Walking Grave

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Walking Grave

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

If you HAD to fight a Walking Grave how would you kill it? What would be your strategy?
ZS01
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Walking Grave

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Nuke it from orbit.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives. The trick is not to be around when they go off. ;-)
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

see the high explosives would be my first chose (but being a GM i know they only take half damge) as my PCs found out the hard way. when they hit one with 3 or 4 shot from an RPG to little or no efect. but if i was in the game and i say that think coming i would s**t myself and run.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Nuke it from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure. :)

Seriously I think explosives are the right answer. You could try to pick it off one head at a time, but you are going to burn through your precious precious ammo...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
ZombieSlayer01
D-Bee

Unread post by ZombieSlayer01 »

I asked my friends the same question and they say to blow it up into managable pieces and then take care of each piece by burning it.
ZS01
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Not really sure that Explosives would be your friend here.

For one thing, as gruesome as it sounds, biomass is actually pretty good at absorbing explosions, so you probably wouldn't be able to take it out in one go or even several goes.

Even worse....due to the construction of the thing, your blasts would very likely only splinter the monster into several smaller, fully functional Walking Graves....all centered on you, spread out by the explosion(s) in multiple directions (perhaps even surrounding you afterwards) and closing in on your position fast..

Perhaps a wide-ranging spray of Napalm or Phosphorus grenades might work better instead, gotta think on this one......
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I forget the 'stats' on it, but, how aboout a tank? Just roll over it, back up. Roll over it. Back up. Roll over it. Back up. Till you evenutally crush the heads inside? I didn't read that one close because it's a bit too big for the groups I run. (( 4 or 5 people with out huge huge military supply cashes or anything))

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

Draw the thing into a prepared position. Have a semi-circle of claymores (which have ball bearings that shoot from it and are as effective as bullets) pointing at the spot you draw it to at various heights. Once the "bait" got out of the way, you trigger the claymores. After that, you have someone on a heavy machine gun open up. At the same time, the rest of the group will take nice aimed shots from elevated positions. Every once in a while, have someone toss in a grenade into the target area. Sometime in there you have someone drop a stack of steel I-beams on the monster to pin it. Next you toss oil on the thing and set it on fire. Sit back and pick of any smaller pieces that break off from the main. When done, get the heck out of dodge.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I forget the 'stats' on it, but, how aboout a tank? Just roll over it, back up. Roll over it. Back up. Roll over it. Back up. Till you evenutally crush the heads inside? I didn't read that one close because it's a bit too big for the groups I run. (( 4 or 5 people with out huge huge military supply cashes or anything))

You know, I don't see a size range in the discription (which must be a mistake). However the dipiction of the first Mass Grave Zombie looks about as big (or bigger) than a tank. Plus they have an ungodly amount of SDC. So much so, theat they could almoast be considered MDC <shudder>.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Hystrix wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I forget the 'stats' on it, but, how aboout a tank? Just roll over it, back up. Roll over it. Back up. Roll over it. Back up. Till you evenutally crush the heads inside? I didn't read that one close because it's a bit too big for the groups I run. (( 4 or 5 people with out huge huge military supply cashes or anything))

You know, I don't see a size range in the discription (which must be a mistake). However the dipiction of the first Mass Grave Zombie looks about as big (or bigger) than a tank. Plus they have an ungodly amount of SDC. So much so, theat they could almoast be considered MDC <shudder>.

Yeah but still. It's sdc flesh all zombified. I've seen tanks just roll through cars which are made of steel or walls of cinderblock. I'm just curious if the tank could basicly goosh it till it died.

If so a bulldozer or the like could do so as well (( You'd have to coccon the driver's compartment of course))

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

Yeah but still. It's sdc flesh all zombified. I've seen tanks just roll through cars which are made of steel or walls of cinderblock. I'm just curious if the tank could basicly goosh it till it died.

