Skill for the TX-6 and other other cartridge weapons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rc_brooks
Explorer

Skill for the TX-6 and other other cartridge weapons

Unread post by rc_brooks »

So what is the right skill to use with the TX-6 and TX-5? Are they considered grenade launchers, handguns or other?
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Skill for the TX-6 and other other cartridge weapons

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I use Energy Pistol for M.D. weapons too. I could also see a GM only allowing W.P. Revolver, but I use Energy Weapons for simplicity's sake.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The TX-16 is described as "The pump rifle is a ne concept in mega-damage assault rifles that uses projectiles rather than energy blasts. Some have called the TX-16 a glorified grenade launcher or shotgun..." The TX-5 is basically a pistol version.

It appears that these weapons are supposed to fall under the conventional Pistol and Rifle WP selections, or possibly WP Heavy depending on how you look at it.
The Galactus Kid

TX-6 is in Triax 2 and is a Revolver. TX-16 is the rifle in WB:5. They are different weapons. There is also a TX-17 pump round assault rifle in Triax 2.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

According to RUE, WP Energy Pistol and WP Energy Rifle also covers MD projectile weapons. (pg 360)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:According to RUE, WP Energy Pistol and WP Energy Rifle also covers MD projectile weapons. (pg 360)

There you go again with your "facts"...
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
The Galactus Kid

Mack wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:According to RUE, WP Energy Pistol and WP Energy Rifle also covers MD projectile weapons. (pg 360)

There you go again with your "facts"...

hahaha. stupid rules.

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

illogical, maybe... but "stupid"?
It's not like we were not already used to the former, and hadn't seen worse cases of the latter
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
The Galactus Kid

Svartalf wrote:illogical, maybe... but "stupid"?
It's not like we were not already used to the former, and hadn't seen worse cases of the latter

Yeah. Just kidding around, Svarty. For ease of use, it kind of makes sense.

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Good find! I was focusing on the skill descriptions themselves that only speak towards energy-beam weapons. :ok:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

rc_brooks wrote:So what is the right skill to use with the TX-6 and TX-5? Are they considered grenade launchers, handguns or other?

Despite what RUE says on page 360, I'd rule that you need WP Handguns to properly utilize the TX-5 and TX-6.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

jedi078 wrote:
rc_brooks wrote:So what is the right skill to use with the TX-6 and TX-5? Are they considered grenade launchers, handguns or other?

Despite what RUE says on page 360, I'd rule that you need WP Handguns to properly utilize the TX-5 and TX-6.

Also I'd say WP Shotgun for the TX-16 and WP Rifle for TX-17.

WP Energy wouldn't train to account for recoild/kickback of the weapon where the above WP's would.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

jaymz wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

Also I'd say WP Shotgun for the TX-16 and WP Rifle for TX-17.

WP Energy wouldn't train to account for recoild/kickback of the weapon where the above WP's would.

Which is pretty much my take considering that MDC projectiles have been around since the Rifts MB (cybernetic finger gun) and even earlier if one considers Robotech. The Rifts MB discription does not suggest that projectiles like this are covered, and modern WP for Robotech (1E) are non-existant for the most part.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Rogue_Scientist wrote:Honestly? I just use "WP Energy Weapon" for anything MDC.

There are too many weapon proficiencies skills. A handgun is a handgun. A rifle is a rifle. *shrug*

I find it ludicrous that learning "Medical Doctor" and "Advanced Mathematics" takes up the same single skill selection that "WP Knife" consumes. I can't tell you how much more time people put into learning advanced mathematics than you can possibly spend learning fancy ways to stab things.

I found him! I found the guy that watches Numb3rs! :P
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

WP Handguns, or WP Revolver if using old rules.
Fun fact, in the old rules there was no listing for semi-automatic handguns, only revolvers and fully automatic handguns had a WP in RMB. Though considering that the Pump Pistol was the only non-revolver single-trigger-pull-single-round-fired non-energy pistol back then, and might still be, we just lumped it in with the revolver WP as it specifically handled that category at the time.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.

Return to “Rifts®”