Unofficial Splicer Source book

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Wow its nice to see some one continuing the good work. Sorry I was never able to get around to it but I had so many computer problems (no MS Word to spell check among others) I never got around to getting a dent in it. But yeah good to see something being done. At least remember it was this lazey jerk who got it started the first time. And yes Im slowly getting it all of the old material off my email to get it in to one manageble file unless thats not needed. I think I'm currently 25% done with pulling it all.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Believe me when I say that we have moved WELL beyond just compiling other peoples work. As it stands, virtually every single thing that we plan to add to the ebook is brand new and made by us. Theres a piece here or there that was done by another (no since re-inventing the wheel) but that material doesn't even equal 1% of the total content. :ok:
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

So...what's new with the project?

Also, do you want to bring aboard additional writers? I am finishing my Rifter article "Rifts Rapa Nui" and my Rifter #0 "Rifts meets Splicers" campaign is (I guess) under review now so I have the time to flesh out my Splicers posts into a full article.

Let me know.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Whats the website or is it being submitted as a manuscript?
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Whats the website or is it being submitted as a manuscript?

At least for ours, unknown at the moment.

There's been a mess of stuff in the personal life that stopped everything for several weeks.

However, the past couple of weeks have seen work moving at a furious pace. :D The stuff 9volt and I have been working on has taken a life of its own and we've been progressing at a steady rate.

Hope to have some previews up soon.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

If you need someone to host it, I can do it. Plenty of room on my host account.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That would be cool to see!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Re: Unofficial Splicer Source book

Unread post by Premier »

clockpunk wrote:Absolutely the same feelings here. Are Palladium still thinking of officially publishing a supplement, or is that chance well and truly gone now? I'd love to be able to buy more material (and hopefully possibly even contribute a few ideas!).

It is in the works as we speak. :wink:
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Damn Right!!
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

unlikely. It would have to match theme, consistency, blah blah blah. THey would definitely put it in the rifter if they liked it though. And if you had a whole bunch, they might give it it's own little sourcebook. I have little faith in any such thing though. Palladium has lost a bit of respect in my eyes due to its past decisions making.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Premier wrote:
clockpunk wrote:Absolutely the same feelings here. Are Palladium still thinking of officially publishing a supplement, or is that chance well and truly gone now? I'd love to be able to buy more material (and hopefully possibly even contribute a few ideas!).

"in the works" as in you're still writing it, or "in the works" as in it's finished writing and is in editing/etc?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

clockpunk wrote:I truly hope that cut 'Bookworm' O.C.C. (with the potential for some truly weird mutations in that concept!) will be included. :D

I don't have the Bookworm, but maybe this will fill in the niche:

HISTORIAN OCC
By Guy LeDouche
Based on a concept by Carmen Bellaire

In the world of Splicers, much has been lost to the ravages of war and time. With the threat of the nanoplague always looming, the use of computers or other mechanical data devices is a potential death threat. In an effort to help safeguard precious knowledge, skills, and information, the Historian Resistance turned to the human mind, giving rise to the Historians.
Much like Biotics, Historians are humans that have been genetically remade and enhanced. However, unlike Biotics, the Historian’s true strength and focus lies in their mind. The Historian’s mind has been genetically enhanced to almost superhuman levels, providing near perfect recall, genius level intellect, and numerous mental capabilities. The top minds of the Resistance, Historians excel as scientists, researchers, strategists, and nearly any other position.
Along with their phenomenal intellect and mental gifts, the Resistance uses them as “living computers” and recorders of information. Their mental faculties are well beyond almost everyone and many are clever opportunists, leaders, and masterminds. Historians rely on their brains, quick thinking, and ingenuity; brute force is a seen as a final resort.
A genetically enhanced mind is not without its drawbacks, however. Though rarely occurring, some Historians can suffer from traumatic flashbacks of previous events, forcing them to relive the same incidents over and over. In addition, despite their formidable intelligence, many Historians are lacking in social graces or display strange, eccentric behavior. Many are somewhat absent minded, clumsy, and tend to come across as aloof, arrogant, and condescending. Historians are voracious consumers of all types of information and are particularly fond of quoting obscure texts. Many will unconsciously recite (almost word for word) novels, poems, or complex mathematical equations. The worst of the lot may become the stereotypical “mad scientist”, showing a complete disregard for anything, even human life, to prove their theories or make their creations a reality.

