Nimmy's view on Metamorph O.C.C. Rifter 51

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Nimmy's view on Metamorph O.C.C. Rifter 51

Unread post by NMI »

First, if you have not ordered a copy of Rifter #51, what the heck are you waiting for? Go get it now or Slappy will feed you to a Librarian.

Let me say this right off the bat, when I hear the word metamorph, I think of your typical shapechanger - Mystique [X-Men], Odo [Deep Space 9] and even people like Colossus.
What slappy with his words and Premier with his art did with the "Metamorph" is give it whole new meaning.

Basically it is a variation of the Biotic of sorts, in the way that a human is modified with a genetic gift as opposed to wearing living / host armor.
Looking at the individual as a human, you would not suspect a thing. Your mistake.

Basics: What it boils down to is this: All `morphs have at minimum 2 forms. Their human form and the default combat form. The human form never gets any special abilities from Bio-E Enhancements. Bio-E spent goes to your "forms".
With said Bio-E, you can soup up your combat form per book rules, OR you can by additional forms. Form costs vary, depending on the form. You get [M.E. + P.E.] + 3D6x10+60 @ First level. A lot? Sure, but the librarians and all involved want to see how far the human body can be pushed. The cheapest form to purchase is the "Armored Form", while the most expensive is the "Heavy Assault Form". Including the standard "Combat Form" that all morphs have, there are a total of 15 forms [includes base human form as well]. Angelic form, demonic, spider, bruiser, etc.. to name a few. So for "options" and dodging the "cookie cutter" OCC plague, I give this high marks. Various bonuses to stats, combat, etc are given for each form. Yup, more math. It wouldnt be Splicers if math was not involved.

Changing Forms: If you going to a larger form, you have to eat alot of food in the amount equal to 2 times the weight of the larger form you are going into, minus your current weight. As you eat, the food is absorbed, sacks / bladders are formed on your body. Really gross. Takes a few days. Going into a smaller form then your current does not require any food. Just the ability for onlookers to hold onto their lunch as your body breaks down and reshifts, bones break, realign, etc... as the new smaller you feeds on your existing mass to form its new self. Takes a couple of minutes. My only drawback to this that there is no mentioning of how long it should take to eat said amounts of food. Also, alternatives to "food" should be made, such as perhaps diving into a gene-pool for speediness in transformation. Or perhaps drinking a variant "Elixir of Life". Still, not a deal breaker.

Enhancements: All forms, purchased can have Bio-E enhancements purchased. Each purchase only affects that form. However, if you wanted to purchase an enhancement and have it affect all forms [both currently owned and possible future purchases], merely pay double the cost. Simplicity, yet plenty of options.Some forms get initial enhancements, while others dont get any and have to be purchased.

Metamorph does have a few inherent weaknesses: 1. Human form is all SDC. No enhancements. Which is what "they" want. the idea was to have human soldiers that do not have to give up their humanity in the same way as Skin Jobs, Biotics, etc.. 2. Reduced lifespan. Due to the genetic turmoil of having multiple genetic templates, various enhancements, etc.. stored in "one frame", the human body is beaten down a bit. In essence, a reduced lifespan. 3.During their last year of life [based on the reduced lifespan, Morphs take penalties to their mdc, hitpoints, sdc, attributes, and bonuses are reduced by 25% each time they transform [this is only in their last year of life, many die in combat before this point]

Of course, no feedback would be complete if we did not mention the artwork.
IT SUCKED!!!
I kid, as usual Chuck aka Premier, knocked another one out of Wrigley Field! The art is not as scary as some of his other works, but is awesome. Personally, I like the Bruiser Form & the Combat Form &Battle Ram Forms the best, with the Angel and Armored forms next.

All in all, I likes!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Blackbunny2
Wanderer

Re: Nimmy's view on Metamorph O.C.C. Rifter 51

Unread post by Blackbunny2 »

Thanx for the review! I'm eagerly awaiting my copy:D Takes a while to get it here in scandinavia:D Did he really dra a picture for each of the 15 forms? Thats insane!
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I have to agree with your favorite Chuck artwork on that one. The Bruiser looks like it could batter an Assault Slayer into submission. I also liked the Combat Form illustration. It's a perfect balance of human and unnatural. Nothing too extreme, but you wouldn't be confused into thinking this is a normal human.

