so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and..

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and..

Unread post by csbioborg »

so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and heading into the nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor NIghtlord

Find small town that is not controled by nighlords Control it. Make a a minon. Repeat.\

send all of them through into the nightlands.

A weak lord only has a few hundred hounds
you would think strenghth of numbers would win out in the end and
the orignal vampire can strike the nightlord down after the first 2000 weaken him.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and..

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

csbioborg wrote:so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and heading into the nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor NIghtlord

Find small town that is not controled by nighlords Control it. Make a a minon. Repeat.\

the orignal vampire can strike the nightlord down after the first 2000 weaken him.

Only a few hundreds hounds, but Thousands and Thousands of Dopplegangers, both mindlessly controlled and awakened.

And they all have supernatural strength.

That and the Nightlord can kill vampires just by filling the room he's in with water.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Why would he want to do a suicide raid? Becoming a vampire warps your personality into a badass that wants to prey on humans, spread the infection, and take what he can. After that sort of process, the new you probably isn't going to want to volunteer to lead a suicide mission.

Meanwhile, where do you get 5000 vampires from? To make a new vampire you've gotta feed on him three nights in a row (no interruption or you have to start over), then wait another three nights before your mark comes back from the dead. Even if you had an ideal situation where people were just lining up to be turned, there's probably only so many people you can be working your Slow Kill on at once. And in the real world (which is far from ideal), you're gonna have to do a lot of planning and legwork just to be able to safely work on turning one or two people at a time without risk of discovery.

Then once you've got a minion or two you're gonna have to boss them around and get them to spend all their time turning new recruits too. And remember, they're self-centred evil jerks now, so if they don't wanna do it then you're gonna have to use brute force or mind control to keep 'em in line. And because they're Secondary Vampires, almost three fifths of the guys they turn will be useless Wild Vampires, who are virtually impossible to order around and who'll have to be staked because they certainly can't be relied upon to gather more recruits.

And while all of this is going on, you have to hope that nobody notices thousands of people vanishing or "dying". THen you'll have to try and cover up the thousands of people who'll try and escape from their slab on hte morgue or dig their way out of their own grave. And you'll need to organise a food source while you prepare for the big strike, which'll probably mean thousands more people vanishing mysteriously. And when you're not busy scrabbling around trying to manage the impossible task of keeping thousands of vampires who are living in the same place from being noticed by human authorities, you've also gotta worry about whether passing Nightbane, Guardians, Seekers, or Evil Nightlord Minions (tm) might blunder by and sniff you all out with their supernatural powers.

Then once you've got a few thousand secondary vampires and you're ready for the kamikaze run (assuming you've managed the impossible task of getting a few thousand vamps together without anyone noticing), you've got to cross your fingers and hope that the whole damn lot of them are obedient and/or stupid enough to blindly obey suicidal orders that they'll desperately want to disobey. Vampire mind control is great and all, but these guys have no intrinsic loyalty to you, and it only takes a handful of the ones who make their saving throw to decide fragging you would be the safest option and it's all over red rover.

Then once you get to a Nightlord, he just has to do what Nekira mentioned (use his matter control powers to wipe everyone out with something vampires can't resist) or better yet, just bamf out of the area as soon as he realises he's under attack.

And then of course, there's the aftermath. Well okay, there isn't an aftermath because it's impossible for any of this to have happened, but bear with me. Imagine for a moment that an army of thousands of vampires really did make a lightning raid on a Citystate and tried to assassinate a Nightlord. This is something new and dangerous and unprecedented, an act of overt aggression that vampires have probably never done in the entire ten thousand year history of hte Nightlords. Sure there's been a bit of rough and tumble in the past. Nightlords have always liked to clear out any vampire nests in places that are important to their plans, and vampires have doubtless returned the favour by ganking minions whenever they can get away with it, and by clearing out all the Night Cultists and Nightlord minions in places that are important to their plans. But a raid on a Nightlord? Damn, these vampires mean business. And there's only one thing to do if vampires are really that dangerous: bump 'em up a few places and put them right up the top of the "Things that need to die right now" list alongside the Nightbane.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
csbioborg wrote:so what stops a vampire from making 5000 buddies and heading into the nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor NIghtlord

Only a few hundreds hounds, but Thousands and Thousands of Dopplegangers, both mindlessly controlled and awakened.