Alignment: Any, but lean towards Unprincipled, Anarchist and Aberrant. Historians often become almost obsessed with knowledge and many lose some of their humanity. However, even anarchist and evil Historians are usually loyal to mankind in general and despise the Robots. The absolute worst of the lot may go rogue and may prey upon fellow humans (this happens to less than 1% of Historians.) However, they may still aid the Resistance; if not, they will usually give them a wide berth, especially Dreadguards.
Attribute Requirements: I.Q.: 14, M.E.: 12, and P.E.: 10 or higher. A high M.A. is helpful, but not required.
Attribute Bonuses: +1D6+6 to I.Q., +1D4+1 to M.E., +1D4 to M.A., and +1 to the P.E.
O.C.C. Bonuses: Add a bonus of +2 to save vs. mind control (including psioncs and magic), +1 to save vs. poison and disease, and +2 to save vs. Horror Factor at levels 3, 6, 10, and 15.
Base S.D.C.: Not applicable, see the Historian’s Altered Body.

Historian OCC Powers and Abilities
1. Historian’s Altered Body & M.D.C.: The Historian is considered a great asset to the Resistance and their respective Houses; as such, they have been “remade” into minor M.D.C. beings. This serves to ensure their survival and better protect the precious knowledge and skills they hold. The Historian has 2D4x10 M.D.C. points plus the P.E. attribute number. The Historian gains an additional 2D8 M.D.C. per level of experience, starting at level two. A Historian regenerates 1D8 M.D.C. per hour, and only requires four hours of sleep per 24 hour cycle to feel completely rested. Despite the fact that they are M.D.C. beings, this “remaking” DOES NOT grant the Historian Splicer or Supernatural strength.
2. Total Memory (exclusive): The Historian’s greatest asset is their genetically enhanced mind; Historians are able to store vast amounts of data and have the amazing ability to remember almost anything ever read or experienced, from birth to the present day. This could be near perfect recall of an entire novel, the faces of everyone seen last week, and so on. When asked to recall memories more than a month old, however, the Historian must roll percentile and see how much can be recalled at that particular time.
01%-50%: Remembered in full detail, word for word, shot for shot.
51%-80%: Specific details are a bit hazy, but the full essence of the memory/ideas is clear.
81%-00%: Can only recall the most basic concept or idea; no specific details or strong comprehension.
Note: There is no limit to the number of times the Historian can attempt a recall; eventually they will remember. For the Historian, nothing is ever truly “forgotten”.
Traumatic Flashback: All of this enhanced memory comes with a price, however. For Historians, traumatic flashback is a very real danger. For example, if the character was almost killed by a Steel Trooper, there is a chance the memory will accidentally resurface if the character is somehow reminded of the original incident (sees a Steel Trooper attacking someone, faces another Steel Trooper, etc.)
Note that the Historian can only suffer flashbacks for extremely traumatic events (deaths of friends or loved ones, near death experiences, almost buried alive, etc.) A psychological trauma may also result from a violent, emotional experience or shock (GM’s discretion).
If faced with or witnessing someone in a similar situation, the Historian must make a Save vs. Insanity and get a 12 or higher (the character gets to add any M.E. attribute bonuses, but no others gained from skills, abilities, etc.) If the save is successful, the Historian is uncomfortable and nervous (-10% on all skills, -1 on all combat rolls), but essentially unharmed.
If the save fails, the Historian will immediately begin reacting as if the event is happening all over again (screaming, panicking, “zoning out”, act as if suffering an attack, etc. GM’s, feel free to award bonus experience for exceptional role-playing). This flashback effect lasts 1D4 melee rounds and nothing short of a Saint can stop it; it has to run its course. Once the flashback is over, the character is back to normal.
3. Speed Reading (exclusive): The Historian has the ability to read and comprehend the written word extremely quickly. The character can read one page per every M.E. attribute point per minute. An M.E. of 12 means they can read 12 pages of solid text in one minute (four melee rounds.) If the M.E. is 20, that would be 20 pages, and so on. Bonuses: +5% to all skills required to build, de-construct, or perform an activity after reading written instructions.
4. Mental Gifts (exclusive): The genetically enhanced mind of the Historian provides the character with additional abilities and bonuses based on raw intelligence, self control, and awareness. The abilities may seem minor compared with Host Armor and War Mounts, but when used cleverly and combined with the Historian’s vast skill range, they can be a force to be reckoned with.