As for eating time, the Metamorph can just sit and consume any required amount in one sitting. It doesn't need to take breaks to allow the storage sacks to form, they just keep popping up. I don't think you really need to get too technical about eating time, but if you want to get specific, the larger forms should be able to chow down faster than the smaller ones.

I can understand the desire to want to speed up the growth process, but this class is pretty powerful and it needs some serious limitations to keep it balanced. If the Metamorph could grow and shrink easily, it would basically be able to restore its M.D.C. continuously. It already has an incredible regeneration rate, I didn't want to go too nutty. Believe me, I can see the advantages of sneaking in with a size 1 form and then pumping up to size 6, but I didn't want to overdo it.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Ok, now i have to go get rifter 51, along with #50........
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Snake Eyes wrote:Ok, now i have to go get rifter 51, along with #50........

Yes you do!!! It appears that this year is the year of the splice in the Rifter.

THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Grab Bag still going on ??
If so which Rifter is included for Free ?? #50 or #51 ??

Just wondering.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:Grab Bag still going on ??
If so which Rifter is included for Free ?? #50 or #51 ??

Just wondering.

Oh man... I thought you had Rifter#50 and was waiting on your #51. Hopefully you scoop them both now & ASAP as they are GREAT ingredients for the Splice. I really would like to hear how ppl are rollin up their Metamorphs as their are so... many paths to take.

BTW, thanks for the compliments, but this was certainly a Slappy masterpiece. I had plenty to go off of and the variations in forms really delivers plenty of room for versatility and aesthetics. As to the favorite forms, I think that will be a VERY interesting question as time goes on, Which ones really perform the best in the field?

I think the Bruiser is certainly going to be fan fav strictly for its hulking domination in combat, Can you say HULK SMASH!!! Just before he pounds the mess out of some robot platoon before opening up some bio-enhancement whoop @$$ and firing off a death blossom array, whew!!! OK breath Chuck breath...

Then there is the Battleram (that things is a Juggernaut and is huge) and the Runner form, mann... 420 mph , I love it!! I gotta admit the Digger Ferret is also a fav of mine and could be developed into a really clever & nasty recon scout. Let alone the Heavy Assault Form, the Predator & the Angel & Devil forms, Oh my... Goodness what will you all develop????! :eek:
The Galactus Kid

I think the digger is my favorite piece of art from that article.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

TechnoGothic
Knight

Ordering #50 and #51 right now.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

I like what I'm hearing so far about the Metamorph OCC. Love the idea of Shapechangeing Biotics.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Snake Eyes
Hero

I'm going to my local game store tomorrow and ordering rifter #50&51......My wife might smack me though
The Dragon Has Spoken
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Snake Eyes wrote:I'm going to my local game store tomorrow and ordering rifter #50&51......My wife might smack me though

if you make her promise to smack you with the rifter 50 and 51 stacked on top of each other, you both win when you get them ^^
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I think the digger is my favorite piece of art from that article.

Thanks GK! You must like ferrets like I do.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:Ordering #50 and #51 right now.

Glad to hear it and let us know what you think about all of the NEW SPLICE once you get them and have perused the articles, please...
ENJOY & get them dice rollin.

I like what I'm hearing so far about the Metamorph OCC. Love the idea of Shapechangeing Biotics

Thanks TechnoGothic! We wanted to create more O.C.C.s that didn't have or rely on Host Armors and this was one of the ideas we came up with among a few others still in the works. I think the discussion of the Dreadguard versus Outrider HA concerns, this will open the door as to new ideas and possibilities of how biotechnology can be used without a Host Armor being involved. This is the path that is really interesting & challenging me as of late. as WE seek new ways to utilize and explore Splicers biotechnolgy.
Last edited by Premier on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Galactus Kid

Technogothic and Snake Eyes, I'm really looking forwad to your feedback.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Snake Eyes wrote:I'm going to my local game store tomorrow and ordering rifter #50&51......My wife might smack me though

NO... NO... NO.., you are going about this all wrong man... You got to warm her up to the buy. Get her something she likes first and once you have treated her, it wont be such a crime to buy both books, snicker...