If so a bulldozer or the like could do so as well (( You'd have to coccon the driver's compartment of course))

You might be right. They are just a gooey mass. But 1000 SDC is hardly anything to scoff at. Besides where dose your average survivor get a working tank, or even a bulldozer. Most don't have that in thier equipment list.
Icefalcon
Champion

You could get bulldozers (or other large construction vehicles) almost anywhere. They are found in many areas and the only obstacle is making sure they have the fuel to run.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Icefalcon wrote:You could get bulldozers (or other large construction vehicles) almost anywhere. They are found in many areas and the only obstacle is making sure they have the fuel to run.

Exactly this. Heck you drive 20 miles down any highwayy and you're going to find a 'Construction zone" but anywhere they're building stuff will have them. :)

And yes, you're 100% right that tanks aren't easy to find or just anywhere, but my logic was a sort of two tier thing. If it works for Tanks. Could you just do it with a bulldozer with a pilot's compartment with some sheet metal welded on.

1000 sdc is ___NOTHING___ to scoff at.. but how many dice damage is getting gooshed by a 67 ton vehicle? I gotta think what ever die you go with, the multiplyer is going to be X100 be it 1D6X100 or 6D6X100 ect.

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:You could get bulldozers (or other large construction vehicles) almost anywhere. They are found in many areas and the only obstacle is making sure they have the fuel to run.

Exactly this. Heck you drive 20 miles down any highwayy and you're going to find a 'Construction zone" but anywhere they're building stuff will have them. :)

And yes, you're 100% right that tanks aren't easy to find or just anywhere, but my logic was a sort of two tier thing. If it works for Tanks. Could you just do it with a bulldozer with a pilot's compartment with some sheet metal welded on.

1000 sdc is ___NOTHING___ to scoff at.. but how many dice damage is getting gooshed by a 67 ton vehicle? I gotta think what ever die you go with, the multiplyer is going to be X100 be it 1D6X100 or 6D6X100 ect.

Again. IF you happen to have a bulldozer handy. Hey a .50 machine gun would do wonders, if you have one. However, if you just happen to run across a mass grave what are you going to do?

"Hey, guys hold this thing off while I go find a bull dozer!" :-? :?

I agree 1000 SDC is gonna get sqished fast with the proper tools (tank, bull dozer, etc). You just have to have said item with you. There lies the rub.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Hystrix wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Again. IF you happen to have a bulldozer handy. Hey a .50 machine gun would do wonders, if you have one. However, if you just happen to run across a mass grave what are you going to do?

"Hey, guys hold this thing off while I go find a bull dozer!" :-? :?

I agree 1000 SDC is gonna get sqished fast with the proper tools (tank, bull dozer, etc). You just have to have said item with you. There lies the rub.

I imagine, and this is just me... but you're 'never' going to just have enough stuff in your pack to take out a walking grave if you come across one. That's a 'OH FRAK! Run. Hide. Evade. Regroup. Find a way to kill it. Then come back. Type situation.

Where in you go 'Hey GM that construction site we passed a few miles back where we found some tools.... you mentioned a bulldozer there right?

RUN FOR THE DOZER! lol yeah it'll end up being a bit of a set peice, but so are walking graves. Throwing one at your group with NO way to beat it , (( or escape)) is kinda mean.

azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Pssh, I keep a GE CAL .50 minigun in my backpocket along with a 500rnd drum of ammo.

Just hose the thing.
Icefalcon
Champion

I know in my game, there will not be a walking grave just there unless I want it there. I will not throw one at the players unless they are able to find something to take it on with. Maybe they are at a military base when they find it and have just found the last two LAW rockets, maybe a .50 machine gun instead with limited rounds. Maybe there was a bulldozer down the road they could use. Maybe they find it near a construction crane and they decide to use to the crane to lift it in the air and then release the hook to let it drop 14 stories to squish on the sidewalk. I would never have them come up against it with no way to at least fall back and regroup to take it on.
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Well according to something I read in 1 of the books the damage is 1D6 for every 100 lbs of weight so 67 x 2,000 = 134,000 / 100 = 1D6x1,340 points of damage. Now the trick is luring it near a parking structure and driving the tank or bulldozer off from the 3rd floor to squash it really good.