That and the Nightlord can kill vampires just by filling the room he's in with water.

how long could he keep that up for?
how many vampires could he clean out assuming they get to him before he rus out of ppe

we ae assume the vampire has just had his lady love killed and is on a suicide run
and he bought the humans on the black market
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

csbioborg wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

how many vampires could he clean out assuming they get to him before he rus out of ppe

Uh...the stuff nightlords make don't go away...Fill a room wiht water once, it stays, especially sinse they can also seal up any gaps.

we ae assume the vampire has just had his lady love killed and is on a suicide run

What black market? This is Nightbane not Rifts.

Also: he dies pretty easially. Like I said, even a weak nightlord will have an entire CITY full of beings with supernatural strength.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
csbioborg
Champion

on the black market; the nightbane version of the real one (nightbane is supposes to mirror the real world in many ways) I have friends on the border patrol it is shocking how much human trafficing happens in the real world.

for the sake of arguement

you need flowing water to kill a vampire so it could not be a sealed room

and assuming the orginal vampire was somewhat bright and had made it to this point he'd be comanding his vmapires to do stuff like bust holes in the wall to drain it or something to that affect.

the water is going to be dealt with so the nighlord is going to have to make more
how long could he keep that up for assuming average ppe
while dealing with attacking vampires
Jeffrey W.
Explorer
Comment: Provider of quality Palladium Books gaming sessions in the Panama Canal Zone, Orlando Florida, Dallas Texas, Palladium Open House 2007, and Heidelberg Germany.

Unread post by Jeffrey W. »

When csbioborg asks "So what stops a vampire from making 5,000 buddies, and heading into the Nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor Nightlord? Find small town that is not controlled by nighlords. Control it."

My first thought is logistics.

An army of vampires are going to require alot of blood to feed upon. A small town might not be able to provide it.

After two nights, the stomach pains and cravings will be debilitating. Nightlords win.

Jeffrey W.
csbioborg
Champion

Jeffrey W. wrote:When csbioborg asks "So what stops a vampire from making 5,000 buddies, and heading into the Nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor Nightlord? Find small town that is not controlled by nighlords. Control it."

An army of vampires are going to require alot of blood to feed upon. A small town might not be able to provide it.

After two nights, the stomach pains and cravings will be debilitating. Nightlords win.

Jeffrey W.

I am thinking this is going to be over one way or another in the course of a day or two tops
vampires burst onto small city through rift
they make a beeline to the NIghtLord keep
FIghting everyone that gets in their way
it seems like they are either going to be dead or triumphant before the day is up
athough you are difintely right if some sort of siege happens
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

csbioborg wrote:
Jeffrey W. wrote:When csbioborg asks "So what stops a vampire from making 5,000 buddies, and heading into the Nightlands (assuming he has a way in) and doing kamikaze raid to kill a minor Nightlord? Find small town that is not controlled by nighlords. Control it."

Jeffrey W.

I am thinking this is going to be over one way or another in the course of a day or two tops
vampires burst onto small city through rift
they make a beeline to the NIghtLord keep
FIghting everyone that gets in their way
it seems like they are either going to be dead or triumphant before the day is up
athough you are difintely right if some sort of siege happens

Since we are talking about the Nightlords in teh nightlands.....I don't think you can just "rift" in per se. You have to know who to get there. Trying to find out how to get htere is going to more than liely raise suspicions. however IF, a highly unlikely damn near impossible if, you manage it........it COULD be interested but the nightlord, even a small time one, has way to many resources available to him for the Vampires to win in this scenario.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I could see this war going either way.

I can easily see 2500 Vampires turning into a mass Vampire Mist and going into the keep an going directly to the Nightlords keep ..

With another 2500 Vampires in Bat form doing the same an taking the top of the Keep.

Then both forces simply start destroying everything in thier way enrout to the Nightlord.

If the Nightlord is stupid, it will attempt to try to repel the invading vampire army doing so at some points personally (He could easily destroy 1/4th to 1/2 of the total forces of the Vampires .. (And still be powerful enough for the vampire forces to be hardpressed to be able to take out the Nightlord.)

Overall the key points in this arguement will eventually become ..

1) - How large is the vampire army ?