If this fails Auto dodge to emergency Plan b and duck after purchase.
:D
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

Just a little notice, but Armor form is not the cheapest. The size 1 forms are. The Spider is 30, Digger 20, and Eagle is 15. I like the size ones, great for sneak attacks.
Snake Eyes
Hero

Premier wrote:

NO... NO... NO.., you are going about this all wrong man... You got to warm her up to the buy. Get her something she likes first and once you have treated her, it wont be such a crime to buy both books, snicker...

If this fails Auto dodge to emergency Plan b and duck after purchase.
:D

Thing is i she wants me to get her a new wedding ring.....$500.......If i get rifter 50&51.....$30.
The Dragon Has Spoken
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Quantum07 wrote:Just a little notice, but Armor form is not the cheapest. The size 1 forms are. The Spider is 30, Digger 20, and Eagle is 15. I like the size ones, great for sneak attacks.

Size one spider with electric discharge equals pwn. The increased food intake is hardly even a problem for the spider.

The battleram is quickly becoming my favorite. Land-sharking is awesome.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Snake Eyes
Hero

Looks like i'm only going to be able to buy one of the rifters....so which do you suggest, #50 or 51?
The Dragon Has Spoken
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

When did the pre-orders and subscriptions go out anyway? It seems that it has been awhile now.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Snake Eyes wrote:Looks like i'm only going to be able to buy one of the rifters....so which do you suggest, #50 or 51?

don't have 51, but i was quite happy with all the material i got from 50 overall (ie not counting only the splicers material, which i was also quite happy with, except for some minor tweaks i'd like to make to the gardener's mechanics). well, except the hammer and the forge story... it wasn't badly written or anything, but there's only so much you can get out of a story that you only own about 5% of ;)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Just viewed the Sneak Peeks Art you posted. WOW.
Love the Meta-Demon, Meta-Armored, and Meta-Ramming. Wow.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Dont have my books yet. Just a thought however.

Nuientient Baths would be a cool method for Metamorphs to quickly feed themselves. Also. It would be cool if a Biotic (new type) could select a single permanent Metaform as their normal Biotic appearance but with Metamorph Bio-E spending. Not actually metamorphing. This new Biotic type could be called : Inhumans (or something like that).
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:Dont have my books yet. Just a thought however.

Nuientient Baths would be a cool method for Metamorphs to quickly feed themselves. Also. It would be cool if a Biotic (new type) could select a single permanent Metaform as their normal Biotic appearance but with Metamorph Bio-E spending. Not actually metamorphing. This new Biotic type could be called : Inhumans (or something like that).

Thanks for the compliments on the forms you were able to see! Hey innovative idea there with the nutrient pool possibility. That may simply depend on how your GM house rules the OCC.

As to the permanent form being something other than the human or combat biotic form, I don't want to spoil everything since you haven't gotten your book yet, but their is a good & society reason as to why these forms are the norm. Now I am not sure how your Great House is in the havens via society, but ... eh... I'll let you read it for youself and then you might agree.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Got the books at last. OMGoodness Pure AWESOME. Home Run guys.

Where to start, where to start.

