Unofficial Splicer Source book

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unofficial Splicer Source book

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Every one here wants the new Splicer source book but they have one at thier finger tips.
Holly cow im not even on the Bio weapons or done with the war mounts on the Splicer Forum, and I wracked up over a 148 pages on Microsoft word. Most of its Slappys work. but not all :-D
Once I finish getting all the stuff from to day to the begining and organize it dont worry ill put the posters name next to the creator i give props.
But its a lot of stuff. Any who any one who is a artist can help i think the Fandom's Unofficial but tottaly Bad ASS Splicer Source book
is a appropriate tittle what do u think. oh yeah where would i put such a beast.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Well we try to come out with something useful, and hope to share our vision fo Splcier world, that even if sometimes in contrast with each other. I don't know other but for me, just do it. The posting had become so much that is a need a place that collect them all.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

that would be truly great. ive been going crazy trying to track all the stuff down and as im not puter savy enough to collect all the data and coalate (sp) it i end up rather frustrated and just give up.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Sounds good to me.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

GREAT idea!

If you need help with editing / organization / etc, don't hesitate to ask for help. I would be happy to help with proof-reading and indexing.

Also, in compiling the book, we should let everyone see an early Table of Contents so if there is an important section that is not covered or covered lightly, we could call upon the mighty contributors to target those areas.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Spinachcat wrote:GREAT idea!

If you need help with editing / organization / etc, don't hesitate to ask for help. I would be happy to help with proof-reading and indexing.

Also, in compiling the book, we should let everyone see an early Table of Contents so if there is an important section that is not covered or covered lightly, we could call upon the mighty contributors to target those areas.
Well Slappy emailed me all of his stuff. I will start working on the basics of a site for it.

Anyone else, feel free to email me your files for the stuff you posted here and I will add it to the site.

Also images/art/etc.. would be helpful.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

What about artwork?

Where could we get free Splicer-style art?
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Find some one to draw it and tell me or email it to me
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Ok ive gone through the various OOCs warmounts and weapons and robots and bio enhancements from 6-19 and back now im on Bio tech for the common man then im done collecting entries off the forum, then its down to proof reading editing and organizeing, if any one needs to rename thier junk please send a tell and to let you know i only took a forum entry if its contains a stat block. Also I was wondering if there are any talented artists that wanted to do the Cover art for this project and, if any one wanted to add any fluff articles to the Unofficial Source Book cause im going to put in some of my musings ,abight more gramatically correct than what you are use to seeing spewed before you, in order to keep people saying " Oh yeah him, yeah he only stole all the stuff, bunch of other blokes wrote it"
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Wow, great work! How many pages is the project so far?

Why are you not including forum entries without stat blocks? Are there any you recommend re-writing to include stat blocks?

What kind of fluff articles are you looking for? What areas are lightly covered so we can focus on them?

Again, thank you for leading the charge on this!
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

so far i have collected 182 pages of stuff. The reason I dont include things without a statblock is that these are not my creations so there for its not my place to mess with the creators vision, but mostly its the fact that they are warmounts that dont have stat blocks that i did not include. Articles Im looking for is things that expand upon the culture and world of the Splicer universe, Like the state of things and new great houses.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

I am having a bad idea.

Splicing refers to combining two or more things and making a hybrid. I can get access to ClipArt.com for $16. As you can imagine, there are NO bio-borg Guyver inspired artwork. BUT there are odd bits and fantasy and robots and lot of animals. Some of it is in color. I am NOT an artist, but I think I can use MS Paint to cut and paste and do a hatchet job to make some art for the Unofficial Guide.

Is there a way to do this cheaper? Does anyone know where I could access a huge amount of public domain, free art?
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

then again.. I *am* an artist.... (see "Fanart Up!" thread...)
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Warmaster40k wrote:so far i have collected 182 pages of stuff. The reason I dont include things without a statblock is that these are not my creations so there for its not my place to mess with the creators vision, but mostly its the fact that they are warmounts that dont have stat blocks that i did not include. Articles Im looking for is things that expand upon the culture and world of the Splicer universe, Like the state of things and new great houses.
but its not his work, so submitting it wouldnt do him any good.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

How is the project going?

