houseofbts.net

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

houseofbts.net

Unread post by mrloucifer »

The House of Beyond the Supernatural has moved! Its now being hosted on its own page, under the domain "houseofbts.net"!

This will be its permanent home from here on out, so please update your favorites as the school site I was using will be shutting down soon.

I know that the news info says June, but I love you guys and thought I'd let the forums fans get the news early. And keep a watch, new info and materials should start showing up again soon as I'm graduated and should have more time.

P.S. I'll be offering my services for creating "GM Adventure web pages" soon. Stay tuned! :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
krate
Explorer

Re: houseofbts.net

Unread post by krate »

Cool beans! thanks for the update!
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

is this address more horrific than the other? I wonder...

Still, thanks for the update. ;)
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Great,Hope to see New sutff soon.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

auyl wrote:is this address more horrific than the other? I wonder...

By horrific I do not mean bad, just more spooky. :)
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Panomas wrote:
auyl wrote:

I saw that too- :P

I've been watching to see if anyone else would say anything...
Good Catch!- :angel:

LOL yup, I have stuff up on The House of BTS. If I didn't love that site then I wouldn't have stuff up there. I've also got more stuff to come on there hopefully, again, if I didn't love the site, I wouldn't be working on stuff for it.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Panomas wrote:
auyl wrote:
Panomas wrote:
auyl wrote:

I saw that too- :P

I've been watching to see if anyone else would say anything...
Good Catch!- :angel:

LOL yup, I have stuff up on The House of BTS. If I didn't love that site then I wouldn't have stuff up there. I've also got more stuff to come on there hopefully, again, if I didn't love the site, I wouldn't be working on stuff for it.

Oh-

You mean you wrote something and got it put up there? Is Mr. Dawes still interested in accepting material?

I can't speak for him, you'd have to msg him and find out.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Nice!

:ok:
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

The "Creations" Page just got a much needed updating. The various creations are better grouped together and dont take up near as much space. And the first new item to look at in this remodeled show room is the "Air Ion Counter", located in the Special Equipment folder. Have a look-see!
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

mrloucifer wrote:The "Creations" Page just got a much needed updating. The various creations are better grouped together and dont take up near as much space. And the first new item to look at in this remodeled show room is the "Air Ion Counter", located in the Special Equipment folder. Have a look-see!

Very nice, you never know what will help in a supernatural investigation.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Panomas wrote:
auyl wrote:
mrloucifer wrote:The "Creations" Page just got a much needed updating. The various creations are better grouped together and dont take up near as much space. And the first new item to look at in this remodeled show room is the "Air Ion Counter", located in the Special Equipment folder. Have a look-see!

Very nice, you never know what will help in a supernatural investigation.

Or what could be utilized by the GM as a red-herring plot device...Mu-Mu-Muhahahaha!!!

:lol: true
mrloucifer

Artist Brandon C. Clark has been on a roll this month. He's contributed his 2nd unused BTS monstrosity to the House Gallery, the Water Elemental! Its posted on the home page in the news, and will soon show up elsewhere within the house. Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water. :twisted:
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Panomas wrote:And BTW: Not to totally thread jack but the original "House on Haunted Hill" is currently available on You Tube movies...

Not thread jacking at all... House on Haunted Hill is a very BTS appropriate movie, and a classic besides! I should add it to my inspirations list now that you mention it. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Mwa-ha-ha, I have dragged Mr. Loucifer away from the House to work on another project. You may have him back -- or the shell of the man that is left -- when I am done.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
mrloucifer

Panomas wrote:
Lord Z wrote:Mwa-ha-ha, I have dragged Mr. Loucifer away from the House to work on another project. You may have him back -- or the shell of the man that is left -- when I am done.

"There it is."

*Takes the house key from beneath the imitation rock.*

"Mr. Lucifer? Are you home?" *Shouting up the stairs.* I got The those 2-inch long silver chainsaw blades you asked for... I'll just leave them here in the foyer."