Me I think if I knew a WG were in the area I would get said bulldozer or back hoe and dig a deep pit, 20 feet at the minimum and fill it with the strongest acid I could find then lure the WG into said pit and quickly leave the area.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
omega2672
D-Bee

Unread post by omega2672 »

Nuke it til it glows, then pick it off in the dark!

seriously though, dig a BIG pit at least 20 feet deeper that the WG is tall and 10 feet wider. soak it with gas or some other highly flammable substance, lure the big beastieinto the pit, dump several more 55 gallon drums of said favorite flammable substance in and through in a lit flare. sit back and watch the fireball, pull out the marshmellows and roast them.
"Hold onto your lifelines Gents, it's going to be a bumpy ride!" Captain Amelia, Treasure Planet
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Michael Barakofsky wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Well according to something I read in 1 of the books the damage is 1D6 for every 100 lbs of weight so 67 x 2,000 = 134,000 / 100 = 1D6x1,340 points of damage. Now the trick is luring it near a parking structure and driving the tank or bulldozer off from the 3rd floor to squash it really good.

Me I think if I knew a WG were in the area I would get said bulldozer or back hoe and dig a deep pit, 20 feet at the minimum and fill it with the strongest acid I could find then lure the WG into said pit and quickly leave the area.

Why would you need to jump on it Michael Bay style? Just roll straight for it. Flesh gets ground up by bulldozer/tank treds realllllllllllllllly easily.

Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Why would you need to jump on it Michael Bay style? Just roll straight for it. Flesh gets ground up by bulldozer/tank treds realllllllllllllllly easily.

Well the damage code I was quoting is for a heavy weight falling on something hence the need to drop from the 3rd floor of a parking structure.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
wick
Wanderer

Unread post by wick »

Lure it to a gas stationed that you have rigged to explode. That would be fairly easy to do and no need for uncommon or exotic weapons (much less the skills needed to use them). Baring that you could molotov the thing and let it burn. Of course, expect collateral damage to the area since their is no Fire Dept anymore. probably best to lure it away to a remote area and lob molotovs from the back of a pickup that is staying ahead of it, until it burns out.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Well the damage code I was quoting is for a heavy weight falling on something hence the need to drop from the 3rd floor of a parking structure.

I'm just talking about a multi ton tracked vehicle gooshing you as it rolls across you.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

wick wrote:Lure it to a gas stationed that you have rigged to explode. That would be fairly easy to do and no need for uncommon or exotic weapons (much less the skills needed to use them). Baring that you could molotov the thing and let it burn. Of course, expect collateral damage to the area since their is no Fire Dept anymore. probably best to lure it away to a remote area and lob molotovs from the back of a pickup that is staying ahead of it, until it burns out.

Much better uses out there for a station tank fulla gas.

Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Exactly this. Heck you drive 20 miles down any highwayy and you're going to find a 'Construction zone" but anywhere they're building stuff will have them. :)

I'm just talking about a multi ton tracked vehicle gooshing you as it rolls across you.

Ok, I guess then maybe half the falling damage then and call it 1D6x670 for running over something. I had an idea but it turned out bust, I checked my Rifts Mercenaries book the section with the Iron Heart tanks thinnking they might have damage listed for raming and running over but they don't. So what I have posted is the best I can do to answer the question of how much damage would be done.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Or just a propane canister rigged with a small pyrotechnic charge to rupture and ignite the full propane tank. It would certainly be energetic enough to blast the thing apart. There might be enough of a couple of the component zombies left alive to come crawling after you, but it should be enough to destroy most of the walking grave.

Return to “Dead Reign™”