OK...METAMORPH OCC.
Awesome. Only thing I would change is the time to go to a larger form. 12 Hours per Size increase !!. Way too long in my opinion. 12 Hours should the max time in the coccoon. The way the fluff reads they can be made combat capable quickly. As written they take way too long to be able to mobilize themselves to be useful.
Default Biotic Combat Form ... Being a Simple Amped up Human is a great idea. My players would love just this simple form idea as being an Amped up human.
Angel Form ... Great idea. Simple. Fast.
Demon Form ... Great Artwork. One of the cheaper good combat forms to pick from. I like alot. This would be my default Battle form if i could be one. Just load this badboy up with features and weapons.
Bruiser ... Sweet Art. Ready to HULK out on someone. This is the form to use. Love the Idea of a Super-Biotic standard form behind it. Bigger, Stronger, etc...very basic otherwise. Of course you can add weapons, etc to this badboy too. Which I would do. This form would make a Great Super-form #2 for your metamorph character. Human, Biotic, then Bruiser. All you really need in most cases.
Battle Ram Form ... Great artwork, cool abilities. Not sure i would use often myself however.
Centuar Form ... Ok, one of my players is a Centuar nut. He will love this one hands down.
Heavy Assault Form ... OMG ... Strange does do it justice. Love the Idea however. I would get a Range upgrade ASAP for that Omega-Cannon, however for 12,000 ft Firing. Then again for the Bio-missiles. Then lastly Super-Light cells for closer combat.
Predator Form ... Ummm this seems almost like a basic Biotic just for close combat. Not much is given to it for the cost of 120 Bio-E. I'm assuming I still need to buy the close combat features the form will have. The +4 Attacks however are great. BTW, GREAT ARTWORK too. Orginally I thought this was going to be the default Biotic form for them. Which would have been great idea too.

The rest. I'm not too keen on. Runner runs fast. Aquatic swims, Eagle flys, Spider creeps, Diggers dig (love ferrets though). But would i want to change into one of them for Battle ?? Never. They are great ideas however. Just not for me and my players i know.

9 out of 10 Total score !!
Only thing that keep this from a 10 out of 10 is the 12 Hours per Size catgory thing. Otherwise a Home run.

I'm thinking of making a new Biotic varient and I could use the Metamorph Forms as Biotic Species. These would have just a single Form however. As a Species, they can reproduce with others of the same Type which would cool. I can picture Splicers coming up to a Biotic Village in the Wilds and all the Biotics are the Demon Type, or just Bruisers Type. Its a great idea. Simple too.
Should I buildon this idea or not ??
It would be a great natural Evolution for the Biotic OCC for the Librarians to go to after they play around with the Metamorphs. Normal or Extended Lifespans but only a Single form, and the Bio-E of the Metamorphs for their single form.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

Snake Eyes wrote:Looks like i'm only going to be able to buy one of the rifters....so which do you suggest, #50 or 51?

Which would you rather read about ??

Plant Like Host Armor with Plant weapons = Gardner OCC (Rifter 50)
Anti-Saint which inflicts Pain, Torture to those around it = Tormentor OCC (rifter 50)
Someone who plays with the Bio-vats/Gen-Pools and has a Mini-Hostarmors for Assistants = Genetist OCC (rifter 50)

or

Biotic Supersoldiers who can assume 2 Forms (Human and Biotic) with the option of having even more forms to choose from,14 extra forms to pick from = Metamorph OCC (Rifter 51)
Host Armor Pilot with a Bug Suit and an army of insects to attack his oppentes = Swarm Lord OCC (Rifter 51)

----------

Metamorph is Great.
Swarm Lord is Great.
Gardner is Great.
Genetist is cool.
Tormentor is ok.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Snake Eyes
Hero

TechnoGothic wrote:

Which would you rather read about ??

Plant Like Host Armor with Plant weapons = Gardner OCC (Rifter 50)
Anti-Saint which inflicts Pain, Torture to those around it = Tormentor OCC (rifter 50)
Someone who plays with the Bio-vats/Gen-Pools and has a Mini-Hostarmors for Assistants = Genetist OCC (rifter 50)

or

Biotic Supersoldiers who can assume 2 Forms (Human and Biotic) with the option of having even more forms to choose from,14 extra forms to pick from = Metamorph OCC (Rifter 51)
Host Armor Pilot with a Bug Suit and an army of insects to attack his oppentes = Swarm Lord OCC (Rifter 51)

----------

Metamorph is Great.
Swarm Lord is Great.
Gardner is Great.
Genetist is cool.
Tormentor is ok.

