Converting historical beings to Palladium books system

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Converting historical beings to Palladium books system

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

What kind of stats do you think FDR and other historical figures would
have?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Converting historical beings to Palladium books system

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Prince Cherico wrote:What kind of stats do you think FDR and other historical figures would
have?

Lesse...

FDR:
IQ: 17
ME: 18
MA: 30
PS: 4
PE: 5
PP: 4
PB: 15
Spd: 3

Just goes to show you don't need to be great physically to be a hero. and I would say that FDR has an MA of 30. We're talking about someone who was virtually deified within his own lifetime.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It depends on if you are going by the actual person or exaggerating abilities based on legends surrounding them.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

As a historical figure, I would have 30's in all stats. :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Puroresu
Wanderer

Very interesting.

Unread post by Puroresu »

I wondered if someone would try to create stats for FDR. There are other people I've always wanted to do: Adolf Hitler, JFK, Martin Luther King, Jr., Winston Churchhill, Stalin, Mao, Gandhi, Einstein, etc. Especially for a Heroes Unlimited World War II or 1960s counterculture campaign.

Yes, it's true, you don't have to have super abilities to be a hero.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Though mentioning specifics will shut down this thread, you might look at other game systems for realistic stats and to see what they thought the figures would be like.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I'd like to see Ghengis Khan, Billy the Kid, Vlad the Impaler, William Wallace, Alexander the Great, Einstein, Rasputin.

I'd imagine many of the pantheon gods were inspired by living legends who were just exceptional humans who were really really good at what they did. A few generations of story telling embellished and exaggerated them into godhood.
Last edited by LostOne on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”