force osmosis?

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Priest

Taal,
Is there any special effect for smacking the impartee upside the head, or performing any other type of "I'm tryin' to learn you boy!" gesture; such as one hand on the shoulder, leaning in with heads close and pointing off with the other hand or such?

OR
What if the knowledge I want to impart is in a book, and I hit them forcibly with the book? Is there a bonus applied for using blunt force osmosis?

The knowledge has to be something the imparter knows, has memorized(including what they've learned using Speed Reading and/or Total Recall). No smacking people with the rolled-up plans to a nuclear aircraft carrier unless you've carefully studied them yourself.
Smacking somebody upside the head doesn't help, but it might feel good(for the imparter, that is). :thwak:

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
taalismn wrote:

Impart Knowledge
Range: Touch
Duration: Special(see below)
Saving Throw: Standard
ISP Cost: 7
Effects:
Impart Knowledge can be considered a more selective version of Mind Bond, and allows the psychic to implant large blocks of information, including workable skills, into the mind of another person. The extent and duration of the information retention depends on the age of the person;
Adults(18+ years of age)----The imparter can implant information and skills they possess, equal to one level below their level of experience, into the adult brain. However, they will only be able to retain the skills/knowledge for 4d4 hours. Only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the person’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the impartee can more effectively resist(if they so choose) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Children/Teenagers(1-17 years of age)---Minds aren’t as developed yet, so they cannot make associations of the parts of a skill as readily, so imparted skills are at HALF the level of the implanter. However, they can retain the knowledge for TWICE as long. Attempting multiple skills in the same person incurs the same penalties as above.

Prenatal----The unborn can be permanently imprinted with information and skills during the third trimester. The imparter can implant a block of knowledge or a complete skill(at FIRST level of proficiency, plus any I.Q. bonuses the imparter possesses) that the infant will be effectively born with(during the implantation, the mother may attempt to resist the effort, but is -1 to do so, since she is not the focus of the implant). This Imparted skill/knowledge typically manifests itself as an aptitude for something, or may have an effect on their activities(knowing, for instance, a schematic, features of which may surface in the child’s art). Note that unless the child takes the skill again, the implanted skill remains at 1st level and does not increase with experience. If it IS taken again, the person gets a +15% bonus(in addition to any other bonuses). As with adults and children, only one skill may be implanted in this manner without penalty; each additional skill or bloc of knowledge that the implanter attempts to impress on the unborn’s mind will cost DOUBLE the ISP and 1d4 Hit Points(regains them normally) due to stress and strain, plus the mother can more effectively resist(if she so chooses) with a +1 to save versus each additional implantation attempt.

Limitations:
-Physical(including hand to hand combat styles) and W.P. Ancient skills can only be imparted at a FIRST level of experience, and any physical enhancement stat bonuses accompanying them CANNOT be imparted. This is because the skills involve a certain amount of muscle memory that a impartee doesn’t instantly acquire. They may get a general knowledge of gymnastics, for example, but not any P.S., P.P., or SDC bonuses that they would get by actually working out.
Piloting skills, W.P. Modern, and academic/knowledge skills are unaffected.

-General knowledge can include memorized books, schematics, maps, plans, code words, and the like, that the person can recall with perfect clarity for the duration of the implantation.

- After the duration of the implantation runs out, the person will only be able to recall parts of the imparted information, and perform the original imparted skills at a 15% proficiency, up to a month afterwards. If the impartee possesses Total Recall or a similar psychic ability, they can up this to 25%, up to TWO months.

what are the effects if its just a specific block of time?
IE: "Here is what I have been up to for the last few hours/days/weeks/months/years etc..."

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Priest

Damian Magecraft wrote:
taalismn wrote:

IE: "Here is what I have been up to for the last few hours/days/weeks/months/years etc..."

I guess you COULD impart memories of a certain period of time, but the longer the span of time, the vaguer would be the overall impressions...for instance, if I impart the act of punching in '7031' on my office phone, that's a clear and distinct memory, and I've focused on the task of memorizing and punching in that number...If, say, I impart what I did for the fourteen hours I was awake, the '7031' may well be glossed over by what I did driving to and from work, the near-accident I had, what I had to eat and drink, and the insufferable twit I had to deal with at work, and the impartee might well remember only what stuck out in MY memory of the day, rather than the important part...i.e., the phone number..

