Hammer Time

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

well i would assume that it does more damage than a Hercules Club since that weighs 5.5 pounds and does 3D6. i would have to say, after looking through the compendium of weapons, armour, and castles, that the damage would be something like 6D6. Cause that hammer weighs more than a No-Dachi ( which weighs 9 pounds) or a Zweihander( which weighs almost 14 pounds.).
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Yeah, but weight alone doesn't equal damage. Sure, that hammer weighs more than a no-dachi or a zweihander, but it's also not sharp, so it's exerting that force over a wider target. How much wider would indicate how much damage it should do in relation to those edged weapons.
Natasha

Unread post by Natasha »

On the other hand, sword damage does not consider if you are piercing or slashing, which presumably would do differing amounts of damage.

A huge hammer doing 5D6 sounds reasonable to me. 6D6 might be a little too much for my tastes.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

the two edge weapons were the heaviest i could find- but the hercules club is a blunt weapon.. which is 3D6. which is the same as the No-Dachi, but 5D6 would seem good too. I was just trying say that since the No-dachi and the hercules club were the same damage then all you have to do is double the base damage since it seems that blunt does just as much damage as a edge weapon that weighs more.
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Re: Hammer Time

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

King Heart wrote:I am about to hit an orc with a 16 pound hammer and would love to know how much damage it does. From analogy with the melee weapons in the back of the ancient RMB, i am guessing 2d8. thoughts?

Depends on wear and what armour he's wearing.

IF none, I'd say the5d6 or 6d6 would fit.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

i would go with 30-40% because a tackle ha a 30% chance of causing knockback.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

A 16lb weapon? Thats HUGE! It would have to be a Giant weapon at the very least, and would do +1d6 to damage. What race is wielding the hammer? I would also have to say that with that weight, there would have to a minimum PS needed to use it effectively.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Id go with 4d6+6 over the 5D6 or 6d6 the min of 10 before PS looks more realistic to me then 5 or 6 it dose weight 16 Lbs. but the 36 damage max is a little high for me.
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle

Return to “G.M.s Forum”