Non-leathal weapons?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I'd say the items you're looking for are in Dimension Book 3: Phase World Sourcebook. That's a problem depending on location. However, I'd imagine the items you're thinking of are the Web Gun (page 59) which fires out an MDC foam and has a separate spray as a solvent that removes it. As for a taser, there is a Stun Gun (page 62) which allows ONLY characters in armor to get a save (I take it without the armor there is no save attempt for the victim). Neither of these weapons deal any damage. Hopefully that helps. Have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Strap gun in aliens unlimited. Adapted to rifts probably be MDC straps.

It launches a grenade that upon impact shoots out a bunch of straps that wrap around the target and bond to eachother. Basically a techno version of the magic net, only better because they don't untangle unless you pour some special solvent on them.

Nural mace.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Flakbait wrote:Other non-lethal weapons include: Dragon's Breath (ultra stinky liquid), aerodynamic ring-airfoil rounds, various chemical agents (tear gas, pepper spray, etc.), compressed CS powder slugs, or microwave projector.

if you are refering to Dragon's Breath, it's not a stinky liquid. It's a really nasty shotgun round. While I have yet to run across a confirmed case of someone getting killed. It will give a man some nasty looking burns.

as far as Real Life Less lethal devices go I sugest that you check out the Department of Justice.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Non-leathal weapons?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Clown Shoe Attack wrote:G'day All,
...snip..
But I need a non lethal weapon? Any ideas? I remember a ranged non lethal spray/goo that incapacitated, but i can't seem to find it. Theres also a tazer style weapon, but I'd think it wouldn't work through armor.

Try looking in Aliens Unlimited book. They have a few 'less then leathal' weapons in the back with the other equipment.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”