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Knight

Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
taalismn wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I guess you COULD impart memories of a certain period of time, but the longer the span of time, the vaguer would be the overall impressions...for instance, if I impart the act of punching in '7031' on my office phone, that's a clear and distinct memory, and I've focused on the task of memorizing and punching in that number...If, say, I impart what I did for the fourteen hours I was awake, the '7031' may well be glossed over by what I did driving to and from work, the near-accident I had, what I had to eat and drink, and the insufferable twit I had to deal with at work, and the impartee might well remember only what stuck out in MY memory of the day, rather than the important part...i.e., the phone number..

Well I was looking at it as a method one Psi might impart information to catch a comrade up on events they missed due to being separated.

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Priest

Damian Magecraft wrote:
[q
Well I was looking at it as a method one Psi might impart information to catch a comrade up on events they missed due to being separated.

It's a novel way of applying it....I hadn't considered such an application...On that case I imagine it would be most effective if the person giving the update had created and memorized a sort of point-specific 'rundown' of important facts(imagine, for instance, what you might rehearse, if you were asked to give a summary of a week's events, to yourself if you were driving someplace to give a presentation. You would be mentally editing or skipping parts that you felt were unimportant(though others might disagree) and it might be considered biased(it's your POV), but it's what sticks out in your mind about your past activities.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Knight

Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
taalismn wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
[q

It's a novel way of applying it....I hadn't considered such an application...On that case I imagine it would be most effective if the person giving the update had created and memorized a sort of point-specific 'rundown' of important facts(imagine, for instance, what you might rehearse, if you were asked to give a summary of a week's events, to yourself if you were driving someplace to give a presentation. You would be mentally editing or skipping parts that you felt were unimportant(though others might disagree) and it might be considered biased(it's your POV), but it's what sticks out in your mind about your past activities.

not that novel...
I recall some movie, anime, or comic(s) where that method of info sharing was used to catch up an injured main character without exposing the viewer/reader to yet another recap exposition episode...

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 am

Knight

Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'
Saw a few along this line. So thought I'd toss mine in.

Psionic Network (Special)
ISP cost: 5 to engage (+5/member of link, 5+1 can be linked. +1 at levels 2, 4, 8 and 10.)
Maintance Cost: once every ten minutes it cost an additional 5 ISP (the linking process to link others does not apply)
Duration: 10 minutes

Effects:
-adds +2 to init and perc rolls to members of the link when its active
-adds +3 to resist telepathy/empathy and other types of mental assault to the others when the link is active

Side effects

-Should the link be abruptly broken, all will receive -10% to skills and -2 to attacks and combat rolls Also if the link is severed abruptly, the others are temporarily stunned.

-(User only) -10% to skills and -2 to attacks and combat rolls

-(User only) Death/sever injury of team members:
Some permanent memory or personality of a strong will individual will leave some mark. whether it be a traumatic memory or side effect of the memory of an individual severely injured or killed. Her filter prevents the link members from feeling or suffering ill effects of the loss of an individual in the link. if a teammate dies in the link she must roll a save or be stunned/rendered unconscious. she will feel the pain of severe injury and trauma from burns. (as in get the sensation of the most severe traumas)

- (User only)Personality clash and Strong emotions:
This may require her to work through Phobias, learning to deal with people differently. For instance she unknowingly links with a rabid anti-Mutant (say a mutant who hates his own) After that she would likely not want to be around mutants or take a strong dislike to the one with the secret anti-mutant with out knowing why precisely. In any case it never overrides her own personality or beliefs. just makes her 'difficult' in some situations. This could open doors to ideas she would not normally consider on rare occasion.

- (User only) Permanent side effects to User:
A few lingering memories or traits temporarily stay with her after the link for 1d4 hours. this include possibly inheriting certain mental conditions, Personality traits or strong behaviors/effects of members linked. Only she would be affected by the 'After link' effect not the team. Nothing that disables or makes her permanently injured in most cases. If trauma is encountered during a link she may get some phobias for a few days. in rare cases a permanent effect or trait may be taken on. (with proper treatment the trait will become manageable.

