What would you do?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Well?

Run like rabbit?
27%
Bunker down?
60%
Board the great Taco Plane?
13%

Total votes: 30

Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: What would you do?

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

How quickly do the zombies decay in swampy conditions?
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Kidding aside, I would use a combination of both. I would stay in my general area, but continuously move about between several locations I would pick out, fortify and stock with survivables (my new word).

I would always be on the move, but never really go too far.

Well, first trying to arm up, get some supplies. If this happened during the WINTER solstice then we'd have problems. Since it's summer only problem is dehydration (get alot of water!!!!) besides the obvious living impaired and those who want to play "Road Warrior". Then hunkering down for the winter. Hopefully finding survivors along the way. Sounds like a decent plan, but you know how Murphy is. :roll:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Wrong Murphy you. :P :-P :lol:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unfortunately, dehydration is just as big of a danger in the winter as it is in the summer. It doesn't always snow everywhere, and the ground tends to get much harder, making drilling for water that much more difficult. Wells freeze, etc.

True, but i'm only talking about Jersey, where i'm at. I figure trying to go west to the camp sites and if it snows, trying to melt them for water if possible. I'm not saying that it'll be easy or that i'll last past the first winter. As is too many variables. :?:
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

run to the reserve unit and run fast

get the keys to the armory and fight off the hordes with everybody else that made it
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

I'd go turtle. I have a two year old and a pregnant wife. There's no way they could keep up with the pace if we made a run for it, and I wouldn't care about surviving without them.

I'd hole up as best I could, nipping out for little scavenger runs where possible.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Mike SSN-723 wrote:And if the wave makes your wife and baby a zombie then what?

It's hard for me to give an accurate response to such an unlikey scenario, something I've never really considered, but I imagine I'd be so distraught that I'd be easy pickings for a passing sloucher. Sounds defeatist, but after witnessing something that horrific, I'm not sure I'd really care about carrying on. Who knows, maybe basic survival instincts would kick in and I'd run and continue with my miserable existense until the inevitable, nasty end.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community

Return to “Dead Reign™”