2) - How large is the Nightlord's minion army ? (Dopplegangers, Hounds .. all the minions combined)

3) - The Tactic used to capture the Nightlord ..

4) - The Nightlord allowing himself to be captured..

5) - The Nightlords actual palace. How is it built ? How is it defended ? How large is it ? How many mirrior's does it contain ?

Alotta questions need to be answered before there can be a true clear cut winner.

But if you just make it a single tower of a small town, then it would more then likely not be a Nightlord but rather a nightprince.

And tho they are infiniatly weaker then a Nightlord, the Nightprinces are still powerful beyond measure ..

5000 Vampires vs 1 Nightlord (an all his minions) I say generally speaking the Nightlords side mops the floor with the Vampires.
csbioborg
Champion

Lenwen wrote:I could see this war going either way.

I can easily see 2500 Vampires turning into a mass Vampire Mist and going into the keep an going directly to the Nightlords keep ..

With another 2500 Vampires in Bat form doing the same an taking the top of the Keep.

Then both forces simply start destroying everything in thier way enrout to the Nightlord.

If the Nightlord is stupid, it will attempt to try to repel the invading vampire army doing so at some points personally (He could easily destroy 1/4th to 1/2 of the total forces of the Vampires .. (And still be powerful enough for the vampire forces to be hardpressed to be able to take out the Nightlord.)

2) - How large is the Nightlord's minion army ? (Dopplegangers, Hounds .. all the minions combined)

5) - The Nightlords actual palace. How is it built ? How is it defended ? How large is it ? How many mirrior's does it contain ?

Alotta questions need to be answered before there can be a true clear cut winner.

But if you just make it a single tower of a small town, then it would more then likely not be a Nightlord but rather a nightprince.

And tho they are infiniatly weaker then a Nightlord, the Nightprinces are still powerful beyond measure ..

5000 Vampires vs 1 Nightlord (an all his minions) I say generally speaking the Nightlords side mops the floor with the Vampires.

1. 5000
2. 200 Hounds, 20 Hunters and 20 Hollow Men and 20
Ashmedai. presumably the amount of dopplegangers in a small city
3. they are just trying to kill him
4. Death before dishonor he fights to the death
5.a mansion

anyone want to do a play by play if you think the nightlord does it as to how he does it
Last edited by csbioborg on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

csbioborg wrote:
Lenwen wrote:I could see this war going either way.

1. 5000
2. 200 Hounds, 20 Hunters and 20 Hollow Men and 20
Ashmedai. presumably the amount of dopplegangers in a small city
3. they are just trying to kill him
4. Death before dishonor he fights to the death
5.15th centuary castle

Nightlord for the win......just because I like them, I am the screenwriter and thats how I want it :P
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:on the black market; the nightbane version of the real one (nightbane is supposes to mirror the real world in many ways) I have friends on the border patrol it is shocking how much human trafficing happens in the real world.

And there you're wrong. Still water still hurts 'em. And even if you were right (which you aren't) the Nightlord could just flap his arms around and voila, it's a current :)

the water is going to be dealt with so the nighlord is going to have to make more

Also, does my first post in this thread not exist?
So what's stopped him from teleporting away the moment he knew there was an invasion? Dunno how to break it to you, but most Nightlords are several thousand years old. And they didn't survive that long by sticking around whenever there's an emergency and seeing if they can deal with it personally.
csbioborg
Champion

Rallan wrote:
csbioborg wrote:on the black market; the nightbane version of the real one (nightbane is supposes to mirror the real world in many ways) I have friends on the border patrol it is shocking how much human trafficing happens in the real world.

And there you're wrong. Still water still hurts 'em. And even if you were right (which you aren't) the Nightlord could just flap his arms around and voila, it's a current :)

Also, does my first post in this thread not exist?
So what's stopped him from teleporting away the moment he knew there was an invasion? Dunno how to break it to you, but most Nightlords are several thousand years old. And they didn't survive that long by sticking around whenever there's an emergency and seeing if they can deal with it personally.