Each Historian chooses two abilities at first level. The Historian may add a new gift at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, and 13. Note: The Historian may give up any three skills (including Secondary Skills) for one additional gift at the appropriate experience level. However, only four gifts can acquired this way. All bonuses are cumulative.
Charisma: The Historian knows how to attract, engage, and encourage others, both personally and in group dynamics. Bonuses: The character gains an additional 1D4+1 to M.A. attribute and +1 to P.B. This also adds a +25% bonus to the skills of Seduction, Find Contraband, Dance, Pick Pockets, Intelligence, and Interrogation.
Chink in the Armor: If the Historian is able to study an opponent for one full melee (no other actions possible) he/she will be able to pinpoint the opponent’s weak spots. With this knowledge, the Historian can inflict double damage from attacks (punches, kicks, handheld weapons, even bio-weapons) but only for 1D4 melee rounds before the focus and concentration are broken. Once broken, the Historian can’t use this ability again for 10 minutes. Bonuses: During this limited period of focus, the character is +2 on initiative, +2 to strike, and +3 to parry and dodge, but only against the individual opponent whose weakness is presently known.
Dispassionate View: The Historian is practiced at viewing things impartially and dispassionately. The Historian is not adversely affected by gruesome sights, monsters, or the seemingly impossible. The character continues to think and behave rationally and can take calm, calculated action. As a result, the character is barely frightened or disturbed, even if intellectually realizing they are in grave danger or facing a terrible monster or situation. Bonuses: +4 to save vs. insanity and +4 to save vs. Horror Factor. The bonus increases by +1 at levels 2, 5, 9 and 13.
Iron Will: The Historian’s true power lies in the mind, and this gift grants an indomitable spirit that enhances almost all aspects of the Historian’s being. Through intense mental discipline, the Historian can resist mind control in every form (drugs, magic, psionics, etc.), as well as retain consciousness despite physical hardship or injury. The Historian cannot be knocked unconscious from a physical blow to the head. In addition, the Historian can remain semi-conscious even after all M.D.C. has been reduced to zero, though awareness is on par to that of a dazed or dreamlike state. In this mental state, the Historian has only two actions per round, no combat bonuses of any kind, speed is reduced by half, and skill performance is -50%, but is still aware and moving. The Historian can function in this state until his M.D.C. is reduced below zero by a number equal to the 2x the P.E. attribute number. After that, the Historian falls into a coma and will die without immediate medical treatment. Bonuses: +4 to save vs. mind control, +5 to save vs. anesthetics/knockout drugs and poison, +3 to save vs, illusions and Horror Factor, and +15% to save vs. coma and death. Note: Iron Will is a demanding ability, and counts as two Mental Gifts.
Linguistics: The Historian has an uncanny ear for languages and can rapidly learn nearly any language, given enough time. Any new language the character encounters can be understood and spoken at 35% proficiency after hearing it used for an three hours. Each further hour of exposure adds an additional +5%, to a maximum of 75%. This is the highest percentage the Historian may achieve without formal instruction. This percentage indicates that the character is fairly fluent but sentences may be grammatically incorrect, common terms misused, or certain nuances are incorrect. However, if the Historian deliberately spends the time to learn the language, he can become fully acquainted with it, speaking it fluently at 90% in a little over a day (needs only 30 hours of study.) Likewise, written languages are also fairly easy to interpret/translate at 75% efficiency. To learn a new written language, the Historian starts with the basic Literacy skill and a +20% bonus. Given enough time and resources, the Historian could learn and speak dozens of different languages and dialects. The GM may determine that extra time is required or penalties may be assessed for languages that are alien or inhuman. Also, in order to speak the language, the sounds must be able to be replicated by human vocal cords. Languages that have extreme sounds or noises (super-low vibrations, ultrasonic keening, etc.) may be beyond the character’s capacity to learn or imitate; an area for GM discretion. Bonuses: Aside from the obvious abilities, the Linguistics discipline gives the character the Cryptography skill at 55%, or a bonus of +25% if the skill is already known.