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Last edited by Rimmerdal on Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

Knight

Posted this elsewhere. but it should fit better here.
Tele-mechanic Body Armor:
Requires: Electrokinesis, Tele-mechanic Possession, OCC Psi-Operator or PCC Psi-tech
Range: 10ft to get items otherwise, personal
ISP: 30 for body armor or 100 Power armor
Duration: 5 minutes/level

This power takes loose mechanical parts in Psychics vicinity and creates a Power armor around him or her. The armor has basic properties of minimal Body armor in terms of life support, 100MDC+20/level and a robotic strength of 30, other than that it uses what was grabbed. It simply uses a non controlled version of Telekinesis and does not require Psychic to know telekinesis to pick up surrounding items. Those that do possess Telekinesis can select items.

At the cost of 30 it creates a suit MDC Body Armor 30+10/level with minimal standards of modern body armor.

Movement rate and armament varies on what was grabbed. It does not need a power source. This power is popular with Psi-techs and operators. Psi-tech's and Psi-Operators get it as a non-Super Psionic, based on the massive required powers and the fact the power is tailored to them. All other OCC's treat it as a Super Psionic Power.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Priest

Ectoplasmic Decoy
Range: Self or other by touch
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until dispelled by the creator
Saving Throw: None
ISP Cost: 13
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real physical strength, and no combat abilities.
The decoy is little more than an animated shell of ectoplasm. It cannot speak or socially interact beyond nodding or smiling/grimacing when spoken to. Close inspection will show how clothing and flesh seem to merge, and the decoy is cold and clammy to the touch(it will also appear as cold to thermal imaging devices). It has an effective P.S. of one, allowing it to pick up pens and pencils, move papers, and raise a coffee cup, furthering the illusion of it being a real person, but it cannot do anything meaningful(don’t expect it to shovel your driveway for you). It can walk or run at a maximum Speed of 6, and can avoid running into objects and other people, but isn’t bright enough to stop for crosswalk signs or avoid running out into traffic.
The decoy has only 10 SDC, and destroying it will result in the decoy spattering into a shower of rapidly-evaporating ectoplasmic goo.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 am

Knight

taalismn wrote:
Ectoplasmic Decoy
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real phsyical strength, and no combat abilities.
The decoy is little more than an animated shell of ectoplasm. It cannot speak or socially interact beyond nodding or smiling/grimacing when spoken to. Close inspection will show how clothing and flesh seem to merge, and the decoy is cold and clammy to the touch(it will also appear as cold to thermal imaging devices). It has an effective P.S. of one, allowing it to pick up pens and pencils, move papers, and raise a coffee cup, furthering the illusion of it being a real person, but it cannot do anything meaningful(don’t expect it to shovel your driveway for you). It can walk or run at a maximum Speed of 6, and can avoid running into objects and other people, but isn’t bright enough to stop for crosswalk signs or avoid running out into traffic.
The decoy has only 10 SDC, and destroying it will result in the decoy spattering into a shower of rapidly-evaporating ectoplasmic goo.

Any ,married man or man with long winded girl friend would like this.. ;)

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 am

Priest

Rimmerdal wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Ectoplasmic Decoy
Effects: This power produces an ectoplasmic dummy replica of a person, complete with clothing. The ‘dummy’ is essentially a psionically-produced animatronic double that can move in a preprogrammed fashion, going through the motions of work, or walking/running, but it has no skills, no real phsyical strength, and no combat abilities.

Any ,married man or man with long winded girl friend would like this.. ;)

Just make sure you time your return right, because after she gets over the shock of seeing 'you' dissolve, she will KILL you.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:23 am

D-Bee

Freaking phenomenal ideas in here... Putting a lot of them in a word document for consideration for powers when I level up my Mind Mage

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Priest

IrncladZmbie113 wrote:
Freaking phenomenal ideas in here... Putting a lot of them in a word document for consideration for powers when I level up my Mind Mage

You're welcome. Why should technocrats and mages have all the fun when it comes to new stuff? Isn't the mind flexible enough to come up with new tricks? :bandit:

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Physical Power

Telekinetic Dexterity
Range: As per Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
Duration: Special, see below
ISP: +10 (see below)
Prerequisites: Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis
This power has nothing to do with the psychic’s manual dexterity, but rather refers to the refined control they have developed over their telekinetic abilities. A telekinetic with this ability can use telekinesis as a delicate tool instead of a blunt object. Simple tasks such as screwing or unscrewing bolts, or, well, screws, stirring a jug of liquid without a spoon, and other such “light” tasks are done with ease. Even the task of threading twine through the eye of a needle can be accomplished. Further this power can be used without direct line of sight, but a unique “sense of touch” for lack of a better term. Picking a lock for example; using telekinesis only (no lock-picks) one with this ability, and some lock picking know-how, one can use the telekinetic force to move the tumblers inside a lock in order to pick it (with a successful skill roll), of course this cannot be done at a distance, the psychic would have to get as close as they normally would to pick the lock. The control is so very fine that the psychic can even form an edge with the telekinetic energy. A seamstress could snip loose threads, or cut fabric, a surgeon could use the edge in place of a scalpel. This would be a poor combat choice, the damage that can be inflicted in combat can be either 1 SDC point of damage, or 1D4 SDC points of damage, and only the ME bonus applies to strike, no others, not WPs, not PP bonus, nothing (outside combat, if Super Telekinesis is used, then the edge can be used to cut MDC materials, or skin, with great concentration and effort, but the nature and speed of combat prohibit this ability from being able to inflict Mega Damage while in battle). However this can be a great intimidation tool, cutting and bleeding an opponent across a room, or for interrogation purposes. Another telekinetic can use their own abilities to parry the telekinetic edge, and one can try to dodge (at -10, for the attack is not visible, and there are little to no visible queues from the attacker), and magical and psychic body fields can protect against this damage (body fields only), but other than that there is little defense that can be used (making it fortunate it is such a poor combat weapon). Other still have used this ability to save choking victims by removing the block from their throat, or remove a deeply embedded splinter, pinching closed major veins or arteries in accident victims to prevent bleeding out. Some have used it with insidious intentions though; pinching closed the esophagus, irritating and manipulating open wounds to case pain or preventing the clotting of blood, and even squeezing the lungs or heart inside the victim.
To utilize this power one must first already be using either Telekinesis or Super Telekinesis (with whatever ISP cost was paid for enacting that power), they psychic then merely has to expend 10 ISP to activate this fine control over their telekinetic abilities. Activating this power also allows the psychic to manipulate 2 additional objects per level of experience. This power will only last as long as the telekinetic power it was activated in conjunction with.
Note: Some aspects of this power, like picking locks, or applying force to internal organs (for good or ill) require additional knowledge, like lockpicking skills, biology or medical skills, etc., and the range is greatly reduced, immediate range (touch or mere inches) at level one, 1 foot at level 2,+1 additional foot per level starting at level 3. This reduced range only applies to non line-of-sight usage.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Priest

13eowulf wrote:
Physical Power

Telekinetic Dexterity

I could really use this power: the screws in my eyeglass hinges keep loosening and it's a pain in the ass finding a tool point small and fine enough to really tighten the damn things before my lenses pop out. :badbad:

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Physical Power

Telekinetic Draw
Range: Immediate area, either on the psychic's person, or near arms reach (can be just out of reach, but only by 1 foot or less)
Duration: Instant
ISP: 3
Saving Throw: N/A
Prerequisites: Telekinesis
Man didja see how fast that guy was?! It’s like the gun just leapt into his hand!
This power allows the psychic to use Telekinesis to assist the speed of their drawing a weapon to their hand (The weapon must be a one-handed weapon, e.g. pistols, long swords, knives, etc., and not rifles, pole arms, or other two-handed weapons, also they must have a free had to call the weapon to).
They can draw the weapon from a holster or scabbard on their person, or it can be drawn from nearby, as long as the item is within arm's reach (or up to one foot from arms reach, 13 inches is too far).
This ability grants the character a +3 initiative to draw first (if they already have weapons out this ability cannot be used), but this only applies for the first melee action.
The ability can also be used as an automatic parry to draw a weapon for defense, adding a +2 to their parry roll for the single defensive action only (same restrictions as above, must have a hand free), can only be used to obtain the weapon, once the character's hands are full this power is useless.
At level 3 if the psychic has paired weapons and 2 free hands this power can be used for a double-draw, same restrictions as above.
At level 5 the psychic can draw and attack with a single action, but costs 5 ISP instead of 3, same restrictions for drawing as above.
Psi Slingers gain this power automatically at level three along with their regular list of psionic powers.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:
ISP Armor (Super Psionics)

The psychic can convert their ISP into a protective field around their body. It looks like a pale, glowing field extending one inch or so from the body. This gives numerous benefits. First of all, ISP is converted into SDC on a 2 to 1 basis- that is, divide the ISP in half to make the sdc. Second, the armor can be used to handle objects of incredibly high or low temperatures that would normally be damaging to the user. Third, the armor can allow the user to parry melee weapons. Lastly, the user cannot have their ISP or PPE drained while the armor is up. There are a few drawbacks, however. One, the ISP must be spent at the beginning and cannot be added to. Second, the duration is a bit limited.

