What would you have Palladium publish next for HU2?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Poll ended at Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:10 am

Powers Unlimited 4 (powers only)?
3%
PU 4 (mainly categories)?
1%
PU 4 (abilities, spells, psionics, categories)?
3%
Hardware Unlimited?
45%
A new city book?
6%
A general HU2 Earth background/history/setting book?
9%
Villains Unlimited 2?
3%
Magic Unlimited?
6%
Psionics Unlimited?
6%
Martial Arts Unlimited?
5%
Other - specify?
12%

Total votes: 77

leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by leonmallett »

I really like the HU2 game. I just wish that more was published for it. in that vein - what would you have Palladium Books publish next for HU2 if you were given the choice? I thought a poll might be interesting amongst HU2 players and G.M.s. Feel free to comment on book size/page count, what you would like to see in it and so on.

Also any comments on why you voted a particluar way would be welcome.
Last edited by leonmallett on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HU2 fan.
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Getting the ball rolling then...

I voted Hardware Unlimited. There has been plenty of provision for abilities and new categories/modified categories through Powers Unlimited 1-3, and spells were added in the G.M.'s guide. To that end I think Hardware and other tech characters (Bionics, Robotics, Supersoldiers) would benefit from a Hardware Unlimited type book adding extra options to the categories, including possible sub-categories, as well as of course adding updated equipment options. Care would need to be taken that Supersoldiers don't end up as the category with most choice of course. I think the Tech categories have not been catered to in the same way as others.

just my two pence.
HU2 fan.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Hardware and specialty weapons are a greatly neglected area in this game. Sure, you have high-tech weaponry in AU and AUGG, but what about collapsible staves? Collapseable swords which can be used as whips? And not to mention all the things that could be done in the area of robotics and bionics.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Yes, the hardware category needs to be expanded on greatly, most definitely, new stuff.....

Also, as a side thought, the 'Super Invention' category needs to be expanded, not just the limited list of stuff in the book...what about adding super powers to bionics, not just robotics....Or new and/or better super vehicle options.

We definitely need a whole new book for this stuff :ok:
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Hardware and specialty weapons are a greatly neglected area in this game. Sure, you have high-tech weaponry in AU and AUGG, but what about collapsible staves? Collapseable swords which can be used as whips? And not to mention all the things that could be done in the area of robotics and bionics.

agreed on all points. :D

i'd also like to see new hardware categories that cater to a things like explosives, chemicals, and so on.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

I'd vote for magic and psionics unlimited, both imo, are limited and need an update.
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

i voted villians because sometimes its just easier to look in the book and find a villian besides that none of the villians have any of the powers from the pu books.. with some of these powers would make some power house villians that would give any mega a run for their money
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Hardware Unlimited. Heck I would even be okay with a system wide, from RIFTS to Nightbane to HU2 , e3ct. In other words, EVERYTHING. I would love it if they got the prices right, like for computers and the like, but for 10 years from now, that way right now when you look at it you think it's too cheep but in 10 years or so you will think thats its just about right. I would love for a 300+ page source book for all types of hardware and gimmick weapons and items and clothes, ect.
TJ_1976
Explorer

Unread post by TJ_1976 »

So hard to choose,but in the end I chose VU2. I would like to see PU4 though much like PU2, for new catagories, but with all we have as it is, PU4 is already made really,the new catagories and 20 other powers that have been hinted at could be a book as is and could easily be filler in a VU2 book as well with psionic's and spell's in their too boot. Truth be told I would buy them either way so just start printing them already. :D
He who is without paitence is the gravediggers friend.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Re: What would you have Palladium publish next for HU2?

Unread post by JTwig »

leonmallett wrote:I really like the HU2 game. I just wish that more was published for it. in that vein - what would you have Palladium Books publish next for HU2 if you were given the choice? I thought a poll might be interesting amongst HU2 players and G.M.s. Feel free to comment on book size/page count, what you would like to see in it and so on.

Also any comments on why you voted a particluar way would be welcome.

While I voted Hardware, since it is a category that has a lot of potenal but is lacking a lot of support from the books, but I'd really like to see small source books (about the size of the Rifts and TMNT adventure books) that detail an already made organization (Shield/G.I. Joe inspired heros and Hydra/Cobra inspired villains, ninja clan, etc.), supervillain or superhero groups, or influential companies/small governments. They would be written so that the GM could pick and choose the ones he likes, and so they could be dropped into a campaign or setting without much work (so no direct references to anything from Century Station or Aliens Unlimited). Of course I understand how non-cost effective it is for Palladium to produce books of this size, especially when not every book would appeal to everyone.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I voted "other". specifically "Atorian Empire"
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

The Deific NMI wrote:I voted "other". specifically "Atorian Empire"

how did that go at the Open House this year?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Personally, out of curiosity to see what the new generation would come up with, I'd like to see a Villains Unlimited 2.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Hardware.
wolfsgrin
Adventurer

Unread post by wolfsgrin »

hardware. only because the HU needs more of it. though personaly more powers and catagories would be cool. but hardware for the greater good.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The Nursery.

