Combat Moves but No HTH Skill

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha

Unread post by Natasha »

I see them as natural fighters; that is, naturally proficient in basic punches and kicks only. Unless it says otherwise, of course.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Re: Combat Moves but No HTH Skill

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

gadrin wrote:creatures like the Alu Demon (from Dark Conversions) and others, often get X attacks and so forth for being what they are.

what Combat Moves can they get or choose from ? Any of the basic moves that are allowed in the Combat Terms -- but that don't come from a specific HTH form ?

So an Alu demon could use Body Block/Tackle and take advantage of his huge PS or Body Flip/Throw. Or any of the basic Holds.

Things like Death Blow would be out, since they're usually only part of a HTH style, same with Knockout Stun or Automatic Dodge (unless the writeup specifically says so).

i would say as they progress in level it wouldn't be out of the question to learn basic holds, grabs, and throws. these techniques will be crude looking (probably not able to use full strike bonuses), but effective because of strength and size. on squishies though, they would end up being crush attacks without proper protection.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

I think I would just modify the Hand to Hand dragon form RUE into a hand to hand supernatural scary things (but with a better name)
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

I just think anybody can attempt to grab and hold/throw. it just may not look pretty and it may cost extra actions or have no bonuses and things of that nature. Even Sups picks people up to stop them from fighting with a little squeeze.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

gadrin wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:I think I would just modify the Hand to Hand dragon form RUE into a hand to hand supernatural scary things (but with a better name)

:lol:

wolfsgrin wrote:I just think anybody can attempt to grab and hold/throw. it just may not look pretty and it may cost extra actions or have no bonuses and things of that nature. Even Sups picks people up to stop them from fighting with a little squeeze.

well, if you read the "Body/Block Tackle" entry in the RUE combat terms it says near the end...

"...characters and creatures with supernatural PS will get a bonus...which will be detailed in the creature's description "

:eek: RUE just came out. where the heck are they gonna describe all the books that came out before that ? my old Rifts RPG doesn't even mention Body Block/Tackle in the terms. Luckily it's in N&SS.

more like: "we just made this up. hopefully we'll remember to include it in future books" any entries in DBees of NA ?

honestly i hadn't read much of my copy, though i should, but i rarely offer canon. i need to study that a bit more, it sounds like they may have cleared up a few things.
as a buyer of PB's books, i am glad they don't re-issue everything under a new version. my poor penny bank just can't handle it. makes it hard with a rule change about every other book that gets released, especially main books for their lines. i am almost dreading the Robotech release. hopefully they clear some things up, but i'm afraid, very afraid. lol
i need to find time to read dbees. geez i'm so behind.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Nightbane get HtH Martial arts as a "natural" thing.

including forms, like wolves, that are tottally inhuman and cannot possibly use human martial arts.

I'd say assign them the equivelent movesets of basic, expert, martial arts, assassin, based on how skilled they would/wouldn't be.

Exsample, weak, basic demons like Shedim only get basic.

More advanced ones like Alu Demon Hounds get expert.

Powerful, brutal ones like Bal-Rogs get Martial Arts.

Sneaky, stealthy ones like Succubi and Incubi get assassin.

Just how i'd do it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

gadrin wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
More advanced ones like Alu Demon Hounds get expert.

Sneaky, stealthy ones like Succubi and Incubi get assassin.

Just how i'd do it.

how's about the Lasae ? assassin ?

Naa, they're the weakest of all. and given their size, i'm more inclined to say they don't even get one ;)

They're nuceences, but not a real threat.

the other thing is the Alu can jump 40 feet ! That's better than a juicer but he does have SN PS. If you go by the old Jump/Leap rules he's doing very well physically.

the Lasae can jump 20 feet (I think).

almost gymnast/acrobats in some ways, just raw power in others.

Not sure how this relates to the discussion.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “G.M.s Forum”