Range: Self
ISP Cost: from 2 to the user's maximum ISP, based on what is available and the user's decision.
Duration: 5 Minutes per level of experience.
It doesn't seem like this would be very useful. ISP is generally pretty low to begin with.

Yeah...unless this is for HU, I can't see an S.D.C. shielding being very useful (we can assume a 1-to-1 conversion for Rifts).

I've got another type of armor to propose:

T.K. Deflective Shield (Super)
Prerequisits: T.K. Force Field, Super T.K.
Range: Centered on self, can be extended outwards to protect others (10' radius per level)
I.S.P. Cost: 35
Duration: 5 minutes per level

This power creates a number of small T.K. force fields (similiar to the Walker from one of the Rifts), but acts like the old-school deflection shields from Robot Tech/Macross (capital class ships). Number of shields created = 2 at level 1, plus 1 per every other level of experience (3,5,7, etc). Each shield adds plus one to parry all incoming projectiles. There are a few advantages of this power over T.K. FF:

-Each shield has roughly (50) M.D.C. and regens 25 per melee (continuous protection rather than having to be reactivated after being destroyed)
-Moves with creator (rather than being stationary)
-After level 5, they can be hurled offensively to inflict 2D6+2 damage (25ft range per level, returns)

Some disadvantages:

-Requires focus (-1 attack while active, -2 on all combat bonuses)
-Does not block HTH attacks and enemies can just run up to the psychic

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Dungeon Crawler

taalismn wrote:

Impart Knowledge

i could see this being used as a wife asks "where have you been all day?"

never set anything up for rifts psionics but they did always seem to get the short end of the stick , though some i had for other stuff could be adapted

might be long winded but i am seldom on here if i have gotten much sleep at all, maybe someone could clean them up a bit
PSI sensitive
Third Sight:
Range: self (but can extend as far as ISP allows)
Duration: 1 min base
Saving Throw: none
ISP: 5 (+2 every min after the first)

after a few seconds to focus (2 actions) the psychic's sight line separates from their body (similar to astral projection but not on the astral plane and not detectable by anything other that detect psionics) the psychic can control this view to move anywhere without restrictions, up, down, through solid objects and even the vacuum of space without being slowed at all (though moving through solid objects can be disorienting)

the psychic can move and even fight physically while in this state, if they can see their body movement speed is 1/2, actions per melee are -2 and -5 to all combat bonuses except to initiative (and only if the enemy is spotted from the new vantage point) if the psychic can not see themselves they fight as if blinded (with - 2 actions per melee focused on the 'third sight' power)

while active the psychic feels no pain or physical sensations, can't hear or see (other than by third sight) and may seem drunk or high to anyone looking at them staggering around , often with a glazed expression on their face or eyes rolled back in their head) the upside is that they can see in any direction, through solid objects (even power armor or vehicles) at a maximum speed of 20 miles per hr (50 mph on a ley line) and can not be harmed in any way (unless to the physical body) psionics that effect vision can still be cast and will stack, spells and psionics that have no range but target, or target area 'must be seen' (something like teliport) can be used , but no ability's that are beyond the range of the psychics physical body (a fireball for instance would still only travel from the psychic's physical body in a straight line at the mentioned negatives to strike)

---
PSI-Sensitive
---

Seventh Sense
Range: 25' per level
Duration: Until sense is triggered
Saving Throw: none
ISP: 2

like sixth sense the ISP is used automatically when entering an area that had recent Rift activity with a maximum of 1D6+1 days ago, and only if the psychic is unaware of the recent activity (if they saw the rift closed and ran to within range of this power it would not trigger telling them a rift just closed, or if they felt the sense, moved away and then back into range it would not trigger again) the psychic will know the location of where the rifts was within their sensing range, an idea of how large it was small (dog size or smaller) medium (human size) large (robot or vehicle) or gigantic (large enough for an army) and if the rift was 'natural' or 'man made' (if man made there is a 65% chance they can tell if it was opened on the side they are on, or the other side

tracking skills could lead to more information (1 set of footprints coming out of nowhere, or vehicle tracks traveled to where the rift was and vanish) but the psychic ability does not tell anything other than where the rift was, it's relative size, how long ago it was active
and if it was man made or natural

