Systems Failure Online Game

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tearstone
Adventurer

Systems Failure Online Game

Unread post by Tearstone »

How many of you would be interested in an online game?

It could be either chat based, or play by post.

It would be intended as a serious to semi-serious game and could possibly be a very long-running game. A lot of material would be used from the fan pages and fan information, as well as Rifter material and standard source material in the main book.

EDIT: This does not mean that just because you wrote up an O.C.C. that you think is awesome and win that you will get to use it. All fan material is subject to GM review and possible modification. It will be subject to approval, and will require impressive background and historical information, and a complete character sheet (if given the greenlight to try it) the farther from the game fit the character's origins are.

I would consider running it as close to Systems Failure primary material as possible, but some O.C.C.'s from other settings would be allowed, as would the updated skills list.

Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by Tearstone on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Zamion138
Hero

Re: Systems Failure Online Game

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Id play a play by post game, work schedual shifts to often to promise to be some where at a certain time. But id love to play.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Well, with play-by-post format, you can post every so often, like every few days. Only problem is it can be quite slow sometimes.

Tearstone
Adventurer

Some notes... Dead Reign material may be acceptable, especially the Hound Master, Ordinary Person, Scrounger, and Soldier OCC's. Shepherd of the Damned is possible, but would go by another name. Reapers are going to be scrutinized, but could still be acceptable. Not because I don't like them, but because they might not fit right. And could be considered a variation of Splatterpunk.

Beyond the Supernatural Ordinary People OCC would be allowed, as it's almost identical to the Dead Reign version. Other Beyond the Supernatural classes would be allowed, with a little conversion.

The skills lists from BtS2nd ED and Dead Reign will be in use. Rifts: Ultimate Edition should also be acceptable for a skills list. Of course Systems Failure skills are still perfectly acceptable.

As a GM I would be expecting a certain minimum level of completion for character sheets. The more complete and well-written the character's background is, the more rewards the character will start off with, including XP bonuses, better weapons and gear.

If you have read to this point, and still think you would still be interested, lemme know.

I will be hosting the game on The Storm Watch. Provided there is enough interest, of course.

Solarius
D-Bee

Unread post by Solarius »

i'd be interested in a pbp and do u have isssue with the splicer occ?
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Tearstone wrote:Well, with play-by-post format, you can post every so often, like every few days. Only problem is it can be quite slow sometimes.

just make at least one post every other day at the least or your docked xp untill you delevel to death..... I can post everyday...its the sitting down for 4 hours on a certain day I can't do.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I'd be interested in playing a pbp as well. Must warn though, never played SF, though I do own the book and like the game (just never had anyone to play it with).
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Tearstone
Adventurer

Cool to know, Observer.

What kind of games do you prefer?

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Tearstone wrote:Cool to know, Observer.

What kind of games do you prefer?

Ones where I don't have to be the GM! :lol:

Seriously though, I'm up for whatever kind you want to throw at us. This would be my first PBP game (I usually do Rifts or PF with a small group around a table in my kitchen), so I'm really very interested in seeing how it works and what I could bring to the table, so to speak.

Were you planning on the characters being based out of NORAD or an independent group? Any preferences as to the types of O.C.C.s you'd like to see in the group?
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Solarius
D-Bee

I like some RP and action but other than that i'm usually good
Tearstone
Adventurer

I would prefer fresh, new characters vs trying to import a previously rolled OR written character.

Further notes: This game is most likely going to be in the Midwest of America as part of the Great American Bug Hunt. NORAD will be seeking to consolidate a foothold by coordinating efforts from local militia and mercenary units. Expect to see things like the Lone Star Cavalry making appearances.

Support from or for the Gulf States could come into play as well.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

When do you want the character sheets by? And do you care what format they're in (I usually use a custom Excel spreadsheet, but don't object to using something else)?

Tearstone
Adventurer

INvolved, send me a blank sheet of yours to guardian.mind@gmail.com I'd like to take a look at it. I might adopt it for my own use.

We will see.

Solarius
D-Bee

I generally just use notepad and have a system of mine own that I use to right out my stats but if you find a prefreed method an can get me a copy i'd be happy to do it that way
Tearstone
Adventurer

I do have a preferred format, which I'll post shortly. I also need Nimmy to set me up a board on The Storm Watch, but I can't seem to pin him down long enough to get it done. Work and all that, I suppose.

But that can wait a few days as I can take sheets by email or board PM.

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Tearstone wrote:INvolved, send me a blank sheet of yours to guardian.mind@gmail.com I'd like to take a look at it. I might adopt it for my own use.

We will see.

Ok, character sheet example has been sent.

I'm still mulling over the various O.C.C.s in the Systems Failure book. I don't have Dead Reign or Beyond the Supernatural. How soon do you want the character sheets?

Tearstone
Adventurer

Alright boys and girls. The basic board is up, but is not open for play yet.

I have several interested parties in the game, so get stuff to me as soon as you can.

If you don't have an account on The Storm Watch, now is the time to make one.

The Storm watch can be found at: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/index.php

You can find the game board here for my game: http://thedeificnmi.com/maelstrom/viewforum.php?f=104

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

:( Upon further consideration of my overly busy life, I'm afraid I'll have to bow out of the game before it even begins. So sorry. I'm really bummed too because I have an awesome background story for the character I wanted to run, but I can't find the time to actually sit down and write it! Any chance that I could join the game later this summer once I get a few commitments out of the way?

Tearstone
Adventurer

If the game is still on, most likely.

Thanks for your interest so far, and thank you for getting in touch.

Return to “Systems Failure™”