Robotech RPG Tactics game has started development

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Robotech RPG Tactics game has started development

Unread post by AlexM »

The ink is dry on the contract and production development has started, but that means sculpts, rules and everything else are just beginning to get done. We will be doing no heavy lifting on this. As the game pieces and other materials come in for our approval, it'll be "This is perfect!" Or "Could you change this a little?" That sort of thing.

Kevin has decided to not post any further details for now as it is all in the early stages, but I can say the product developer is totally geeked about this project, and has the track record to pull it off.

This product is not primarily aimed at our fans. Some are just not into Robotech, but by entering this new market and product niche, I think Robotech fans in general will like what they see. As a Robotech fan myself, I know I'll want one.

Oh yeah - really yeah,

Alex Marciniszyn
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Robotech Tactical Strategy game has started development

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

AlexM wrote:The ink is dry on the contract and production development has started, but that means sculpts, rules and everything else are just beginning to get done. We will be doing no heavy lifting on this. As the game pieces and other materials come in for our approval, it'll be "This is perfect!" Or "Could you change this a little?" That sort of thing.

Kevin has decided to not post any further details for now as it is all in the early stages, but I can say the product developer is totally geeked about this project, and has the track record to pull it off.

This product is not primarily aimed at our fans. Some are just not into Robotech, but by entering this new market and product niche, I think Robotech fans in general will like what they see. As a Robotech fan myself, I know I'll want one.

Oh yeah - really yeah,

Alex Marciniszyn

Here are some things I think everyone would like to know:

1. Do you intend to produce a scale SDF-1 along with the rest of the figures?

I ask this because the starwars "larger" minatures made by WotC did very poorly and were not seen as "profitable." However, as a long time Robotech/Macross fan I have always wanted a SDF-1. I have been able to get little models via Bandai (which you can view HERE) but as far as I know there are not scale models of the "classic" red and blue SDF-1. I am not sure it this simple factor would mean it would be more sort after than the "ATAT" for the Star Wars miniature line so may be more successful.

2. What sort of quality/detail can we expect to see?

As a consumer that will be buying these miniatures for their display purposes (Again, see the picture I just posted) will these miniatures be on par with the Bandai series mini-jets or should we expect a quality more like what we saw in WotC's Starwars and later D&D miniatures?

3. Transformable or Interchangeable?

No doubt a part of the game will require (or at least utilize) the various fighter configurations. I am assuming this will mean that there will be three VF-1's (Fighter, Guardian and Battleoid) or is it your intention to have tiny, tiny transforming game pieces? The latter would seem impractical to me from a design point but it'd sure be neat.

4. When can we expect to see Photos of you guys holding the prototypes?

I would love if you guys kept a record of the on going creative process (via Kevin's mummers maybe?) and I am sure so would a lot of other people.

5. Boxes or Random Boosters?

How are you guys going to be doing this? I buy a box with 8 random figures or do I buy the mini one at a time? If it is random boosters will Palladium or Harmony Gold make individual figures available for purchase from their website?

Thats all for now!
:)
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

I can say no more at this point.

Alex Marciniszyn
Akashic Soldier
Knight

AlexM wrote:I can say no more at this point.

Alex Marciniszyn

No problem! :ok:

As soon as you can rush back here and let us know! ;)

In the mean time...

Click this. :P
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Dreamstreamer
Wanderer

Unread post by Dreamstreamer »

Yamato displayed a 1/2000 scale SDF-1 in 2009 for the SDF-1's "Space Launching Ceremony".

At that scale, it was about two feet long (60cm). VF-1s at that same scale would be between 1/4" and 1/3" (~7mm). How big were you thinking the VF-1s should be? Remember, the SDF-1 is about 85 VF-1s in length alone.

I think it would be a pretty cool set piece to play on, but dealing with capital ship ranges at the same scale (and at the same time) as fighter combat would quickly get ridiculous, no?
A billion years is too short a time to accomplish everything you can imagine, for imagination is infinite.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Dreamstreamer wrote:I think it would be a pretty cool set piece to play on, but dealing with capital ship ranges at the same scale (and at the same time) as fighter combat would quickly get ridiculous, no?