---
PSI-Sensitive (maybe super?)
---

Cosmic Vision:
Range: 10'/infinite
Duration: 1 melee
ISP: 50

1D6 melee trance

can 'see' rifts in the past or future (within 1D4+1 months) the psychic see's the rift energy (different than visually seeing it, they see streaks of silver/white energy pouring out of the rift in all directions and reflected off of any person or object that was in the area at the time the rift was active, even objects that are invisible) this details the exact size of the rift, everything that was in the area , and can see all incarnations of that rift
if the rift opens routinely in the same spot, where the rift opens to on the other side, and if a random rift every opening, over lapped in the same spot but the psychic is able to identify which rift's , objects and beings which were on the side of the opening of the psychic and which portals , beings and objects were on the other side (if the psychic has been to a dimension that one of the portals opens up from there is a good chance 75% they can tell which dimension it is)

the power only lasts 1 melee but given the time skewing nature of it, the psychic 'see's the rift for the total duration of the longest one was open for (if only 1 rift was open for 10 min they see the entrance and exit for 10 min, if 10 portals had opened with one taking 3 days to close, then the psychic would see all rifts' open in the same instant closing one by one until 3 days later the last one closed, but similar to a dream the psychic has total knowledge and understanding of what they are seeing, and which rifts are in the past and which are in the future etc) but still only 15 seconds has passed physically in real time

this power does NOT allow the opening (or re-opening) of a rift and visions of future rifts are subject to change , but can be both an indicator of any dangerous beings that came into our world, or ones who might (the psychic and friends could see a evil shifter coming with a demon army 5 weeks from now, but would have time to prepare and set traps, or find the shifter in the weeks beforehand and kill him before he prepares)

being psychic powers it could be one of the few ways for the CS to identify possible incoming attacks by rift portals

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Hero

raise bread!
basically this is the psionic equilivent of raise bread(magical)
basically you make bread raise VERY quickly!
isp- 35

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Dungeon Crawler

you already had that on page one :P lol

abe wrote:
raise bread
isp needed-35
basically does what it says it does

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
raise bread!
basically this is the psionic equilivent of raise bread(magical)
basically you make bread raise VERY quickly!
isp- 35

I think this is incomplete in nature. Perhaps fleshing it out, adding proper detail, and using the proper format.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Hero

PSI-Lence wrote:
you already had that on page one :P lol

abe wrote:
raise bread
isp needed-35
basically does what it says it does

sorry, I forgot.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Hero

how about raise fred(maybe I did this one as well, I forget)
basically you raise a man named Fred high into the air!
isp cost-45
what do you think?

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

I think this is incomplete in nature. Perhaps fleshing it out, adding proper detail, and using the proper format.

For example, does the given name have to be Fred, or seeing as Fred is a short form of Frederick, Fredrich, or Frederico (among others) does any related name count? What about people named Freddy?

Does it only work on males, or females as well? Seeing as Fred is also a short from of both Frederica and Winifred, among others...

Indeed I would suggest what you have here is an outline of a power, not an actual power, that needs fleshing out.

Also I think the ISP cost is too low.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Hero

13eowulf wrote:
abe wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

For example, does the given name have to be Fred, or seeing as Fred is a short form of Frederick, Fredrich, or Frederico (among others) does any related name count? What about people named Freddy?

Does it only work on males, or females as well? Seeing as Fred is also a short from of both Frederica and Winifred, among others...

Indeed I would suggest what you have here is an outline of a power, not an actual power, that needs fleshing out.

given name has to be fred & what do you think of 250 isp?
What do you think the isp should be?

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

abe wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
abe wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

given name has to be fred & what do you think of 250 isp?
What do you think the isp should be?

I think that before you can even discuss ISP you need to flesh out the power will all other relevant pieces of information, as that will have an affect on the ISP cost.
I also think that if you dont know what the other relevant pieces of information I am referring to are perhaps you shouldnt be posting psionic powers until you do.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.
13eowulf wrote:
abe wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

You are obviously not familiar with abe. "Incomplete in nature" is pretty much his stock-in-trade.

http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/
Rifts Articles
General Palladium Articles

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:
13eowulf wrote:
abe wrote:
isp cost-45
what do you think?

