Nightbane ---> Rifts Globe-Trotting

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha

Unread post by Natasha »

I do not like jumping and back and forth, which is not going on here. So I say go for it, especially because it is something you all are interested in doing.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

If you have read the megaverse builder you will know that not all technology works all over the multi-verse. Anything they take back will simply not work. problem solved.

Don't forget to have dopplegangers wreck havok on non nightbane PCs on their earth while they are gone.

Since they have mdc and deal mdc damage with talents, you shouldn't have to change anything about their nightbane characters when going to rifts earth. After all if a standard person can survive & sometimes prosper, why wouldn't nightbane?

Letting the nightbane find out how much damage their talents now deal, and that they are mdc should be fun.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

I can't really see a way to make it fit an ongoing Nightbane game without some radical changes. A grand tour of Rifts Earth is all well and good, but it's sorta completely unrelated to anything Nightbane-ish. The only way to tie it in would be with crossover, and it'd have to be some seriously big crossover, since either an attempted Nightlord invasion of Rifts Earth or an attempted <insert Rifts faction here> invasion/colonization/exploration of Nightbane Earth would radically change both settings.

If you want a change of scenery that you can still tie into the main storyline of a Nightbane campaign, I'd recommend hitting the Astral Plane instead.

EDIT:
Or alternatively, Wormwood. If you're gonna mash up two settings in a way that'll cause massive changes to both, you may as well at least pick settings that go well together :)
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Weasel_Fierce wrote:
Rallan wrote:I can't really see a way to make it fit an ongoing Nightbane game without some radical changes. A grand tour of Rifts Earth is all well and good, but it's sorta completely unrelated to anything Nightbane-ish.

That's kind of what I'm going for. It's really just an excuse for me to run the Rifts game I always wanted to play with a group of great players. There doesn't have to be a connection between the two settings, but I think by throwing in the odd visitor from home I can keep the players on track and use the "voyage home" idea to propel the players from one location to the next.

In that case, have at it.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

G wrote:Anything they take back will simply not work.

Actually anything not alive (ie: weapons, DVDs, cybernetic parts) is atomized before arriving on Nightbane Earth.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”