:shock: Cool stuff........but alas, money is going to be tight this month.......so i will pick the to rifters up next month
The Dragon Has Spoken
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:First, if you have not ordered a copy of Rifter #51, what the heck are you waiting for? Go get it now or Slappy will feed you to a Librarian.

Let me say this right off the bat, when I hear the word metamorph, I think of your typical shapechanger - Mystique [X-Men], Odo [Deep Space 9] and even people like Colossus.
What slappy with his words and Premier with his art did with the "Metamorph" is give it whole new meaning.

Basically it is a variation of the Biotic of sorts, in the way that a human is modified with a genetic gift as opposed to wearing living / host armor.
Looking at the individual as a human, you would not suspect a thing. Your mistake.

Basics: What it boils down to is this: All `morphs have at minimum 2 forms. Their human form and the default combat form. The human form never gets any special abilities from Bio-E Enhancements. Bio-E spent goes to your "forms".
With said Bio-E, you can soup up your combat form per book rules, OR you can by additional forms. Form costs vary, depending on the form. You get [M.E. + P.E.] + 3D6x10+60 @ First level. A lot? Sure, but the librarians and all involved want to see how far the human body can be pushed. The cheapest form to purchase is the "Armored Form", while the most expensive is the "Heavy Assault Form". Including the standard "Combat Form" that all morphs have, there are a total of 15 forms [includes base human form as well]. Angelic form, demonic, spider, bruiser, etc.. to name a few. So for "options" and dodging the "cookie cutter" OCC plague, I give this high marks. Various bonuses to stats, combat, etc are given for each form. Yup, more math. It wouldnt be Splicers if math was not involved.

Changing Forms: If you going to a larger form, you have to eat alot of food in the amount equal to 2 times the weight of the larger form you are going into, minus your current weight. As you eat, the food is absorbed, sacks / bladders are formed on your body. Really gross. Takes a few days. Going into a smaller form then your current does not require any food. Just the ability for onlookers to hold onto their lunch as your body breaks down and reshifts, bones break, realign, etc... as the new smaller you feeds on your existing mass to form its new self. Takes a couple of minutes. My only drawback to this that there is no mentioning of how long it should take to eat said amounts of food. Also, alternatives to "food" should be made, such as perhaps diving into a gene-pool for speediness in transformation. Or perhaps drinking a variant "Elixir of Life". Still, not a deal breaker.

Enhancements: All forms, purchased can have Bio-E enhancements purchased. Each purchase only affects that form. However, if you wanted to purchase an enhancement and have it affect all forms [both currently owned and possible future purchases], merely pay double the cost. Simplicity, yet plenty of options.Some forms get initial enhancements, while others dont get any and have to be purchased.

Metamorph does have a few inherent weaknesses: 1. Human form is all SDC. No enhancements. Which is what "they" want. the idea was to have human soldiers that do not have to give up their humanity in the same way as Skin Jobs, Biotics, etc.. 2. Reduced lifespan. Due to the genetic turmoil of having multiple genetic templates, various enhancements, etc.. stored in "one frame", the human body is beaten down a bit. In essence, a reduced lifespan. 3.During their last year of life [based on the reduced lifespan, Morphs take penalties to their mdc, hitpoints, sdc, attributes, and bonuses are reduced by 25% each time they transform [this is only in their last year of life, many die in combat before this point]

IT SUCKED!!!
I kid, as usual Chuck aka Premier, knocked another one out of Wrigley Field! The art is not as scary as some of his other works, but is awesome. Personally, I like the Bruiser Form & the Combat Form &Battle Ram Forms the best, with the Angel and Armored forms next.

All in all, I likes!

so it's kinda like a Customizable "Were-monster"?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
TechnoGothic
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:First, if you have not ordered a copy of Rifter #51, what the heck are you waiting for? Go get it now or Slappy will feed you to a Librarian.

IT SUCKED!!!

All in all, I likes!

so it's kinda like a Customizable "Were-monster"?