"The echoing of Panoma's voice throughout the foyer and heavily shadowed hallways triggers dark things from the corner of his eyes to dart out of sight, faster than his eyes can follow. The sound of heavy footfalls running hazardously on the floor above are heard. And is that the faint smell of onions in the air?"
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Panomas, you are fortunate... for I am in a giving vein this day. Outright oblivion will not be necessary for you. Instead, my response will simply be slow and unpleasant for you. I will turn you inside out over a very long period of time.
–H.P. Lovecraft

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

The imp that acts as the lord of the house's matre de smiles and looks at Panomas, "Yes, he is giving! But it is not what he tells you he is going to do to you that you should fear. It is what he is NOT telling you!"

The imp then laughs with a evil screech as it disappears in a puff of smoke.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

I notice that you added Dr. Corbin Romance to your Creations page. Thanks for that, he's been mentioned a lot and now I have a sheet for him! One thing though: you mention that he has a step-brother in his background. I think you mean half brother.
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote:I notice that you added Dr. Corbin Romance to your Creations page. Thanks for that, he's been mentioned a lot and now I have a sheet for him! One thing though: you mention that he has a step-brother in his background. I think you mean half brother.

DOH! Dammit Jasper, I'm a Writer, not an editor! :P

I updated the PDF file with the correct detail (and reworded a few other bits on the intro sheet while I was at it), so feel free to head over the the pregenerated character section get it. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

There is a new face in the House!
BTS fan and GM Ben Barton has sent a new NPC to linger about the house... and you know how much the Host of this house loves unexpected company!
Kyna is an NPC from Ben Barton's home game, submitted to the house for other BTS GM's to make use of. Kyna is a Sorceress from the Nightbane RPG, who became involved in the arcane arts after discovering a book of spells her great aunt kept hidden away until her death. Kyna is now cautiously trying to learn spells from the book while learning more about the arcane world in general. This has led her to becoming a member of the Lazlo Society, hoping to find other magic users.
You can find her searching for the truth over in the NPC section of the Creations Page.
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

I like her! Thanks to you and Ben.
mrloucifer

Hey, who's got the skills? You do, if you get the list from the House of BTS!

Due to a growing trend of using skills from other games (like Dead Reign) and The Rifter sourcebooks in my home game, I decided to put together a list of all the skills I use and where to find them. While I was at it, I ended up compiling a list of homemade skills that either I created or had found online.

You can find them in the "Skills" folder tab on the creations page.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

The host is about to take two weeks off and wont be in to update the House, but he's not leaving your without lots of new company!

For some time I'd be promising to add my female Parapsychologist to the pregen list, but I'd been holding off as I had to tweak a few things, update her info (and as she's one of my favortie pregens I took my time with the update), and find an image that I felt worked well for the persona I was going for. Well, I've since done both and now Dr. Angela Jean Strauss is available in the Pregenerated Character list!

I also added two new player characters that were commissioned some time ago, an Autistic Psychic Savant and an Ordinary Human, both are sisters. You can spot them over in the Player Character folder tab.

Finally, BTS artist Brandon C. Campbell has illustrated the Ghoulkin (written by Anthony Uyl), and its an AMAZING illustration (some of his best work in my eyes) and the illustration has been added to the PDF file. You find find it lurking over in the Supernatural tab

And all of these folder tabs are found on the Creations page. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Look forward to it though my curiosity will have to wait as your web site says it's "Under Maintenance" :P.
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote:Look forward to it though my curiosity will have to wait as your web site says it's "Under Maintenance" :P.

That's odd, and it shouldn't be the case. maybe the hosting company was doing maintenance? Click on this to try it again.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Panomas wrote:Like all the new editions mrloucifer...

I did shoot you an email and when ever you see this but...Any interest in House or Mansion schematics...

