Missle Blast Radii?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha

Unread post by Natasha »

Only blast radius rules I ever used are RECON's for grenades. Air strikes are inescapable.

Might be a start if you have access to those numbers.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Missle Blast Radii?

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Personally I would think they would have know they are coming long missiles would be hard to detect before they hit.

Personally this is my evil GM side sixth sense would not help. Because the person only know that within the next 60secs something going to happen. It could be 1 sec it coulde be 60 secs and he has no idea what he needs to do avoid the danger.

Personally I have always played that 50% increase blast radius for each addition missile, but petty sure that is a house rule.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Missle Blast Radii?

Unread post by The Beast »

nameneeded wrote:I seem to recall that multiple grenades/ missles increased blast the radius but am unsure if its a PB thing or not.

My group used on from Cyberpunk. IIRC, when you used two of the same explosive device (this case being missies) it wouldn't double, but go up by 50%. There was some sort of real-world math calculation for this reason. Seemed logical to us as explosions are normally AoE weapons and not typically shaped to explode in one particular direction.I should be getting the book sometime today for conformation. It'll be a paraphrase though because of conversion reasons.
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

I use initial damage and radius as listed for ground zero damage. Then for two additional 10 feet radii from ground zero the damage is reduced by 50% rounded up each time.

EX: Missile does 1d6x10 MD to 30-foot radius. Roll a 3 x 10 = 30 MD to the immediate 30 foot radius. 30 to 40 foot radius does 15 MD and 40 to 50 foot radius does half the previous radius for 15/2=7.5 rounded up = 8 MD.

EX: Grenade does 1d6 x 100 SDC to 20-foot radius. Roll a 6!! Max = 600 SDC to 20 foot radius, 20 to 30ft = 300SDC, 30 to 40ft = 150SDC.

And you can carry them out to further radii if you want, just remember to half the one before it.

For multiple strikes in the same area, total all damage and add two more blast radii.

This really makes my explosions more lethal. And don't forget the flying/falling debris from all explosions can be as lethal, if not more, than the blast itself. Plus, it can travel farther than the shrapnel.

Hope this helps, Big Bob…………….. :D
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”