Of course, but I was just planning to sit them on the shelf in cool poses with the rest of my crap. :P

Its probably better having "Ships" as potential battlegrounds. Setting it up so the SDF-1 is a map you can play on (or a location you can move to by doing something) and it gives some sort of home turf advantage. While "space," "mars," "enemy ships" and such offer the same sort of advantage to the Zentradi (or maybe just penalize the UN Spacy). I don't know, I am just thinking out loud.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

When do we get to here the name of the partnered company? Telling us they are awesome is totally different than seeing for ourselves?
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I know before they lost Battletech Wizkids was looking at acquiring the Robotech Mini's license and had begun sculpting a mega-scale SDF-1 for use in Robotech-clix,( one larger than the Galactus con give away clix...) Both the people who were working on the project were let go from their Respective companies (Kevin Goddard @ Wizkids and Tom Bateman @ Harmony-Gold). I Talked to Tom Bateman in passing about the subject a few years ago... I personally would have enjoyed killing some Battle-tech clix with a few Hover-tanks and Betas....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Icefalcon wrote:When do we get to here the name of the partnered company? Telling us they are awesome is totally different than seeing for ourselves?

knowing how Rabid a few of the members of Robotech Fandom (and hate-dom) are... Keeping it secret for a bit longer might be good, just to give them some breathing room before the spam-mountain of complaints and begging to come in the months ahead... Robotech has alot of Fans.. and even more haters....
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:D Can't wait for it!
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

is there a way to have this thread added to the Robotech forums? and will this game get its own forums in the comming months? or be an expansion of the normal Robotech forums?
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I will be buying it. I probably won't play it because I'm not a fan of games like warhammer, battletech, etc. But its Robotech and I must own it.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Akashic Soldier wrote:(which you can view HERE)

That is awesome!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Icefalcon wrote:When do we get to here the name of the partnered company? Telling us they are awesome is totally different than seeing for ourselves?

I'm sure they will provide info as soon as possible.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:knowing how Rabid a few of the members of Robotech Fandom (and hate-dom) are... Keeping it secret for a bit longer might be good, just to give them some breathing room before the spam-mountain of complaints and begging to come in the months ahead... Robotech has alot of Fans.. and even more haters....

Such a shame, but so true

I really want to know who the sculpters are too
The Dragon Has Spoken
Akashic Soldier
Knight

MikeM wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:(which you can view HERE)

That is awesome!

Thanks, they might look like "kiddy junk" but the little white scribbles in the corner of each of their stands are their statistical data. Its really neat and they're perfectly to scale with one another. Also, they were a pain in the ass to get. I have a complete set (which is more than you see here but they're currently on that DVD stand over in my other house and I haven't been over there in ages.)
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Just talked to Warwolf about this. Neither of us are miniature strategy gamers, but we both wish great success to this line.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
The Galactus Kid

I am a miniature gamer, not super competitive, but I like the genre, and I am stoked about this game.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Alpha 11
Palladin

I'm a HUGE Robotech fan, so I will be getting it. Most likely never play it though. Though when they have another Open House, I would bring my pieces to play with someone.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

my big questions are:

will the plastic mini's be single piece or multi-part kits? (will the miniatures be cast as a single piece, or in model kits to be assembled. or will it depend on figure size?)

will the other time frames (Southern Cross and New Generation) have their figures in the same scale as the Macross saga figures? (given the wide range of mecha sizes in the show, this is a big question, and plays into the question below. if they are all the same scale though, it will make it easier to build terrain for the game, in that you don't have to build three different sizes)

will the rules allow for games using figures from multiple time periods? (will i be able to play out some Bioroids+Zentraedi vs. Invid battles? UEEF Alpha's and cyclones against bioroids? Valkyries and Destroids vs. Invid?)
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, this might answer some people's questions:

weekly update wrote:Robotech® 1/285th scale game pieces, here we come.

so uhhh... akashic, no offense but... at that scale, i believe the SDF-1 would be about 12.5 feet long, according to my 4th printing robotech book (mind you, it only has very vague stats in general). if they did make it, i can't imagine how they would sell it. and if they did sell it, i have my doubts about your ability to display it conveniently...

and in any event, could you imagine trying to move your game piece? :P

(not to mention, they'd have to make it in *both* forms, so you'd need double the space).