I stand by my assertion it has to be running water but far enough tk and you got a whirlpool

maybe I should reprhase my question to why can't 5000 vamps go and raise a city to the ground in the nighlands

however I would say your average low level nightlord is going to **** off moloch a great deal if he just let's the mortal enemy of the nightlords just walk in kill a city and runs at the first sign of trouble
if he is fearing the wrath of moloch he might just say let's roll the dice
but you are right the average vamp can't stop the teleport
so if he was near mortally wounded he still would run allowing his city to burn and deal with moloch later
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:however I would say your average low level nightlord is going to **** off moloch a great deal if he just let's the mortal enemy of the nightlords just walk in kill a city and runs at the first sign of trouble
so if he was near mortally wounded he still would run allowing his city to burn and deal with moloch later

If there's five thousand vampires and he's only got a few hundred supernatural minions, it's pretty much a given that he's going to lose all his dudes even if he stays, especially if a lot of the vamps are packing firearms. In fact, with that many dudes running around there's a fair chance he'd die too. Only a dude with a suicidal addiction to risktaking would be stupid enough to hang around once it becomes clear that he's losing.

And people who can survive for thousands of years despite being beset by enemies on all sides aren't compulsive risktakers. In fact it's probably safe to assume that your typical Nightbane is going to leg it in any remotely dangerous situation, because he didn't survive ten millenia of assassination attempts by trying to man up and personally kick ass every time someone pulled a knife on him.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Rallan wrote:
csbioborg wrote:however I would say your average low level nightlord is going to **** off moloch a great deal if he just let's the mortal enemy of the nightlords just walk in kill a city and runs at the first sign of trouble

If there's five thousand vampires and he's only got a few hundred supernatural minions, it's pretty much a given that he's going to lose all his dudes even if he stays, especially if a lot of the vamps are packing firearms. In fact, with that many dudes running around there's a fair chance he'd die too. Only a dude with a suicidal addiction to risktaking would be stupid enough to hang around once it becomes clear that he's losing.

And people who can survive for thousands of years despite being beset by enemies on all sides aren't compulsive risktakers. In fact it's probably safe to assume that your typical Nightbane is going to leg it in any remotely dangerous situation, because he didn't survive ten millenia of assassination attempts by trying to man up and personally kick ass every time someone pulled a knife on him.

Except he dosn't have a few hundreds. Even the weakest nightlord has access to tenss of thousands. Dopplegangers...

csbioborg
Champion

I a actually curious how quickly he could mobilze those forces
sure he has control over them but they are for the most part in a state of stupr
moreover they are spread out over a city
5000 as bats fly towards the keep
they would take awhile to even get to the fight
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Except he dosn't have a few hundreds. Even the weakest nightlord has access to tenss of thousands. Dopplegangers...

Unawakened doppelgangers are basically just mindless slaves though. They're everywhere, but they're so unreactive that Spook Squad and Resistance agents have been known to hide among them for cover. They're so unresponsive that they're useless for providing early warning, and they're too docile and poorly equipped to be more than a minor inconvenience during an ambush.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Rallan wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Except he dosn't have a few hundreds. Even the weakest nightlord has access to tenss of thousands. Dopplegangers...

Unawakened doppelgangers are basically just mindless slaves though. They're everywhere, but they're so unreactive that Spook Squad and Resistance agents have been known to hide among them for cover. They're so unresponsive that they're useless for providing early warning, and they're too docile and poorly equipped to be more than a minor inconvenience during an ambush.

Oh sure, you could take out a few hundred by surprise easy. After that you get swarmed under. They're basically an army of zombies after all--you telling me 80,000 zombies arn't dangerous?

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Rallan wrote:

Oh sure, you could take out a few hundred by surprise easy. After that you get swarmed under. They're basically an army of zombies after all--you telling me 80,000 zombies arn't dangerous?

The thing is though, if you had a hypothetical attack of 5000 vampires on a Nightlord (and let's just ignore how impossible THAT is for a moment), you wouldn't exactly be doing it from five miles away in the Waste or something. You'd infiltrate as many of them as possible as close as possible and then rush the Nightlord from there, because anything less than overwhelming force right from the start would be a waste of time (lousy BAMFing nightlords). Dopplegangers are all fine and dandy when it comes to slowing an invasion from the Wastes, but when it's an attack launched from within the heart of a city most of 'em are gonna be too far away to make a difference.
csbioborg
Champion