NO and yet Yes.
Think of NIGHTBANE. They have a Fascade (Human) form and a Morphus (Monster) form.
Same deal in a way, but not supernatural based. Metamorphs has a Human and the default Biotic Form automaticly. BUT ... they can select Extra Forms to morph into if they need them.
Picture a Nightbane with his default morphus. Then adding in up to 14 extra morphus forms to assume if they need them. However...the Metamorph can pick ANY of the form at any time.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:Got the books at last. OMGoodness Pure AWESOME. Home Run guys.

Where to start, where to start.

OK...METAMORPH OCC.
Awesome. Only thing I would change is the time to go to a larger form. 12 Hours per Size increase !!. Way too long in my opinion. 12 Hours should the max time in the coccoon. The way the fluff reads they can be made combat capable quickly. As written they take way too long to be able to mobilize themselves to be useful.
Default Biotic Combat Form ... Being a Simple Amped up Human is a great idea. My players would love just this simple form idea as being an Amped up human.
Angel Form ... Great idea. Simple. Fast.
Demon Form ... Great Artwork. One of the cheaper good combat forms to pick from. I like alot. This would be my default Battle form if i could be one. Just load this badboy up with features and weapons.
Bruiser ... Sweet Art. Ready to HULK out on someone. This is the form to use. Love the Idea of a Super-Biotic standard form behind it. Bigger, Stronger, etc...very basic otherwise. Of course you can add weapons, etc to this badboy too. Which I would do. This form would make a Great Super-form #2 for your metamorph character. Human, Biotic, then Bruiser. All you really need in most cases.
Battle Ram Form ... Great artwork, cool abilities. Not sure i would use often myself however.
Centuar Form ... Ok, one of my players is a Centuar nut. He will love this one hands down.
Heavy Assault Form ... OMG ... Strange does do it justice. Love the Idea however. I would get a Range upgrade ASAP for that Omega-Cannon, however for 12,000 ft Firing. Then again for the Bio-missiles. Then lastly Super-Light cells for closer combat.
Predator Form ... Ummm this seems almost like a basic Biotic just for close combat. Not much is given to it for the cost of 120 Bio-E. I'm assuming I still need to buy the close combat features the form will have. The +4 Attacks however are great. BTW, GREAT ARTWORK too. Orginally I thought this was going to be the default Biotic form for them. Which would have been great idea too.

The rest. I'm not too keen on. Runner runs fast. Aquatic swims, Eagle flys, Spider creeps, Diggers dig (love ferrets though). But would i want to change into one of them for Battle ?? Never. They are great ideas however. Just not for me and my players i know.

9 out of 10 Total score !!
Only thing that keep this from a 10 out of 10 is the 12 Hours per Size catgory thing. Otherwise a Home run.

I'm thinking of making a new Biotic varient and I could use the Metamorph Forms as Biotic Species. These would have just a single Form however. As a Species, they can reproduce with others of the same Type which would cool. I can picture Splicers coming up to a Biotic Village in the Wilds and all the Biotics are the Demon Type, or just Bruisers Type. Its a great idea. Simple too.
Should I buildon this idea or not ??
It would be a great natural Evolution for the Biotic OCC for the Librarians to go to after they play around with the Metamorphs. Normal or Extended Lifespans but only a Single form, and the Bio-E of the Metamorphs for their single form.

Glad you got the Rifter#51 and like the Metamorph, it was one that became a favorite for us as well when it was being developed.

Re: the time of the metamorphosis for larger forms:
I see that the time of cocooning really must get to you huh? I know it seems like a long time for possibly some ppl, but it really is a nice way to preserving balance for this character class and IMHO, it keeps believability for setting. I speculate that realistically, it would take a fair amount of time to secret a cocoon casing, augment your organs, nerve systems and bone structure and import all of the necessary proteins to develop a larger form and have everything solidify and harden back into a large MDC form. So I think Slappy did a good job with the 12-hour rule of thumb. Actually he was being generous when you think about it all, especially with any bio-enhancements on top of a new MDC physical structure. I should also mention that we wanted the players for this OCC to be strategic in their planning an how they carried out their lives and choices with forms when role playing a Metamorph. “If” it became too easy to shift between any size class, then strategic choices kind of goes out the window. BTW, its funny you mentioned Xenomorph, because originally that was the name Slappy & I chose for this O.C.C., but with the possibilities of copyright infringements & lawsuits, we chose to play it safe and switched it to Metamorph.