Mind and Body: The Historian can go into a meditative trance (takes 1D4 melee rounds) and achieve almost total control over their bodies. This allows the character to control and reduce breathing, blood pressure, stress, pain, and even body temperature. While in this state, the Historian can perform a sort of “self-diagnosis”. This allows the character to sense the extent of injuries, what body parts or internal organs may be injured and how severely, if a poison/drug is lethal and whether or not immediate attention is needed and what needs to be treated first. Against disease, poisons, and drugs, the Historian can use this bio-feedback to reduce the penalties, duration, and damage inflicted by poison, drugs, disease and toxins by half, as well as increase healing, restoring 2D8 M.D.C. per hour while in a healing trance. Bonuses: +10% to save vs. coma/death. Note: The bio-feedback purging takes 1D4 melee rounds, during which time the character can do nothing else.
Mind over Matter: The Historian is able to use the mind to override the body’s need for food, water, sleep, and even air. The Historian can go for five days+1 day per level of experience without any food or water, go for up to three days +1 day per level of experience without any sleep and can lower his air consumption to one quarter of normal, adding 1D4 minutes to holding breath, or survive 1D4+4 minutes in a low or limited air environment.
Pain Tolerance: Through meditation and mental exercises, the Historian can put pain and torture completely out of mind, as if it were happening to someone else. This high threshold for pain is far greater than most normal people and imposes a -40% skill penalty upon those trying to interrogate or torture the character. Bonuses: A one time bonus of +1 M.E., +2 to P.E., +3D8 to M.D.C. The Historian is able to perform skills without penalty when physically exhausted or seriously wounded.
Prodigious Mind: A well structured and ordered mind, the Historian’s brain is able to process huge amounts of data quickly, figuring out what’s most important as well as logical and likely conclusions. In addition, the Historian is able to calculate numbers with the speed and accuracy of a computer, performing even complex calculations mentally, with little to no assistance needed. This includes simple math, percentages, algebra, geometry, calculus, etc. Bonuses: +1 to M.E. attribute and a special one time bonus of +30% to any skills from the following skill sets: Communication, Medical, Science, and Technical.
Quick Tasking: The Historian has slightly heightened hand-eye coordination and a mind geared towards repetitive work. As a result, the character can perform a skill in half the time usually necessary, without penalty or poor performance and while talking or half thinking about something else. In addition, the Historian learns new skills in half the time as usual.
Sleepless: The Historian is strangely immune to being put to sleep by any outside means. This includes magic, psionics, knockout gas, drugs, or any other means other than physical exhaustion. In addition, the character is completely rested after only three hours of sleep and remains alert and healthy for up to 48 hours without sleep. Combined with the "Mind over Matter" gift above, a Historian may add an extra 2 days to the amount of time they can remain awake.
Unnatural Perception: The Historian has a sharp eye for detail, and subconsciously recognizes and catalogs trivial details others may miss. Using these details, the subconscious alerts the character to dangers that the conscious mind did not recognize or comprehend, creating an uneasy feeling that the Historian just can’t shake. Bonuses: +1 to initiative and +2 to dodge.
5. Quirks (exclusive): A genetically enhanced mind is not without its drawbacks. Though not impacted by serious mental issues (with the exception traumatic flashbacks), Historians often develop odd mental and social "quirks"; strange habits and eccentricities that further separate them from the norm.
After first level, whenever a Historian gains a new Mental Gift, through either experience or by trading skills, they also develop a new quirk. Roll on the table below; re-roll any duplicate results. The Game Master may suggest quirks based on gaming experiences that might arise. NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all quirks can be resisted by making a successful save vs. Insanity of 12 or higher. However, the character may not add bonuses from a high Mental Endurance; their enhanced minds are literally commanding them to behave a certain way. Any other bonuses from skills, disciplines, etc. are applied as normal. Again, GM’s feel free to award bonus experience for excellent role play.
01%-07% Bluntness: The character almost always tells it exactly like it is, no matter how unpopular it may be and regardless of whose feelings may get hurt or whose toes get stepped on. In game play, the character must save vs. Insanity to prevent themselves from saying what they feel, regardless of the consequences. Re-roll if the character suffers from the “Shyness” quirk (listed below).