I still don't se it being that unresonable. So I'm a 500 year old vampire. I have a lot of money becasue I properly invested unlike every vampire in the history of fiction other than Dracula who inherited his anyway so he dosen't count. I go to Sudan buy 5000 slaves. Perfectly legal ovethere in our world so perfectly legal in theres preusmably. Turn the first couple and stake him DO it again until you have 5000. Pull the stakes out when its time. Hire mage away to war. SUdan isn't the only place you can buy people either. Heck you can do it here albeit illegally.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

csbioborg wrote:I still don't se it being that unresonable. So I'm a 500 year old vampire. I have a lot of money becasue I properly invested unlike every vampire in the history of fiction other than Dracula who inherited his anyway so he dosen't count. I go to Sudan buy 5000 slaves. Perfectly legal ovethere in our world so perfectly legal in theres preusmably. Turn the first couple and stake him DO it again until you have 5000. Pull the stakes out when its time. Hire mage away to war. SUdan isn't the only place you can buy people either. Heck you can do it here albeit illegally.

You know once you pull the stakes out, the vamps go into feeding mode. Now you have 5000 vamps wanting, needing to feed immediately. I beleive they go into the 'feeding frenzy' and therefore can't be controlled or directed.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
csbioborg
Champion

buy 10000 slaves in sudan
half are food
if you were a rich amoral vampire it could be done without that much trouble
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

after the creation of that many vampires a vampire intelligence would be able to manifest on earth, this Vampire army would be too busy defending the intelligence against molach, and his army of minions, and every nightlord, who would see the intelligence as a massive threat. the army of vampires would never see the nightlands because the intelligence couldn't care less about the motivations of its slaves, and the destruction of a minor nightlord is nothing compared to its continued exsistance
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

I don't have that many d20s.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

csbioborg wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

aww darn, and I thought this would be fun to watch, it seems like you have no counter arguements. You do realize that nightlord cities are made to drain ppe from the real world, which means they are massive nexi. which triples a nightlords power. and gives them a conditionally unlimited amount of ppe.

Nekira wins, always.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

I still don't see why vamps would do this. What is the point? Just to kill a minor nightlord? You would attract Moloch's attention for a minor target? He's destroyed a whole hellish dimension/plane before.
I mean there is no way to occupy/hold the town. That would be impossible.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
csbioborg
Champion

I am not talking about the vi here I am tsalking about one vampire with a grudge

not someone planining a larger war
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

Agent_gir wrote:after the creation of that many vampires a vampire intelligence would be able to manifest on earth, this Vampire army would be too busy defending the intelligence against molach, and his army of minions, and every nightlord, who would see the intelligence as a massive threat. the army of vampires would never see the nightlands because the intelligence couldn't care less about the motivations of its slaves, and the destruction of a minor nightlord is nothing compared to its continued exsistance
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Agent_gir wrote:
Agent_gir wrote:after the creation of that many vampires a vampire intelligence would be able to manifest on earth, this Vampire army would be too busy defending the intelligence against molach, and his army of minions, and every nightlord, who would see the intelligence as a massive threat. the army of vampires would never see the nightlands because the intelligence couldn't care less about the motivations of its slaves, and the destruction of a minor nightlord is nothing compared to its continued exsistance

I think its particularly awesome the way you choose to speak in the third person, or maybe fourth person in this case. I seriously love it.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Beast

csbioborg wrote:I am not talking about the vi here I am tsalking about one vampire with a grudge

But that's exactly what the vampire is planning, even if it doesn't realize it.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

The Beast wrote:
csbioborg wrote:I am not talking about the vi here I am tsalking about one vampire with a grudge

But that's exactly what the vampire is planning, even if it doesn't realize it.

Indeedly. The vampires don't have to want their Vampire Intelligence to pop in and say hi, they just need to exist in large numbers. Once that requirement has been met the VI can manifest itself on Earth whenever it feels like it.
csbioborg
Champion

in night bane since the ppe levels are lower I think they actually need a big ppe sacrifice or spell to get the VI in
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:in night bane since the ppe levels are lower I think they actually need a big ppe sacrifice or spell to get the VI in

Or maybe just more vampires.
csbioborg
Champion

Rallan wrote:
csbioborg wrote:in night bane since the ppe levels are lower I think they actually need a big ppe sacrifice or spell to get the VI in

Or maybe just more vampires.

what would stop vamps from going to sub subsahran africa and just creating a bunch then
plus I believe it says as much in the book with the female vampire that drinks from the night prince regularly
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:aww darn, and I thought this would be fun to watch, it seems like you have no counter arguements. You do realize that nightlord cities are made to drain ppe from the real world, which means they are massive nexi. which triples a nightlords power. and gives them a conditionally unlimited amount of ppe.