(edit: fixed my quote tag)
Last edited by Shark_Force on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Shark_Force wrote:
so uhhh... akashic, no offense but... at that scale, i believe the SDF-1 would be about 12.5 feet long, according to my 4th printing robotech book (mind you, it only has very vague stats in general). if they did make it, i can't imagine how they would sell it. and if they did sell it, i have my doubts about your ability to display it conveniently...

and in any event, could you imagine trying to move your game piece? :P

(not to mention, they'd have to make it in *both* forms, so you'd need double the space).

I'd buy it!
The Galactus Kid

glitterboy2098 wrote:my big questions are:

will the plastic mini's be single piece or multi-part kits? (will the miniatures be cast as a single piece, or in model kits to be assembled. or will it depend on figure size?)

will the other time frames (Southern Cross and New Generation) have their figures in the same scale as the Macross saga figures? (given the wide range of mecha sizes in the show, this is a big question, and plays into the question below. if they are all the same scale though, it will make it easier to build terrain for the game, in that you don't have to build three different sizes)

will the rules allow for games using figures from multiple time periods? (will i be able to play out some Bioroids+Zentraedi vs. Invid battles? UEEF Alpha's and cyclones against bioroids? Valkyries and Destroids vs. Invid?)

Just the bits and pices I've picked up in different mentions of the game by Palladium (NOTE: THIS IS ALL MY SPCULATION BUT NOTHING OFFICIAL)
1) Plastic and metal multi-part kits...maybe just plastic, but I thought I heard that there will be some white metal used. I'm ok either way.
2) All minitures from all time frames will be to scale. This may be problematic for cyclones and things, but we'll see how it is handled.
3) I think that the rules will allow for the types of scenarios you mention, but I don't know for certain. I'm not sure where I read that, and it may be entirely speculation.

Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Just the bits and pices I've picked up in different mentions of the game by Palladium (NOTE: THIS IS ALL MY SPCULATION BUT NOTHING OFFICIAL)
1) Plastic and metal multi-part kits...maybe just plastic, but I thought I heard that there will be some white metal used. I'm ok either way.
2) All minitures from all time frames will be to scale. This may be problematic for cyclones and things, but we'll see how it is handled.
3) I think that the rules will allow for the types of scenarios you mention, but I don't know for certain. I'm not sure where I read that, and it may be entirely speculation.

I'd imagine that if they are going to be to scale, then the cyclones would probably micro-armor size.

Plastic and Metal?.....
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid

Snake Eyes wrote:Plastic and Metal?.....

Primarily plastic with certain parts cast in white metal. I could be wrong though. Privateer Press has done this in the past with upgrade kits based off of existing models. I'm not sure if this is something that is regularly done in the industry though, as I have limited knowledge.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Snake Eyes wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Just the bits and pices I've picked up in different mentions of the game by Palladium (NOTE: THIS IS ALL MY SPCULATION BUT NOTHING OFFICIAL)

I'd imagine that if they are going to be to scale, then the cyclones would probably micro-armor size.

if they are all to the same scale (give or take.. adding an extra mm to the cyclone size wouldn't be a major problem if it means a slighlty more detailed sculpt), cyclones will probably be used in game in Squad sized formations. the individal figures would only be about 7mm high (just a bit bigger than GHQ infantry, seen here on penny's), probably cast in metal because plastic is really fragile at that size, and mounted 2-3 figures to a base.

one nice thing about the 1/285th / 6mm scale is that you have companies like GHQ that make really high quality modern and historical vehicles and infantry, as well as terrain. when you consider the wide array of scifi manufacturers in the same scale, your selection for terrain and supplimentary figures is pretty good.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

if they are all to the same scale (give or take.. adding an extra mm to the cyclone size wouldn't be a major problem if it means a slighlty more detailed sculpt), cyclones will probably be used in game in Squad sized formations. the individal figures would only be about 7mm high (just a bit bigger than GHQ infantry, seen here on penny's), probably cast in metal because plastic is really fragile at that size, and mounted 2-3 figures to a base.

one nice thing about the 1/285th / 6mm scale is that you have companies like GHQ that make really high quality modern and historical vehicles and infantry, as well as terrain. when you consider the wide array of scifi manufacturers in the same scale, your selection for terrain and supplimentary figures is pretty good.