I love schematics in general (even when I dont fully understadn them) so yes, I would love some!
P.S. I've not gotten an email as of yet, can you resend it to mrloucifer@gmail.com for me please?
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Yeah, I can see everything now, I think the site was just down when I happened to check.

Great work as usual. I like the sisters a lot. Dr. Strauss seems like a force to be reckoned with. The new artwork in awesome as well.
I have a question about David Capeheart (he's a contact on Dr. Strauss' sheet). It says he's her superior and liason with the government and military. Is he himself a government employee or is he in the military and does he reside in Seattle close to the action or is he at arm's length (DC or wherever). Or does Dr. Strauss even know?
Thanks for the updates.
mrloucifer

At this point, even Strauss doesn't know, but she believes that he works for the government. She's had too much military life in her upbringing to ask questions that she knows he's not allowed to answer.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Panomas wrote:BTW: We should organize a petition or something to encourage K.S. after NG1&2 and Flames are out for the next BTS book. Not saying it would really help but it sure couldn't hurt!
I'm desperate-man!

That desperate need for more BTS material is what encouraged me to start writing BTS materials to begin with. :)

That being said, Id been sitting on my "BTS GM/player guide" as I dont think it would get published before the other books, but I may just sit down and try to finish it and send it anyway. In theory, it could be published before the other books.

Question: There is a wealth of BTS materials created in the Rifter (and on the House of BTS for that matter), have you gone through all that material already? And if so, are you now desperate enough to write your own materials for the game? If so, I say go with it. It will keep the spirit alive until the the other books are out. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Fans of Brandon C Clark's artwork would do well to head over to the "Creations" page of the house. He's been kind enough to illustrate Dr. Smythe (my favorite NPC) and I've since updated the character sheet with new details and illustration.

P.S. I working on making October a big month for the House, so keep your eyes open for new stuff coming!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Nice picture, better than the old one for sure. I like the ghost hunting kit too.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

mrloucifer wrote:Fans of Brandon C Clark's artwork would do well to head over to the "Creations" page of the house. He's been kind enough to illustrate Dr. Smythe (my favorite NPC) and I've since updated the character sheet with new details and illustration.

P.S. I working on making October a big month for the House, so keep your eyes open for new stuff coming!

Nice. Can't wait to see what the house has in store for all us mere mortals.
Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

So I see on the House of BTS facebook page you added a new pregen to the Creations page. I found her right quick but when I click on her picture to see her sheet I get a 404 error. I've tried on my PC and my laptop.
mrloucifer

Man, she really is an elusive girl! That's 2 or 3 times now she's disappeared! Well, such are the way things go in the mysterious house of BTS. :eek:

Give her another go, I think she'll hang around this time. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Cool, works now.

That is an old character - she has a Palm Pilot listed on her character sheet. Of course, since it's a device belonging to her father that's been purposed as a psi-mechanic tool it doesn't have to be current, I just thought it was neat.
mrloucifer

Jasper wrote:That is an old character - she has a Palm Pilot listed on her character sheet. Of course, since it's a device belonging to her father that's been purposed as a psi-mechanic tool it doesn't have to be current, I just thought it was neat.

Its spooky the kind of wave length were on... Its one of my older pregens (created in 2007 or so for a Palladium Open House) but smartphone were already on the rise then. I intentionally used a Palm Pilot to represent her father "old toys". :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

Jasper
Explorer

Unread post by Jasper »

Not sure why mrloucifer hasn't posted anything here but he's updated his House of BTS site with another pregen character plus a couple cool looking illustrated evil NPCs. I believe he said they might only be on his site until the end of the month so get them while you can. And if you haven't already join his Facebook group, that's how I didn't miss them.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

I trust the master of the house will let us mortals know about what is new in the house eventually.

But until he graces us with his word, there's some new HLS adventure ideas in the house as well.
mrloucifer

Auyl is correct of course, I will always eventually let you all know.

That ebing said, check the House regularly this month as I try to make the Halloween season a big one in the house.

