What was old is now new again

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Re: What was old is now new again

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Welcome back, brother. Well met!
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

WB!

If you fancy buying another book. Books 6, Islnad at the edge of the World is a FANTASTIC campaign book and is still written to 1st edition.

Any questions on PFRPG you're in the right place to ask.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Looks like its on back order. Buy the PDF version on Drivethrurpg.com
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

chello!

Welcome back!

You can find then relatively cheap on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palladium-RPG-2 ... 3cb46f1e4c
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Silent Knight wrote:Hello all. I have been playing Palladium games since Robotech first came out way back when. Shortly after that I discovered revised HU and loved it, still play Hu to this day. Though we have advanced to 2nd edition it is still the same continuity. From there found out about Beyond the Supernatural and Rifts when it was first published. I was able to get the first copy right out of the delivery box at the game store I went to back then. I have played Knight Spawn, Ninjas and Super spies, Recon, Mystic China, even that weird sci-fi book that they did as a second party. I just wanted to give a little of the history I have with Palladium.

And now the reason for this post.

Some pals and I were talking about what games we used to play and what we liked about them. No surprise that most said that it was D&D, myself included. From there the talk turned to fantasy games in general and ended with us deciding that they all wanted to play one. So they left it up to me to decide what I wanted to run. I wasn't sure what I wanted to run for sure, our talk had gotten me a little nostalgic for some of my old books. When I returned home I went down to the Archive visit some old memories. When I was down there I found my old copy of PFRPG 1st ed.

I had forgotten how great that book was. From that one book I ran so many games. I didn't need any source books or moduals or anything. Though I do have the 1st ed of monsters and animals, another great book.That one book was the world. Reading through it I was reminded why I fell in love with the Palladium system. While reading it again plots and ideas just leaped into my head. Nothing against 2nd, but that never happened while reading through it.

So now I am getting ready to run a 1st ed Palladium Fantasy game and I am so excited.

I know retro gaming is kinda cool right now...I wish I got into Palladium Fantasy when it first came out. I would've saved a crap ton of money that I blew on D&D and Warhammer RPG.

Let us know how yer game goes.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Wōdwulf Seaxaning
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Wōdwulf Seaxaning »

Nice... PF was the first non-AD&D fantasy game I played in. I have the revised 1st ed. PF & 2nd. Ed PF main books. Not sure which I'd prefer to play..guess I'll have to spend some time rereading both to see.I may end up mixing bits n' pieces since I own 1st ed Old Ones & 2nd ed. AotHS n' Monsters & Animals 2nd ed.
Better Dead than Red!
F**k AntiFa! F**k Nazis! F**k Communists!
Deckard1973
D-Bee

Unread post by Deckard1973 »

I bought the PF sale package: PF 2nd edition, Hinterlands and Land of the Damned . . . I like it!
A lot of good material here for many game sessions, a comic book series or a book trilogy.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Also Noble Knight is a good source for old books:
http://www.nobleknight.com/
I personally am running a 2nd Ed PF game, and my players are enjoying it. Have incorporated a 1st edition adventure, Nargash Tor, which went very well.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

Silent Knight wrote:When I was down there I found my old copy of PFRPG 1st ed.

I had forgotten how great that book was. From that one book I ran so many games. I didn't need any source books or moduals or anything. Though I do have the 1st ed of monsters and animals, another great book.That one book was the world. Reading through it I was reminded why I fell in love with the Palladium system. While reading it again plots and ideas just leaped into my head. Nothing against 2nd, but that never happened while reading through it.

So now I am getting ready to run a 1st ed Palladium Fantasy game and I am so excited.

With any luck, I'm going to do the same thing. I should have my copy in storage at my parents from when I was in the Army ages ago.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

Most of my PFRPG Hard Copies are first/revised edition. and for the record, the revised edition is the 1st edition with fix's.

@Silent Knight.
It might have been helpful for you to mention to your friend that the Version of PFRPG you were planning to run with came out in the early to mid 1980's which definately Pre-Dates Rifts.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”