~Josh
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:The Nursery.

~Josh

What would it be about? I have always been more than a little fuzzy on the plans for the Nursey, so I am very curious.
HU2 fan.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I voted! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I voted for Hardware Unlimited. I would also like to see a new city book and the other power categories get more books. With PU 1-3 we have enough powers to last a life time. I just can't see the need for yet another book on super powers.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

It's a tough call.......

PU4: Yes, to all.

VU2? Psionics Ultd.? Martial Arts Unltd.?: This can be cut down to a few submissions to The Rifter.

Magic Unltd.? No. Rifts Book Of Magic, with a conversion article in The Rifter covers this.

Hardware Ultd.? Maybe. Make it like the PU series (one or two books) & you've got a deal.

New city book? No.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Well, I guess I'll be odd man out. I voted for a world book. that should have more villain stats, maybe more classes/power info, hardware, etc.

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!

Unread post by Guest »

I naturally voted for Hardware Unlimited. Mostly because "Martial Arts Unlimited" is the last thing HU needs.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Hardware.

If they have any technical artists left who are up to the task.
It should have a good index, a glossary, no repeated information (it's a support book), not be a wad of 50 new weapon descriptions, include rules for invention and suggested use of skills, plus random tables for instantly created doomsday devices, weird apparatus, super serums, drugs, bombs, alien technology, etc.

Of course, the best chance for this project would be to tender the services of about 30 talented amatuer writers from these boards to each brain storm and send in everything they can think of.. one person simply can't do the concept justice.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Atorian Empire, since it's actually been written. After that, Hardware and Robots Unlimited (each proposed, but as yet unwritten last I heard).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Atorian Empire, since it's actually been written. After that, Hardware and Robots Unlimited (each proposed, but as yet unwritten last I heard).
And a mighty fine writing it is.!! :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:I naturally voted for Hardware Unlimited. Mostly because "Martial Arts Unlimited" is the last thing HU needs.

thats because we have your website :lol:
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
highpriestrsw2
Explorer

What happened to the nursery

Unread post by highpriestrsw2 »

I saw some place the ad for the nursery. It might have been in a rifter or the palladium catalog some time ago.
It's supposed to be about the super soldier project in century station or something similar.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Any news?
Really I'd love anything for HU2.
I'm looking forward to the minion war book for HU2!
New powers book are always good too.
Hardware unlimited would be a nice addition.

I'm really glad it's being supported. Anything is good. I have a little extra money handy for anything new.
" Forward Clucky! To battle!"
-MrGiggles
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Atorian Empire, since it's actually been written. After that, Hardware and Robots Unlimited (each proposed, but as yet unwritten last I heard).
And a mighty fine writing it is.!! :D

Now all we need is publication...yes? :-)
HU2 fan.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Nursery = Governments home grown super soldier/mutant project. Possibly secretly sponsored by SECTOR, but not necessarily connected to Century Station.
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:The Nursery = Governments home grown super soldier/mutant project. Possibly secretly sponsored by SECTOR, but not necessarily connected to Century Station.

Is there any news or rumour on the Nursery, or is this to be considered dead in the water?

Otherwise all I can see coming up for HU2 is Armageddon Unlimited (which I welcome of course, especially reading the latest press release).
HU2 fan.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Dead in the water as far as I know.
I could be wrong.
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:Dead in the water as far as I know.
I could be wrong.

Thanks for posting. It helps to have a sense one way or the other.
HU2 fan.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Atorian Empire
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'll be glad to see anything come out! It'll help them!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

Re: other Palladium OCCs/RCC's to HU2 Conversions

wyldheart007 wrote:while HU2 offers a huge variety and types of characters to be made, i'd like to at least some "official" guidance to converting various RIFTs and other Palladium OCC's/RCC's to be used in HU2

A HU2 conversion guide, essentially?

I would have loved a HU2/Nightbane crossover sourcebook. There was a rifter article some time back which showed just how cool such a thing could be.
HU2 fan.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

I just had a thought.

A sort of "lost civilizations" book for a superhero world.

Comics have always had things like atlanteans, and lost worlds with dinosaurs, and maybe things like hollow earths.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

BillionSix wrote:I just had a thought.