Is there anything we can do to help?

I must admit that seeing the "Splicers Sourcebook: Indefinitely Postponed" in the Summer Catalog was a bummer.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

im still organizing it as im doing this on the side. how ever if any one would like to help edit it and do a couple of rewrites of some entries as they are written in a "You know I have this cool idea and ....." so they sound more like pitches than actual sourcematerial.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: More then willing to help.

BladeWeaver wrote:Please feel free to email me if you would like some assistance with editing and rewrites. If you need assistance with stat posts let me know and I will see what I can come up with.

Again as posted if there are areas of the book that do not have enough data to them post it here and we (I will at least) will come up with some stuff to fill in that section.

Thanks....can't wait to see the final product.

Me too. Let me know what you need and give me a deadline.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

well considering that im organinizing into sections and i have every thing i garantee this will be done b4 mechanoid space comes out
and yes ill be done with splitting it up by next week as i only have 88 pages left in a unorganized fasion
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

How goes the project?

What can I do to help?

What is your ETA?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

I'm dying for new Splicers material. Is there any word on this project? I'd be happy to do anything I can to assist, just let me know.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Well all the Material is off of this forum however recently I had my hard drive wiped and lost all of the material I gathered.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

That sucks. Do you want the info again or would you rather not start over. I've lost a few big projects that way and I know how frustrating it is to start over.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

:( If such a thing is physically possible, that both sucks and blows.

I have a good deal of the stuff from the forum on my computer in word (mounts, OCCs, bio-weapons, etc.) I'd be happy to pass it on or assist in any other way.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

naw I can gather all the stuff in a short amount of time, Its the organizeing it is what takes forever.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm willing to help in any way; I'm dying for new Splicers material.

By the way, how's VA Beach these days?

I was stationed in Hampton, VA from '93-'96. I used to spend a lot of time in Norfolk and VA Beach.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Actually, I have most of the work posted here on the Splicers board already collected and divided up by warmounts, occ's, wastelanders, robots, etc... Each category is in its own file.

Want them?
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

The Deific NMI wrote:Want them?

A heart warming and enthusiastic "H:demon: ll Yeah" would be in order right about there.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

To echo an earlier sentiment, not just "yes" but "H :demon: ll yes."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sent.
Check your emails.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Got it. Many thanks.

By the way, I am all about Bauer in 2008!! Is it just me or is this season the best so far?
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

I work around the state legislators everyday, in order to do that my opinion on politics has to be that I have no opinion.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

9voltkilowatt wrote:I work around the state legislators everyday, in order to do that my opinion on politics has to be that I have no opinion.
Jack Bauer is the name of a character from the TV Show "24"
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

:lol: Sorry, I was making a joke that only I got. :lol:
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

BTW, the Rifter Zero project plans to be a PDF for sale to help Palladium with all volunteer writers and artists. Would it be useful for the Splicers Project to follow that pattern and also be a PDF for sale to bolster Palladium...or is it better as free download to possible increase interest in Splicers?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Spinachcat wrote:BTW, the Rifter Zero project plans to be a PDF for sale to help Palladium with all volunteer writers and artists. Would it be useful for the Splicers Project to follow that pattern and also be a PDF for sale to bolster Palladium...or is it better as free download to possible increase interest in Splicers?

i dont know about you, but i would pay money for the unofficial sourcebook. palladium could even print it all out for us and say it was fan work for fans. like the rifter sometimes has. it would be totally BA. and it would make palladium money, which it sio desperately needs.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Myself, 9voltkilowatt, demos606, and taalisman began work on a sourcebook a few weeks ago.