My Recommendation: If there were an upgrade(s) for the Metamorph O.C.C., I would say it reduces the metamorphosis time to half at the most, but anything more than that may become too unrealistic IMHO. Thus: If I house ruled anything for this O.C.C., I would offer:

Surge Upgrade: Allows the Metamorph to reduce transformation time for a single purchased form by half. Add one hour to the required sleep/rest time to the character’s daily needs. Sleep requirements are not accumulative for every Surge purchased.
Bio-E Cost: 12 points
Prerequisite: None

Xeno Upgrade: Allows Metamorph transformation time to be reduced by half for all forms purchased. Add two hours to the required sleep/rest time to the character’s daily needs. Note: Applying a Xeno Upgrade over a form that has a Surge upgrade does not reduce the time any further.
Bio-E Cost: 80 points
Prerequisite: None

I see you are a fan of the more larger forms per say than the smaller ones, but don’t let the smooth taste fool ya, some of the smaller forms can really be quite useful, especially to a long term field campaign. A Runner for example with possible reinforced armor, horn defense & super light cells is just wicked. Or imagine how deadly the Aquatic form can be in a river or lake? I guess what I am saying is it all depends on what you use the forms for, as the Metamorph is truly not designed just for mere combat. I personally like the idea of stalking around through the brush or rubble in a Predator form and going into the blaze of battle and if I get pounded bad, fleeing into to some dense brush to shed the husk and burst out in Runner form, ready to go with strafing hit & run tactics. Or leading enemies into a bottleneck where the rest of the hiding platoon is waiting in flanking v formation to mow down the pursuing adversaries. It all just depends. To be quite honest with the Metamorph being able to downsize, it is most likely going to be one of the few survivors that escapes really serious battles where everyone else the size of a human is going to be spotted & killed, I would be that armored ferret hundreds of feet away popping my head up out of the gorund, hillside or abandon building, like whew...sniff... sniff...

Re: Meta-species:
Whew, that’s a wild one. Not sure how that would fare though in the Splicers social spectrum. Depends on how you GM & conduct your seedlings, havens and what not. I think for most part though, that people would be sort of reluctant to traverse or spend a lot of time around perceived “monsters” when not in the field. Even Biotics I think would still be shunned or ostracized to some degree and most Warmounts, if not all would likely be in barrack like corrals. So to see a species of battle ram, bruisers or Devil/demon forms walking amidst the rest of the folk would likely be uncomfortable to say the least. Although I would say, build the idea as a possible test colony to see the results. Perhaps they are a storehouse of infantry that a Great House can resort to call upon when needed. Perhaps a roost of Squadron of Devil & Angels up in the mountainous caverns would be ideal to assist Archangels and aerial Warmounts on missions or for assistance. OR a brigade of armored & enhanced Bruisers, waiting to join a platoon for some intense combat, or a large lake where Aquatics pave the way for team extractions or infiltrations. Yeah, I say build on a test colony and let us know the results.
TechnoGothic
Knight

I see these Meta-Species being used most.

Predator.
Bruiser.
Angel.
Demon/Gargoyle.
Centaur.
Basic Biotic Combat Forms. Most numberous.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

As I said elsewhere. i know my Players. For them the speed of Transformation will need to uped or be Upgradable at least.

I'm in favor of Upgradable levels.
Level One = Basic Speed as Written.
Level Three = Can select the Enhanced Transformation Speed Upgrade.
Level Five = Can Select the Super Transformation Speed Upgrade.
Level Seven = Can Select the Instant Transformation Speed (1 Melee round) Upgrade.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

They are on the way 50-51, what do I get as a reward, maybe a cookie?

Still waiting on them, good god I am impatient. This seems to be getting worse with time.

Return to “Splicers®”