3 Quick Submission Questions

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

3 Quick Submission Questions

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

It's late and my search-fu is weak, so I'm just going to ask some stuff:

1) If I've written several articles, is it okay to bundle them all together or do they need to be submitted separately?

2) If they can all be lumped in together, do is it matter if each article is for a different game? One for H.U., one for Dead Reign, etc?

3) Is it okay to use a pseudenym? I've written stuff elsewhere under a pen-name, and I'd like to keep using that, if I may.

Thanks!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: 3 Quick Submission Questions

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) You will need a "Unsolicited submission form" for each article.

3) you are going to have to talk, suggest by phone call, to Wayne about that one.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Send them together but on your cover letter (you have done a cover letter?) just indicate they are three seperate items and ensure they are packaged that way (ie staple each one together or make it three different attachments in the email).

I believe psuedonyms are ok as long as the NDA is accurate, but speak to Wayne Smith on that one.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Thank you both; most helpful. :)

The Dark Elf - as a fellow Brit, can I ask how you usually get in touch with Wayne Smith? A phone call might be a bit tricky, given cost and time difference: is email correspondence usually okay?

EDIT: Oh, got another question! I've checked the submission guidelines and they state that stuff you have online already can be considered for publication, but does that include writing that you have/have had on these boards? Or at least an expanded, edited, improved version of it? Is that okay, if your original work is deleted from the thread in question? :?
Last edited by Senator Cybus on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler

Panomas wrote:Shooting a PM to Alex M. with your questions is probably the fastest option; besides calling. Just know that if you do call it is unlikely to get Wayne directly, though I beleive Alex usually answers the phone and would be able to answer your questions.

Ah, thank you!

and GL with your submissions- :ok:

Edit: (no I'm not the Dark Elf; but he is busy plotting his next soucebook submission...Aren't you?)

Well, as a matter of fact, I - er, actually, best not to try to run before I can walk! :lol:
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Senator Cybus wrote:Thank you both; most helpful. :)

The Dark Elf - as a fellow Brit, can I ask how you usually get in touch with Wayne Smith? A phone call might be a bit tricky, given cost and time difference: is email correspondence usually okay?

EDIT: Oh, got another question! I've checked the submission guidelines and they state that stuff you have online already can be considered for publication, but does that include writing that you have/have had on these boards? Or at least an expanded, edited, improved version of it? Is that okay, if your original work is deleted from the thread in question? :?

I'll PM you.

But as a fellow Brit - why are you not round my house every Friday playing PFRPG?!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Panomas wrote:Edit: (no I'm not the Dark Elf; but he is busy plotting his next soucebook submission...Aren't you?)

I have done a map of a city but Im not that happy with it - it was bloody difficult though so it may have to stand. Then Ive the final notes for game mechanics for 23 events to finish playtesting (again, too difficult to imagine). I wont start writing up my notes on Phi & Lopan until I know how well the Lopanic Games is received (if it's received at all - it is probably poorly written with ideas that are way of Kevins - I dont get a chance to bounce ideas of the man so I may have written 90 pages of drivel that was never gonna be published in the first place!). In the meantime Ive 6-7 Rifter article ideas to have a stab at (across all lines) - Currently taking my time with a N&S adventure as well as working on a special "thing" for PFRPG (not a Rifter article).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Senator Cybus wrote:Thank you both; most helpful. :)

I'll PM you.

But as a fellow Brit - why are you not round my house every Friday playing PFRPG?!

Because you're a rubbish GM. :D

As another Brit, re. phoning Wayne Smith - just wait until everyone else from work has gone home and use work's phone! Sorted. It's a victimless crime. Like necrophilia.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Soldier of Od wrote:Because you're a rubbish GM. :D

Your charatcer dies...

Soldier of Od wrote:It's a victimless crime. Like necrophilia.

Guess what happens to your dead characters corpse...
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”