Wait. What?
:shock: Where is this info? I must know!
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

csbioborg wrote:buy 10000 slaves in sudan
half are food
if you were a rich amoral vampire it could be done without that much trouble

:lol:
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Okay, so I and my wife (Waysenna here on the boards) just discussed this from every angle with the info given and both had a laugh! No matter what, that vamp would get his butt handed to him [99.995% chance O death] unless he used all of his brains first...
She gave even me only a 50% chance at success if said Vampire was I.

And I could only really pull off that 50% because I'd be Meta-Gaming due to my tactical knowledge of the PB Megaverse™ and how I'd abuse it if I were to get stuck (somehow) in the Nightspawn universe and turned into a Master Vamp.

Id talk more about this but waysenna wants her lap top back and is doo ing sttuyff to mE to Get It BACK... Ohhh, say, Thats hot

BY :-o

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

acreRake wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:aww darn, and I thought this would be fun to watch, it seems like you have no counter arguements. You do realize that nightlord cities are made to drain ppe from the real world, which means they are massive nexi. which triples a nightlords power. and gives them a conditionally unlimited amount of ppe.

Wait. What?
:shock: Where is this info? I must know!

'Tis nowhere, he made it up.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Darkechilde wrote:And, according to every source out there from the PB Megaverse about Vampires, once there is 5000 of them from any given Intelligence, the Intelligence manifests. Even on Palladium, the lowest magic world of all the various settings, aside from maybe Heroes Unlimited Earth.

nah, heroes unlimited earth has lots of magic. robotech (though possibly not macross/sentinels?), possibly mechanoids and recon, and definitely splicers have lower magic, with splicers actually being explicitly super-low magic (i'm not aware of any other palladium setting which actually clearly defines penalties for magic-using and supernatural beings who manage to make it to the world. granted, it's possible this is only because some of the other settings don't have very much in the way of conversion notes at all, but that's beside the point)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

The same thing that prevents them from raiding an earth city. FEAR.

Only on an even larger scale.

The Nightlords control and enter world (surprisingly the same size as Earth) under one ruler, Moloch. If someone he hasnt allowed invades one of his/their cities then the vengance would be swift, deadly and unrelenting. These thousand year old sorcerers may very well be able to locate the VI and destroy it after the entire world (thats a lot) of the Nightlands has lent armies to take back their city from invasion. Don't forget that Nightlords arent of particularly nice alignments.

You'd be silly to invade a city with 5000 troops in Earth even if you know you could take it because of the backlash. Modern wars show that. Imagine if the entire world wanted you out of that city...

I wouldnt mess with em.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
csbioborg
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:

The same thing that prevents them from raiding an earth city. FEAR.

Only on an even larger scale.

The Nightlords control and enter world (surprisingly the same size as Earth) under one ruler, Moloch. If someone he hasnt allowed invades one of his/their cities then the vengance would be swift, deadly and unrelenting. These thousand year old sorcerers may very well be able to locate the VI and destroy it after the entire world (thats a lot) of the Nightlands has lent armies to take back their city from invasion. Don't forget that Nightlords arent of particularly nice alignments.

You'd be silly to invade a city with 5000 troops in Earth even if you know you could take it because of the backlash. Modern wars show that. Imagine if the entire world wanted you out of that city...

I wouldnt mess with em.

I was talking about a secondary vampire with nothing to lose
not the actual VI
Steeler49er
Hero

Shark_Force wrote:
Darkechilde wrote:And, according to every source out there from the PB Megaverse about Vampires, once there is 5000 of them from any given Intelligence, the Intelligence manifests. Even on Palladium, the lowest magic world of all the various settings, aside from maybe Heroes Unlimited Earth.

nah, heroes unlimited earth has lots of magic. robotech (though possibly not macross/sentinels?), possibly mechanoids and recon, and definitely splicers have lower magic, with splicers actually being explicitly super-low magic (i'm not aware of any other palladium setting which actually clearly defines penalties for magic-using and supernatural beings who manage to make it to the world. granted, it's possible this is only because some of the other settings don't have very much in the way of conversion notes at all, but that's beside the point)