Comics have always had things like atlanteans, and lost worlds with dinosaurs, and maybe things like hollow earths.

Brian

Now that is a very cool idea. Did you post the germ of this idea in another thread, because when I read something about were-creature civilisations I thought: it is so necessary, and in some ways obvious, why haven't they done it already? Great idea. :ok:
HU2 fan.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

leonmallett wrote:
BillionSix wrote:I just had a thought.

Brian

Now that is a very cool idea. Did you post the germ of this idea in another thread, because when I read something about were-creature civilisations I thought: it is so necessary, and in some ways obvious, why haven't they done it already? Great idea. :ok:

Yeah, I had mentioned it over there, too. That's where I got the idea to mention it here.

Brian
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

I actually have some ideas for a sort of "hollow earth" thing for HU.

If scientists use their delicate instruments to detect things deep in the earth, they will see what they expect. A mantle surrounding a liquid nickel-iron core. This is the truth.

But, if you descend through the many natural passageways that exist in remote locations throughout the world, you will find a vast network of caves, lit by phosporescent algae, or shrouded in eternal darkness. Entire underground oceans with sea serpents. Tribes of large ogre-like beings that are probably related to humanity, though whether they are our ancestors, or simply an evolutionary adaptation to the dangerous life of the underworld is anyone's guess, as well as stealthy mole people, living in the dark places and scavenging a living as best they can. And of course, dinosaurs. This is also the truth.

How is this possible? Well, alternate dimensions certainly are involved, but no one is sure how. It's a very subtle shift, to be sure, and no one is ever sure when they have left one world, and entered another. In fact, the travellers of old never realized that they had left our world at all. Maybe they didn't. The interplay of dimensions is poorly understood at best, and who is to say which version is true. Could be both.

Who knows? Could be a good Rifter article.

The mountain Skartaris will show you the way.

Brian
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

BillionSix wrote:I actually have some ideas for a sort of "hollow earth" thing for HU.

If scientists use their delicate instruments to detect things deep in the earth, they will see what they expect. A mantle surrounding a liquid nickel-iron core. This is the truth.

But, if you descend through the many natural passageways that exist in remote locations throughout the world, you will find a vast network of caves, lit by phosporescent algae, or shrouded in eternal darkness. Entire underground oceans with sea serpents. Tribes of large ogre-like beings that are probably related to humanity, though whether they are our ancestors, or simply an evolutionary adaptation to the dangerous life of the underworld is anyone's guess, as well as stealthy mole people, living in the dark places and scavenging a living as best they can. And of course, dinosaurs. This is also the truth.

How is this possible? Well, alternate dimensions certainly are involved, but no one is sure how. It's a very subtle shift, to be sure, and no one is ever sure when they have left one world, and entered another. In fact, the travellers of old never realized that they had left our world at all. Maybe they didn't. The interplay of dimensions is poorly understood at best, and who is to say which version is true. Could be both.

Who knows? Could be a good Rifter article.

The mountain Skartaris will show you the way.

Brian

If you do the article (which could be very cool), I'd steer clear of names like Skartaris that are already closely associated with comic book characters. I'd steer clear of Pellucidar as well....

:ok:
HU2 fan.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

leonmallett wrote:If you do the article (which could be very cool), I'd steer clear of names like Skartaris that are already closely associated with comic book characters. I'd steer clear of Pellucidar as well....

I am not sure which comic book character is associated with Skartaris. I took it from Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I am pretty sure is public domain.

Brian
leonmallett
Dungeon Crawler

BillionSix wrote:
leonmallett wrote:If you do the article (which could be very cool), I'd steer clear of names like Skartaris that are already closely associated with comic book characters. I'd steer clear of Pellucidar as well....

I am not sure which comic book character is associated with Skartaris. I took it from Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I am pretty sure is public domain.

Brian

I can't remember what the world was called in Verne's book, but Mike Grell's the Warlord (DC) deals with a Hollow Earth setting which is called Skartaris.

If it is something you are aiming to submit, then it is probably best to steer clear of names which could attract undue attention ot might cause rejection for the same reason.
HU2 fan.
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

leonmallett wrote:
BillionSix wrote:

Brian

I can't remember what the world was called in Verne's book, but Mike Grell's the Warlord (DC) deals with a Hollow Earth setting which is called Skartaris.

If it is something you are aiming to submit, then it is probably best to steer clear of names which could attract undue attention ot might cause rejection for the same reason.

In the book, Skartaris was a mountain in Iceland. At a certain time of the year, a bit of light would shine through it and point to the cavern that you took. At least in the movie. It's been a while since I read the book.

Brian

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”