Like Auyl mentioned, there is a new page of adventures added to the house, with 5 adventure ideas in it...
There are two new Pregens available on the creations page...
and in the news section of the front page, you can find a couple of Slasher movie villain/psychics that will only be available during the Halloween season...
More will be coming soon!
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Jasper wrote: And if you haven't already join his Facebook group, that's how I didn't miss them.

Indeed, its easier for me to post updates on the Facebook page due to having my phone on hand (my phone doesnt like the forums), so if you want the latest info and extra snippets that dont always make it to the site, join the Facebook page. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

A few more slasher villains are lurking around the House of BTS... seek them out, if you dare!
You can find them in the News section of the home page.
–H.P. Lovecraft

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The slashers,are great.
I hope you keep add New Monsters.
Any chance you may add a member of the Court of Tarot?
He or she can be in Adventure,where they are a Rival for the PC,who are after a Powerful Magic item.
mrloucifer

I have one NPC that I'm currently using in my home game; perhaps I'll add him in some day. Then again, I might be inspired to make one and let him roam the house one day.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

I'd like to wish you all a happy Halloween, and issue you all a warning...

Yesterday, all of the psychic residents and visitors at the House of BTS were all abuzz with excitement and fear after experiencing flashes of terror and evil, sensing that someone (or something) ancient and terrible was coming today.

Well, it turns out that their premonitions were correct. I've just heard that Pumpkin Sam has arrived for his annual day of hunting victims and taking their heads. its my understanding that Pumpkin Sam is a long forgotten deity of some kind, armed with a large hatchet, and he's an unstoppable killer!

Palladium freelance artist Kent Burles was kind enough to provide a sketch of him. If you see this creature on the prowl, run the other way, and hope you can keep running until midnight!

The Pumpkin Sam monster sheet is only here for one day, so get him before he vanishes until next year!
–H.P. Lovecraft

Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Haven't actually seen a whole lot of parapsychologist/negapsychic themed postings there in awhile. Tis a bit dead at the moment, however.

Mr L, nice monster. Small editorial bit, bottom of page 3 (first page of actual stat), it looks like part of Vulnerability 1 has been cut off as it says "Only a Fore-Walker using X..." but doesn't follow onto the next page. Like I said, small bit, but since it's a once for the year posting I thought it might matter.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
mrloucifer

Hibik wrote:Mr L, nice monster. Small editorial bit, bottom of page 3 (first page of actual stat), it looks like part of Vulnerability 1 has been cut off as it says "Only a Fore-Walker using X..." but doesn't follow onto the next page. Like I said, small bit, but since it's a once for the year posting I thought it might matter.

Thanks for pointing this out Hibik, I have no idea how the line got cut off (damn gremlins and their Halloween pranks), but I fixed it and added the corrected version to the site, at least until midnight. Note: the line should read "Only a Fire Walker using the “Extinguish Fire” ability can douse such a flame."

For those of you who missed Pumpkin Sam, you'll get an another chance to meet him... next Halloween. :twisted:
Last edited by mrloucifer on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Rappanui wrote:is it better then the lazlo society?

I cant really compare the two sites. The House of BTS isn't the same kind of site as the Lazlo Society. The House of BTS is strictly a fan site for all things Beyond the Supernatural, offering adventure ideas, GM and player advice, gear, monsters, pregenerated characters, NPC's, artwork, and more. I'm a fan of the Lazlo Society and wouldn't dare step on its toes. But hey, feel free to check out the site and see for yourself. :)
–H.P. Lovecraft

mrloucifer

Well, the slashers and Pumpkin Sam have all come and gone for the year. Its makes me sad a little, but all good things must come to an end. Those of you that missed them, you'll get a chance to meet them again next Halloween Season.
–H.P. Lovecraft

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

You did a Excellent job,What are you planing Now?
A New Adventures idea or you add a few More Monsters?
I will love to see a Magic item or weapon ther.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope thers a Update soon.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”