Our project hit a snag for a bit when my new house was flooded due to some faulty plumbing :x $20,000 worth of damage and almost a month to repair.

However, we are slowly starting to get back into the groove. At the risk of tooting my own horn, I think the stuff we've pulled together so far is very cool and hopefully will measure up to the high expections Slappy and House Shiva have set. We haven't posted any of it on the board; we'd like to keep it secret until its grand unveiling.

Without giving too much away, we've got a couple of new OCCs (not all of them"front line" combat types), some new N.E.X.U.S. bots, quite a few new powers and abilites, and at least one new House with unique OCCs and powers.

We'll keep you posted on the progress!
Last edited by Guy_LeDouche on Thu May 03, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

That is awesome news. I don't know what it is, but Splicers seems to be having a major resurgence lately. I can't wait to see it. Are you guys hoping for a Rifter article or will it be an online posting?
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

If we manage to pull off every idea we have thrown around then it will only be a matter of time before the gods of old realize that they were just keeping our seats warm while we finished this e-book. :D

Guy has been the mastermind of the project but I guess it would be up to the group as a whole as to wether we submit it to the Rifter. But even if we only use half of the stuff that we have notes on a single Rifter isnt going to be big enough.

Toot. :lol:
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

9volt is dead on; I'm the central point for collecting and organizing eveything. I have PAGES of rough drafts and ideas from our group. A quick scan of the hard drive shows 4.76MB of Word and Adobe stuff; most of it rough drafts or outlines. :D

If we truly had everything cleaned up and nice and professional (in the process of it now, it can be a little time consuming) I'd be willing to bet we'd come close to 150 pages, possibly more. :eek:

To paraphrase 9volt, a single Rifter just ain't gonna cut it (that was the Southern Hick in me talking just then.)

At this point, we haven't really talked of the "publishing" end of it; we were just united in our affection for Splicers and the desire to see some more material. Personally, I would love it if ended up "official" material; even so, I'll be happy if the fans like it.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

Hey Guy,

I didn't even notice that you were the one that posted the message. I was just looking at all the names inside the post. I was actually hoping to join you on that project, but I got pulled in another direction working with Chuck Walton. I definitely think your project is a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see the end result. From what I've seen on the boards, you've definitely brought in the right idea men to pull it off.

Chuck inspired me with a great concept that we've developed into something really unique. It's really gotten me excited about writing again. The problem with me is that I'm too tempted to just post everything as I write it. I'm trying to save it for the Rifter so people actually get excited about it's release instead of it just being the same old thing I've already put on the boards.

On the subject of publication, I think you guys should go with the similar idea that we are working with. We're trying to scale back our ideas into a more condensed version. Makes it more likely to be published. i have a lot of side concepts and ideas that I'm going to have to drop just to keep it more focused. Not to give away your idea, but I think if you focused on the siege idea and everything necessary to stat it out you would really have something the the Rifter would snatch up. The rest could then follow it as themed articles (O.C.C.'s, enhancements, etc.) or you could just point people in the direction of the web book.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Great! Glad there's more interest...
I've had to curtail some of my activity with problems in the Real World, so I've felt guilty about not being able to work more on this, but maybe renewed activity is just what I need....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

slappy wrote:I didn't even notice that you were the one that posted the message. I was just looking at all the names inside the post. I was actually hoping to join you on that project, but I got pulled in another direction working with Chuck Walton. I definitely think your project is a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see the end result. From what I've seen on the boards, you've definitely brought in the right idea men to pull it off.

Not to sound like an ass but I'm actually a little relieved you can't help on the project.

What I mean by that is this:

As far as most Splicers fans are concerned you didnt just set the bar for future projects, you are the freakin' bar!

Had you been a member of the group most discussions on the material would have gone something like this.

