Cyborg Ability Scores

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Cyborg Ability Scores

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Hey,

I was just wondering how you guys handle your Combat Cyborgs PS and PP?

Do you roll them like normal and then if they are lower than 10 just raise them to 10 and if they end up higher than 32 do you just lower them to 32?

I know how you handle it in game but I am just not sure how it is handled at character creation. Any clarification would be much welcomed.

EDIT: If something is a House Rule please mention it as such, if it is a canon rule please list what book and where I can find it. That'd be great! Thanks Guys!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
llywelyn
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Cyborg Ability Scores

Unread post by llywelyn »

I could see rolling PE to determine things if the Central Brain Storage Vat got compromised, etc, but pretty sure the original body's PS and PP are useless, unless you wanted to create backstory.

"Oh, you rolled a three. (a) Add 4 points to your IQ. (b) Explains wanting to get some decent metal legs."

Obviously, that's exploitable: roll chargen until you've got PS and PP 6 or below; add both bonuses from RUE; rebuild the body. Don't know if it's specifically prohibited, though: many people chose OCCs after seeing what their stats look like.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

PE tends to make more sense for partial conversion cyborgs rather than full conversion. I've always wondered if it would make more sense for all cyborgs to have some base PE and random roll only part of the score, like a PE of 10+1d6, and then certain enhancements would increase the PE score such as a bionic lung, food processing unit, oxygen recyclers, etc. Most borgs probably have pretty high physical endurance scores from the conversion alone just as they have more strength and prowess.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Yes, you roll for everything. Take a look at the Character creation rules in the book and go down the list. You clearly roll attributes before you pick an OCC. By the books, anyone who decided "I want to make a cyborg" and skips rolling PS and PP are doing houserules. By creation order you can't decide that until after your PE, ect., is rolled.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Roll your attributes
Select your OCC/PCC/RCC
Modify Attributes based on OCC, Skills, etc...

In The End ... Full Conversion Cyborgs' PS, PP, PE, Spd will be replaced with the bionic attributes your select or buy up (depending on which version you go with). It is easier to use a Pre-generated Cyborg Body Model Series, and make adjustments to that later on.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

If for no other reason than there's a slight but non-zero chance of a cyborg being restored to full humanity thanks to a handful of spells around a cyborg should roll all stats for their normal physical body before doing the conversion rules for building a full-conversion cyborg body (or purchasing a standard model like Triax has lots of).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Return to “Rifts®”