:shock: Wow. Now there is something I think I will want to get into. GHQ looks awsome!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

there is also companies like CinC, Ground Zero Games, Plasma Blast games, Dak Realm Miniatures, and more for figures, including a lot of variety in scifi stuff.

for terrain you have GHQ, ground zero games, Gamecraft Miniatures, xmarx, old Crow, quite a few more... and if your not willing to spend a lot of money, you can find a huge amount of historical, modern, and scifi papercraft (folded paper) buildings you can print off and use.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

I hope they will at least give a date when they will say who is doing it.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Re: Robotech RPG Tactics game has started development

Unread post by AlexM »

Officially, the game is being called Robotech RPG Tactics. I just got that from Kevin just minutes ago. As far as who is doing it, just watch for the Weekly Updates. Kevin will be the primary spokesman on this. And since I flubbed the name of the game already, he has to be.

I know some of you are super excited, but as an employee, I have to do it by the book and Kevin will be the main man for all further info.

Alex Marciniszyn
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Will the First expansion sill be the "Battle of Macros Island".... where he can simulate the heroic events where the SDf-1 runs away from a fight?
Ninjafingers
Wanderer

Unread post by Ninjafingers »

Is the company doing the sculpts also doing the rules?
Juicers are so hopped up on drugs that their reflexes are hyper-fast and the rest of the world around them seems to be moving in slow motion. Which means that they are likely the only ones to be able to keep up with the Palladium rule changes... - Killer Cyborg
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I believe they are.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Like I have said before if the minis look good I will buy them for display.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
übermensch
D-Bee
Comment: Your not as think as you smart you are.

Unread post by übermensch »

Alpha 11 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

:shock: Wow. Now there is something I think I will want to get into. GHQ looks awsome!

Anyone else think it will be Big Fun to unleash the 15th ATAC on unsuspecting 1/285th Panzergruppen?
Akashic Soldier wrote:I'm sorry über.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Ok, simple question from someone completely uninitiated in miniature games - can some please tell me approximately how big/tall the pieces will be in inches? Thanks!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Involved Observer wrote:Ok, simple question from someone completely uninitiated in miniature games - can some please tell me approximately how big/tall the pieces will be in inches? Thanks!

In the case of Macross Veritech's, the plane length is supposed to be 14.2 meters, so 1/258th scale would be about 5.5 centimeters, or a little over 2 inches in US standard. Which I think is comparable to regular D&D mini's, in terms of size.

EDIT: of course, that means Masters-era mecha are going to be TINY. Less than an inch tall (6.2m reduces to 2.4 centimeters, about 1 inch in size for the largest mech, the Spartas Tank). I shudder to think of Cyclone Riders (less than 1 centimeter tall; maybe they'll be in squads...?).
Last edited by Novastar on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

it'll depend slightly on the way they are sculpted, but they'd be 1.5 to 2 inches tall for most of the human mecha in macross, while the Zentraedi mecha would be around 2.5 inches to 3 inches tall.
basically the macross stuff will be about the size of those green plastic army men you buy kids.

Southern cross mecha would be about half that high, since their mecha run half as tall as the macross human mecha in general (~20ft instead of ~40ft), so ASC battloids and master's bioroids would stand about an inch high give or take.
New Generation mecha have a wide range, but the biggest would be inbetween the two, while the smallest figures would only be a quarter of an inch tall (about the size of a small allergy pill)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Last night I read the rules for Ship to Ship combat in Palladium Fantasy and it occurred to me that you can have another rule set all together to manage different styles of combat (and it even recommends using one of the militure games available on the market if you do not write the rules listed there). My next question is, will the Robotech RPG Tactics game be compatible with the Robotech RPG/the Megaversal system; and could it serve as an alternative for handling large-scale military battles?
Alpha 11
Palladin

übermensch wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:

Anyone else think it will be Big Fun to unleash the 15th ATAC on unsuspecting 1/285th Panzergruppen?