Dude1 "Hey what did you think of Slappys new stuff?"
Dude2 "I thought it was cool, but who are these other guys in the credits section?"
Dude1 "Not sure, must have been the guys that brought him his caffine and snackycake fix while he was workin' on the book" :lol:

This gives the rest of us a chance to shine (or burnout :ugh:) on our own merit. :ok:

***Please note that these are my own personal opinions and not that of the group as a whole.***
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I appreciate that. I just want to put out work that people enjoy.

There are definitely some truly creative and original ideas that have come from you guys and I have nothing but faith it will be an amazing product.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

I definitely think your project is a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see the end result. From what I've seen on the boards, you've definitely brought in the right idea men to pull it off.
:o Aw man, flattery will get you everywhere. In all seriousness, thank you for the compliment.

I think you guys should go with the similar idea that we are working with. We're trying to scale back our ideas into a more condensed version.

In the process now. The only real problem is knowing what to work on and what to keep for later.

By the way Slappy, I understand the fight to keep from posting everything on the board. I struggle with it daily. :-D
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

A 150 page source book is exactly what splicers needs. you guys have probably noticed splicers is back on the rise. how could interest possably stay low with people like slappy and demos606 and all the rest putting out such awsome ideas. i myself am not talented at this kind of thing at all but i have introduced splicers to my friends and even have them doing their part. we should start a petition to palladium about collecting stuff from these boards and the internet and making this sourcebook. If they wont do it themselves they should let us. i hope i dont sound to...mean with that last comment. but im frustrated about this turn of events. there is no need for splicers to die when everything else plods on. except for mechanoids. they should update that too. of course if you think about, can you really get more than one sourcebook out of splicers. it wasn't built up out like rifts or palladium fantesy, or even phaseworld.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I think you could pump out as many sourcebooks as Rifts has World Books. It's the same principle. Each World Book has the Rift's take on each areas culture. You could have the Japanese theme complete with samurai Dreadguard and Oni War Mounts. The Indian themed House Shiva. You could build have an entire sourcebook about one of the enormous Ghost Towns and all the squatters that hide within these artifical cities populated by legions of androids. Carmen's original idea was to have every Great House be an individual sourcebook written by a different author. I still think this is the best way to go.
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

And don't forget the House that fields squads of human\hyena bio-borgs and whos main army is built from gene-fused hybrids, allowing pilot and armor to bond in ways never before seen!

Some New O.C.C's

Profane Archer: makes use of a highly caustic "bile" laser.
Filth Viper: an expert in covert long term sabotage, likes to make use of waste disposal facilities to hide and to strike from.
Gore Monger: mentally unstable before their conversion, Gore Mongers love to mix it up in hand to hand combat where their blood lust can be satisfied.

and

The Maggot Men:The prime enforcers of House Branton. Part Biotic and part Scarecrow, Maggot Men are Nathaniel (engineer) and Gatraphon's (librarian) ace in the hole if all else fails to bring that b***h of a Machine down!

House Branton is poised and waiting to show the Great Houses what true dedication and sacrifice are all about.

"We know what we must do to win, you can either join us or stand aside so that we, the adults, can save you like the children that you are."

"It is no more difficult then that"

-Nathaniel, engineer
House Branton
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

do you have those occs stated out? i would love to see those and i think everyone else would too. especially the maghgot men
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:do you have those occs stated out? i would love to see those and i think everyone else would too. especially the maggot men

Sorry, I only get one (maybe two if I'm lucky) days a week to work on stuff.

While the Maggot Men are going to be some big, mean and nasty mofos its the Filth Vipers that I'm focusing on. They have the ability to dislocate most of the joints in their bodies and can contort themselves to fit into any opening that an average house cat could. Their second major ability allows them to shed their skin like a disposable hazard suit!
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

do you have those occs stated out? i would love to see those and i think everyone else would too. especially the maghgot men

We're working on it. If it makes you feel any better, its torture not to post this stuff on the boards. However, we REALLY want to it to be a surprise when its finally unveiled.

Return to “Splicers®”