08%-14% Compulsiveness: The compulsive character has a habit, usually bad, that he finds himself doing all the time. Common examples include nail biting, chewing gum or toothpicks, talking to oneself, taps/drums fingers, constant nose picking, etc. Though not life threatening, it is certainly distracting (and in some cases, disgusting) to others. To stop this subconscious fiddling around, the character must pass a save vs. Insanity.
15%-22% Insomnia: Historians are notorious for not needing sleep, though this is not often by choice; many Historians simply cannot sleep effectively. In order to get a decent amount of sleep, the Historian must pass a save vs. Insanity with a -2 penalty in order to calm down enough to sleep. If this fails, the character will get little or no sleep. The Historian will suffer -5% on all skill checks and -1 on all combat rolls for every 24 hours without sleep. A Historian with Insomnia can go without sleep for as many days as their P.E. attribute (a P.E. of 12 would be able to go for up to 12 days without sleep.) At the end of this time period, the Historian will literally drop in their tracks from exhaustion and sleep 24 hours.
23%-30% Honesty: Flat out, the Historian cannot tell a lie, not even a mild exaggeration. A save vs. Insanity is necessary to order to tell a lie, or even stretch the truth.
31%-38% Shyness: The Historian is extremely uncomfortable dealing with strangers (especially of the opposite sex) and public speaking can paralyze them with fright. Historians with the shyness quirk have a difficult hard time speaking up and will almost never share an opinion. If the Historian must speak in public, or voice a strong opinion, a save vs. Insanity is required. Otherwise, the Historian will remain tight lipped and silent. Re-roll if the character suffers from the “Bluntness” quirk (listed above).
39%-46% Conspiracy Theorist: The Historian is mildly paranoid and sees a plot and underlying meaning in everything. The Historian is loyal to close friends, but very leery of and often accusatory towards strangers and those in positions of power.
47%-54% Dirty: The Historian has no concept of personal hygiene, i.e. they hate to bathe, use deodorant, wash clothes, etc. Consequently, they are usually fairly “ripe” most of the time with noticeable body odor. Any skills related to personal interactions (Seduction, Pick Pockets, etc.) suffer a -10% penalty. Re-roll if the character has the “Hypochondriac” quirk (listed below).
55%-62% Combat Ineffective: The Historian tends to freeze in battle. The character isn’t really scared, they are more at a complete loss as to what to do. In battle, the character must make a save vs. Insanity at -1. Failure to save means the character merely stands around, doing nothing of importance during the first turn of combat.
63%-70% Lightweight: The Historian can’t handle liquor or alcohol at all! They get drunk on a single drink, even if it’s only light beer or wine. However, they refuse to admit it and a save vs. Insanity will be necessary to turn down any offered drinks.
71%-78% Tall Tales: The Historian likes to exaggerate and embellish their stories, but don’t necessarily do so to make themselves more important. They just hate to let facts get in the way of a good story. Reports or recollections from this character will be aggrandized, with misstated facts, details, etc. Oddly enough, this quirk grants a one-time bonus of +5% to Public Speaking or Performing skills.
79%-86% Hypochondriac: The Historian is either feeling sick, worried about germs, or getting sick. They will almost always wear gloves and an air filter of some sort, especially when visiting an unknown community or dealing with strangers (who knows what kind of germs they are carrying!) Re-roll if the character suffers from the “Dirty” quirk listed above.
87-94% Gullible: The Historian is truly clueless about people and believes that almost everyone is honest, decent, and good. The Historian must make a save vs. Insanity to disbelieve something being fed to him, even if the person is obviously unscrupulous.
95%-97% Migraines: The Historian gets a severe migraine headache (constant throbbing and shooting pain, mild nausea, etc.) as a reaction to the one of the following triggers (roll once to determine what is always the cause of the migraines): 01-33% having to figure out a puzzle or mystery, 34-66% high stress/life threatening situations, 67-100% frustrated or angry. The headache lasts for as long as the stress remains. While dealing with the migraine, the Historian is -1 on all combat rolls, -10% skill performance and -10% to Spd.
98-100% Seizures: Historians with this quirk are subject to random fits of uncontrollable shaking, usually at the most inopportune times. Most of the time, this can be dealt with, but in a firefight, this can be deadly. In game terms, for every 12 hours, there is a 25% chance the Historian will suffer a seizure. Historians will feel the seizure coming on, and can resist it with a successful save vs. Insanity with a -2 penalty. Failure indicates a seizure that will continue for 2d4 melee rounds, reducing combat bonuses by -8 and imposing a -70% penalty to all skills.

Common Skills: Standard (+10%)
O.C.C. Skill Program: Communications (+15%), Field Medic (+25%), Scholar (+25%), Science (+20%) and either Medical Doctor (+15%) or Medical Coroner (+15%)
Elective Skills: Select five other skills but at least one must be selected from Technical. Select another two additional skills at levels 2, 5, 7, 10, and 13. All new skills start at level one proficiency. Note: Though the character may select skills from most categories, Historians are not too concerned with physical abilities. Therefore, they cannot select more than four Physical skills, three Military skills, and two Rogue skills.
Communications: Any
Domestic: Any (+5%)
Espionage: Escape Artist, Forgery, and Intelligence only (+5%)
Medical: Any (+10%).
Military: Demolitions, Demolitions Disposal, Military Etiquette, Recognize Weapons Quality, and Surveillance only (+5%)
Physical: Any, except Acrobatics, Boxing, and Kick Boxing (+10% where applicable).
Rogue: Card Shark, Find Contraband, Gambling, and Seduction only.
Science: Any (+15%).
Technical: Any (+15%).
Transportation: Any, except Host Armor Combat and Pilot Wingpack.
Wilderness Survival: Any
W.P.s: Any
Secondary Skills: The Historian can select 10 Secondary Skills from any skill category at level 1, subject to the restrictions listed above. The character gets two additional skills at levels 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14. These are additional areas of knowledge that do not receive any special O.C.C. bonuses. All new skills start at first level proficiency. Note that the I.Q. bonus applies to all skills.
Living Armor: The Historian O.C.C. does not get the powerful Host Armor, but does receive a customized suit of Light or Medium Living Armor, usually Heavy Hide. Regardless of the type, each Historian’s Living Armor has the following modifications: +1D4x10+15 to the Main Body, +2D8 to the arms, +2D10 to the Legs, and +6D6 to the Head.
Because of their prodigious mental abilities, Historians can “tweak” their armor a little more than most other OCCs. Each Historian gets their M.E. attribute number +4D20+20 Bio-E points worth of enhancements of choice, but is limited to the categories of Eyes & Vision, Other Sensory Features, Biological Defenses, Offensive Bio-Weapons, Ranged Bio-Weapons, and Ranged Weapon Upgrades. Each level, the Historian gets an additional M.E. attribute number +2D6 Bio-E for additional enhancements of choice.
War Mount: Historians generally avoid War Mounts, preferring to travel on foot.
Standard Equipment: Extra set of traveling clothes, set of dress clothes, one pair of walking boots, one pair of climbing boots, a pair of leather gloves, a box of 100 plastic surgical gloves, six small specimen containers, four medium and two large containers, box of 100 gallon size plastic bags, 1D6+4 ceramic pens or markers and pencil kits, 1D4+2 large pieces of white chalk, pocket notebook, sketchbook, sleeping bag, shoulder satchel, backpack, utility belt, 2D4 sacks made of heavy cloth, 1D4 waterproof sacks, grappling hook, nine rock climbing spikes/pitons, small hammer/mallet, 150 feet of climbing cord, hammer and chisel, shovel, hand axe, hand pick, an assortment of brushes and other digging and excavation tools, three Migs, six Chigs and a dozen Squigs.
Weapons: The Historian starts with one weapon for each W.P. with any appropriate ammunition, plus a hand held weapon. Much like their personalities, Historians prefer precision weapons, with Light Cell weapons being favorites.
Money: Has 6D4x1000 credits in precious metals, relics or trade items, as well as 6D6x10 in available credits. Money can be spent now on additional equipment or saved for later.
The Upside: You’re easily the most intelligent (and possibly resourceful) character of any group. Who knows, one day you may have a hand in developing or discovering “the next big thing”
The Downside: It’s pretty tough being the smartest person in the room all the time. On top of that, you don’t feel very comfortable with the outdoors, combat, or anything physical (even if rugged)-all the things you need to survive the world.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:
Premier wrote:

"in the works" as in you're still writing it, or "in the works" as in it's finished writing and is in editing/etc?

“In the works” as in wrapping up the final parts of the book accompanying tons of completed art to boot. So when it goes to be edited there is no additional wait for art to be completed. This is not to mention that there is work (writing, stats & art) we have that we know couldn’t fit into this book that will be great for a follow up supplement. Oh did I mention that I have rough draft 50+ creatures for the Preserves?

BTW, Guy, That Historian O.C.C. (I would use it as a RCC) is absolutely Awesome!
Shark_Force
Palladin

pretty sure the historian was previously posted on the boards. back when i first started getting interested in splicers (it was from the rifter with the hawk and rat war mounts, kamikaze missiles, and the kraken that first caught me - best part of that rifter, in my opinion) i went through the boards collecting everything i could find and putting it into wordpad, and i have a copy of the historian from when i did that (though i haven't checked closely to see if this is an updated historian ;) )

point being: if you haven't yet gone back 4 or 5 pages (or more) on the splicers boards, and are hungry for new material... you may wish to start looking around ;)
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Terror Knight
Techno-Knight
Sweeper
Swarm Lord
martyr
Militiaman
Mind Knight
Mindsplicer
Plasmolder
Marshal
Gore Monger
BOSS
Falconer
Harvester
Heretic
Historian
Epitaph
Deliveryman
Butcher
Bio-Slayer
Bearskin
Arbiter
Advanced Biotics
Transcended
Alchemist
Awakened.

My list of additional OCC's. let me know if you see a name you like, or want any information, I'll PM you the class. Note, I only made the Arbiter. I got the rest off of the boards.

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Premier wrote:BTW, Guy, That Historian O.C.C. (I would use it as a RCC) is absolutely Awesome!

Thank you; I can only take partial credit for it. A lot of the material came from Carmen Bellaire, I just "Splicer"-fied it and added a few things of my own.

Shark_Force wrote:pretty sure the historian was previously posted on the boards. point being: if you haven't yet gone back 4 or 5 pages (or more) on the splicers boards, and are hungry for new material... you may wish to start looking around ;)

Shark, I think you are right. I think I did post this quite a while ago. As you said, digging through the boards (and the stickies up top) can yeild some good stuff.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like the "Historian" OCC. Very nice!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Whatever happened to this?
Shark_Force
Palladin

ScottBernard wrote:Whatever happened to this?

i believe it's just a compilation of all the various fan-made things posted on these forums that the OP wanted to convert into a netbook complete with art and such.

in all likelihood, that project kinda ran out of steam... but also, basically all the material is somewhere in these forums if you dig deep enough. there's a lot of great stuff if you're willing to dig :)
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Would be more convenient if it was all in one place though.

Return to “Splicers®”