:D I could go for that. I actually did something like that in a computer game called Steel Panzers 3. Except I used the equivilent of an oversize battalion/short brigade of circular 1999 US forces(the latest I could get in the game) vs., as close as I could get to my knowledge, of an SS Panzer Division, with some air support, and yes, they were tank heavy, with King Tiger II's and Panthers. :D The US kicked their butts of corse. With only one company of M1A2 Abrams, along with a MechInf. company made with Bradleys, one company of Rangers, one platoon of AT Bradleys, and one platoon of ant-air Bradleys, IIRR.
scottypotty
D-Bee

Unread post by scottypotty »

As primarily a wargamer, I will have to know more before I even consider buying anything. Collectors will buy the models, and many fans will buy books. But if this game doesn't seem to have any longevity, then your regular tabletop gamers won't get into it unless they're fans of robotech. The quality of the product will also have to be extremely high. Privateer press carved a chunk out of games workshop's empire with a high quality product. Now they have rabid fans to keep them going.

A side note....please don't do anything with metal. It' so hard to work with and altar. Stick with plastic or better yet, resin.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

mmmm, Resin. Oh, your not talkin bout my favorite beer from Six Point Brewery made with hops resin? Too bad. Well then, resin pieces sound like a great medium to work in for minis.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
The Galactus Kid

scottypotty wrote:A side note....please don't do anything with metal. It' so hard to work with and altar. Stick with plastic or better yet, resin.

I prefer metal because pieces just feel solid. The problem is the cost.
Plastic is fine as long as the molds are good and there aren't any really thin bits that are bent. Those annoy the snot out of me and are almost impossible to straighten.
My only problem with resin is the possibility to breathe in resin dust when working with it. Its bad news.

Alpha 11
Palladin

scottypotty wrote:As primarily a wargamer, I will have to know more before I even consider buying anything. Collectors will buy the models, and many fans will buy books. But if this game doesn't seem to have any longevity, then your regular tabletop gamers won't get into it unless they're fans of robotech. The quality of the product will also have to be extremely high. Privateer press carved a chunk out of games workshop's empire with a high quality product. Now they have rabid fans to keep them going.

A side note....please don't do anything with metal. It' so hard to work with and altar. Stick with plastic or better yet, resin.

It looks like Palladium has a high hurtal to overcome. I hope they don't trip.
scottypotty
D-Bee

Unread post by scottypotty »

The Galactus Kid wrote:My only problem with resin is the possibility to breathe in resin dust when working with it. Its bad news.

Yes, breathing in any dust is bad for you. The amount of exposure needs to be pretty high. So if you plan to do a lot of filing, or grinding on resin models you should wear a dust mask. You can also wet your files to collect the dust. But working on a few models is no more dangerous than getting blackout drunk and killing brain cells, or smoking. It's all about risk management. The advantage of resin is that it holds the finest detail while remaining easy to work with. But that being said, I would be surprised if any of the robotech models actually were resin.

I am more curious to know which company will be making the models. Palladium as quality control is good, but the game needs playtesting as well. I assume there will be extensive playtesting by the palladium staff and also non-biased 3rd parties. And if this business venture works, I can see the experience go toward creating a viable Rifts wargame. That, I would buy.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:is there a way to have this thread added to the Robotech forums? and will this game get its own forums in the comming months? or be an expansion of the normal Robotech forums?

Done
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Alpha 11
Palladin

scottypotty wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:My only problem with resin is the possibility to breathe in resin dust when working with it. Its bad news.

Yes, breathing in any dust is bad for you. The amount of exposure needs to be pretty high. So if you plan to do a lot of filing, or grinding on resin models you should wear a dust mask. You can also wet your files to collect the dust. But working on a few models is no more dangerous than getting blackout drunk and killing brain cells, or smoking. It's all about risk management. The advantage of resin is that it holds the finest detail while remaining easy to work with. But that being said, I would be surprised if any of the robotech models actually were resin.

I am more curious to know which company will be making the models. Palladium as quality control is good, but the game needs playtesting as well. I assume there will be extensive playtesting by the palladium staff and also non-biased 3rd parties. And if this business venture works, I can see the experience go toward creating a viable Rifts wargame. That, I would buy.

I hope you are right on all accounts. I would also love to have a Rifts version.
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I know this is early but after Macross era we will get Robotech Masters/SC and New Generation?!

:D
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Alpha 11
Palladin

MilkManX wrote:I know this is early but after Macross era we will get Robotech Masters/SC and New Generation?!

:D

That's what they say. And I hope they keep their promish.
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

Me too. I love Macross as much as the next guy but I would love to have some Robotech Masters mini's!!
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”