Robotech Sentinals Is an MDC Magical environment...
That poorly made peice of ret-connage that is Shadow Chronicals is the one which has No magic... Sentinals has magic.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Steeler49er wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Robotech Sentinals Is an MDC Magical environment...
That poorly made peice of ret-connage that is Shadow Chronicals is the one which has No magic... Sentinals has magic.

actually, based on the conversion notes for going from robotech to rifts, we can surmise that there are either no ley lines on earth, or very few ley lines on earth, in the robotech series.

this would mean that earth itself is quite likely low magic in the robotech series.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Shark_Force wrote:actually, based on the conversion notes for going from robotech to rifts, we can surmise that there are either no ley lines on earth, or very few ley lines on earth, in the robotech series.

this would mean that earth itself is quite likely low magic in the robotech series.

I'd assume they're just to weak to effect the growth of the flower of life on Earth.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Shang Li wrote:Nightlord spends 100 or so PPE to create daylight over the entire city. (Energy creation and manipulation)

GAME OVER

Except that's not daylight, that's just artificially created light which has the physical properties of daylight. If the Globe of Daylight spell isn't enough to harm them (and it isn't), then this effect isn't either (although they'll probably lose one or two melee actions freaking out before they realise it's fake). If he wants to kill vampires with his matter and energy manipulation powers he'll have to settle for magically generating rain or telekinetically hurling wooden stakes at them.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Zamion wrote:i think your vampires would have better luck, taking over the towns around the cities and slowly working there way in with all the doplgangers turned and imported other demons and such they could hire......"the slow blade is sometimes best." (totaly butchered line from dune woooo hooo)

The problem is that outright taking over towns virtually anywhere in the Nightbane setting is a quick way to get stomped. Cops and government officials all over the world have either been sacked and replaced by Night Cultists or secretly murdered and replaced by supernatural imposters, and a large part of their job is rooting out threats to their masters' plan for world domination. For now the best an organised vampire group can hope for is to find a town that's too small and unimportant to have a serious Nightlord minion presence, take it over on the sly, and then sit tight and hope that some day in the distant future the Nightlords will become weak enough for vampires to go after bigger communities.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Rallan wrote:
Zamion wrote:i think your vampires would have better luck, taking over the towns around the cities and slowly working there way in with all the doplgangers turned and imported other demons and such they could hire......"the slow blade is sometimes best." (totaly butchered line from dune woooo hooo)

The problem is that outright taking over towns virtually anywhere in the Nightbane setting is a quick way to get stomped. Cops and government officials all over the world have either been sacked and replaced by Night Cultists or secretly murdered and replaced by supernatural imposters, and a large part of their job is rooting out threats to their masters' plan for world domination. For now the best an organised vampire group can hope for is to find a town that's too small and unimportant to have a serious Nightlord minion presence, take it over on the sly, and then sit tight and hope that some day in the distant future the Nightlords will become weak enough for vampires to go after bigger communities.

not to mention that dopplegangers *can't* be turned into vampires (they're supernatural creatures, not humans)
The Beast

Rallan wrote:
Shang Li wrote:Nightlord spends 100 or so PPE to create daylight over the entire city. (Energy creation and manipulation)

GAME OVER

Except that's not daylight, that's just artificially created light which has the physical properties of daylight. If the Globe of Daylight spell isn't enough to harm them (and it isn't), then this effect isn't either (although they'll probably lose one or two melee actions freaking out before they realise it's fake). If he wants to kill vampires with his matter and energy manipulation powers he'll have to settle for magically generating rain or telekinetically hurling wooden stakes at them.

It might be enough to work like a GoD spell though.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

The Beast wrote:
Rallan wrote:

GAME OVER

It might be enough to work like a GoD spell though.

I'd say it's probably not good enough to even do that. Globe of Daylight keeps vampires at bay because it magically has that property of sunlight. The energy/matter control powers of the Nightlords don't give any inherently magical or supernatural properties to the energy/matter that they create, so Nightlord "sunlight" would just act as a purely physical duplication of daylight without any of the mystical anti-vampire effects. Just like a shower of water created by a Nightlord won't get the extra kick that holy water gets.

Return to “Nightbane®”