You are obviously not familiar with abe. "Incomplete in nature" is pretty much his stock-in-trade.

I am familiar, and a more accurate description of his stock-in-trade would get me a warning if posted publicly.

However I will continue to politely and constructively point out all the flaws and lack of thought put into these and the skills he posts, so long as he keeps requesting the feedback. After all, I am only answering his requests for feedback.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Champion

i got one of those warning things once for honestly stating what I thought (he does ask, "what do you guys think"). I framed it and hung it on my wall.

I'm going to look up the rules on spamming and flame baiting; because i think we're trolled men.

Razzinold wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 am

Dungeon Crawler

---
Psi-Physical
---

Force Aura
Range: self / others up to 5' away per level
Duration: 2 min per level
Saving Throw: none / standard for unwilling targets
ISP: 10

turns the aura into a visible physical barrier with a M.D.C. equal to the I.S.P and P.P.E. combined the shield is porous and allows air (and all gasses) and water through, items can still be picked up, but the aura repels anything with an aura of it's own (preventing physical contact with another living being or rune weapon etc) and any object moving fast enough to cause damage

forcing the aura to be visible can briefly mark a target (-30% prowl) it can also be used to force any living thing with an aura away from the target. the target's aura can be distracting making hard to see the persons exact position (-1 to strike)

sick, evil or possessed peoples aura's will look off putting even to people whom have never seen an aura before even if they will not be able to tell what is wrong (force aura also lets anyone with see aura to understand it just as well as if they had cast the ability themselves)

Unread postPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Priest

Psychic Holography(Physical)
Type:Physical
Range: 5 ft per level of experience, and the image cannot be larger than 18 inches(+6 inches per level of experience) wide/tall.
Effects: Psychic Holography allows the psychic to project images from their own mind into visible form for others to see. The psychic first creates a fine mist of ectoplasm, and then manipulates available light(cannot be total darkness) to create the images.
Psychic Holography CAN be combined with Total Recall, allowing the psychic to share information they have witnessed and memorized.
Art skills like Painting, Sculpture, and Drawing can also be used in conjunction with this power to produce particularly vivid holographic images; a successful roll means the resulting image comes off sharp and clear, while a failed roll means a washed-out or blurred image.
Psychic holograms CAN be recorded on visual media such as video and still photography cameras.
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience
I.S.P Cost: 2 for simple static images, 4 for moving images, 6 for three dimensional images, 12 for moving 3-D images.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Does a psionic ability exist whereby one could question plants nearby a crime scene to find out what happened there? I have a player who likes that idea for a power. If writing one up, I would need to figure out how far back the plant's memory is and what range the plant could sense things at effectively.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Monk

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Does a psionic ability exist whereby one could question plants nearby a crime scene to find out what happened there? I have a player who likes that idea for a power. If writing one up, I would need to figure out how far back the plant's memory is and what range the plant could sense things at effectively.

Object Read

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Object Read
Are you sure? Because technically a plant is not an object, it is a living thing. I dislike using Object Read for that. The next thing you'll be telling me is that you can use Object Read on animals.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Monk

Expansion of my knee jerk answer: Object Read is the closest thing in canon.

Whether a plant can be the object of the object read is debatable because (after looking @ the HU2 MB text) the text does not specifically say the object can't be a living thing. Even though, the text as written assumes that the object is something non-living.

If push came to shove I would draw the dividing line at it's highest, that any animal smaller then a cat could be OR'ed and non-tree plants could be OR'ed. But that is stretching in the allowing direction.

As a GM for my own game I probably would not think twice about a player wanting to OR a plant so long as it was not a tree. But that is what I'd do in a game I ran.

:thwak: :thwak: Make sure you make allowances for my careful wording if you respond to this.

One of the people here said to me the he didn't like all the "New" hero powers in the fan made powers topic cause most were just variants of existing powers. (This was back when there was just 7-9 pages worth in the topic.) This sort of falls into that sort of thing...it would end up mostly a varient of the OR power cause plants don't think too much.

sidenote:
LOTR Fan POV on any 'talk with plant' power or spell:
They would only speak in Entish so you would be there for a very long time if you want asked them anything.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork